PDA

View Full Version : Another officer down

1stMerc
08-19-2007, 06:34 AM
http://www.odmp.org/officer.php?oid=18976

This is tragic. Another young man trying to do some good and just getting his life started, killed by a youngster. This makes no sense.

All of you Law Enforcement Officers be careful out there.

I'm not one but i respect and admire your chosen profession in these trying times.

RoyLPita
08-19-2007, 06:49 AM
The news of this tragedy made my newspaper. Stay safe out there, guys.

finster101
08-19-2007, 06:50 AM
We have had two Officers killed in Fl. within the past three weeks. People are mean any more with no respect for anything just the "all about me don't get in my way attitude". Cops have a tough job as even a traffic stop is risky now. But, please remember not all the people you stop are azz-holes. Yeah I might drive or ride a little fast but i"m not going to shoot you.

Wagonmaster
08-19-2007, 12:33 PM
We have had two Officers killed in Fl. within the past three weeks. People are mean any more with no respect for anything just the "all about me don't get in my way attitude". Cops have a tough job as even a traffic stop is risky now. But, please remember not all the people you stop are azz-holes. Yeah I might drive or ride a little fast but i"m not going to shoot you.

I saw the profile on both of these Florida Officer's on America's Most Wanted on Aug 18th. It was my understanding that only one of the Officers was killed, as the second was still in the hospital. Also, as far as your, "I'm not going to shoot you" statement, Officers have no way of knowing a violators intentions prior to a contact. As you know, a reaction is always slower than an action, thus the reason we seem a little edgy. I understand your point though.

GT

not5-0
08-19-2007, 01:21 PM
I saw the profile on both of these Florida Officer's on America's Most Wanted on Aug 18th. It was my understanding that only one of the Officers was killed, as the second was still in the hospital. Also, as far as your, "I'm not going to shoot you" statement, Officers have no way of knowing a violators intentions prior to a contact. As you know, a reaction is always slower than an action, thus the reason we seem a little edgy. I understand your point though.

GT 3 deputies were shot in 10 days, 2 were in Broward County and 1 of them survived. The second deputy killed was from Hillsborough County.

rayjay
08-19-2007, 02:38 PM
I didn't even need to even read the article. It has been open season on police officers here in upstate NY for the last 18 months. We have buried far too many. Tomorrow and Tuesday we are teaching how to survive these encounters. I pray the lessons learned will stick with our Members and the other agencies we are training.

Bluerauder
08-19-2007, 03:14 PM
So very sad and senseless.

What the heck was this kid trying to prove? >>>> "Police Officer Brown was shot and killed from ambush on Semple Avenue by a 15-year-old suspect who had intended to kill a police officer." :shake:

marales
08-19-2007, 05:15 PM
It was a cowardly act, ambushing the Officer instead of facing him directly. Trying to prove to his worthless friends that he's tough. Lets see how tough he is when he gets turned into somebody's girlfriend, in jail.

1stMerc
08-19-2007, 05:27 PM
I've been on this earth awhile, but i just can't figure what gets in someones head that it's cool to kill a police person. Is a human life just that meaningless to them.

MACFORD88
08-19-2007, 05:37 PM
So Sad I Dont Know What This Guys Have In There Head.

sailsmen
08-19-2007, 09:22 PM
EVIL.

As an inceasingly godless and faithless society we are being conditioned that EVIL does not exist.

Fail to recognize EVIL and you will succomb to it.

I have calculated that 7% of all that exists is EVIL.

We need only recognize EVIL to defeat it.

We see it every day. It was the "poor school system", "it was the drugs", "it was the violent culture", "it was the gun".

Yet if this is true than why do 93% of human beings in the same situation do not murder their fellow human beings?

ChiTownMaraud3r
08-19-2007, 10:20 PM
Just horrible, reminds me of the dozens of police officers slain this year over the drug wars in mexico, funny I never hear about this on our news coverage... It has gotten so bad, they have had to deploy the national guard and army to patrol the streets with m4's and m16s in hand because of the shootouts with police. Some pics,
http://www.time.com/time/photogallery/0,29307,1651420,00.html

MinnesotaMuscle
08-20-2007, 07:15 AM
God's Speed brother.......God's Speed......

ParkRanger
08-20-2007, 10:39 AM
If the death penalty is supposed to work as a deterrent we should stop performing it inside a prison at midnight with only a few witnesses.

I say do it at noon, in front of city hall, open for all to see, with a loud statement of "This is what will happen to you if you kill a police officer" and then drop the gallows platform and let them hang for at least a good hour. :eek:

I'm normally a very tolerant person but when it comes to this $heet - Puck 'em.

PR :burnout: