PDA

View Full Version : Steeda Pullies

musclemerc
08-20-2007, 07:42 PM
For you guys running steeda pullies how about a part number? It seems my waterpump pullie is'nt found on their site.:burnout:

fastcar
08-21-2007, 07:07 AM
Just did this today. Look for Mach I kit, best price is at Brenspeed: $189. Car is still at shop, suppose to pick it up in 10 minutes.:D

fastcar:burnout:

musclemerc
08-21-2007, 03:14 PM
Just did this today. Look for Mach I kit, best price is at Brenspeed: $189. Car is still at shop, suppose to pick it up in 10 minutes.:D

fastcar:burnout:What waterpump style did they come with? Domed or dimpled? My car has a dimpled fit with a rim to keep the belt on track.. Is this the one yours has? Couled you tale a pic of the fimished fit?

MarauderSM
08-21-2007, 05:39 PM
How are under drive pulleys with other upgrades like; superchargers, tunes, gears and exhaust. I know they should yield more power but how much.

fastblackmerc
08-21-2007, 06:39 PM
For you guys running steeda pullies how about a part number? It seems my waterpump pullie is'nt found on their site.:burnout:

As I posted earlier.......................

DR carries them, check with Weschain, eBay etc. Look for Steeda P/N 701-0003. These are the same pulleys as used on the 2004 - 2004 Mustangs.

You don't swap out the alternator pulley.

Follow the instructions provided in the kit.

Keep your old pulleys if your future plans include a supercharger as you'll want to change back to the original pulleys.

fastblackmerc
08-21-2007, 06:43 PM
How are under drive pulleys with other upgrades like; superchargers, tunes, gears and exhaust. I know they should yield more power but how much.

I believe you gain 8 - 10HP, plus the engine spools up quicker. If you plan on SC'ing keep your stock pulleys so you can reinstall them.

A good tune will get you more HP and a better shift / TC lockup schedule.

Gears don't give you any increase in HP.

With a good exhaust you can get up to 20hp.

All these number are just what has been reported... yours may be more or less.

fastcar
08-22-2007, 04:57 PM
What waterpump style did they come with? Domed or dimpled? My car has a dimpled fit with a rim to keep the belt on track.. Is this the one yours has? Couled you tale a pic of the fimished fit?

Friend, I have no idea the difference. Did our cars or Mach Is come with two different styles? The UD water pump pulley is much larger than the factory one. I used a gatorback belt with it. It solved my squeking problem I was having.

Describe what you are trying to figure out better. What exactly is the problem? I'm packing tonight to go on a road trip, so a picture isn't possible right now. If you convince me you really need one, I may be able to arrange it next week.

The crankshaft pulley is much smaller than the original.

You don't use the alternator pulley, because ours has a clutch, which disengages under WOT, so the UD is not needed.

There is a small, but noticeable improvement in throttle response, and pull in gear. I like it :D.

I was warned by one guru to be careful using UDs on these cars because they need enough juice to run all their electronics, but here's my view:

I have Lidio's tune, which engages converter lockup at 63 MPH. Also, 4.10s which increase RPM at ANY speed by 15%. The UDs reduce alternator speed less than 25% (because we don't use the alternator pulley).

So, what I loose in drive speed, is more than made up for by engine speed;)

fastcar:burnout: