PDA

View Full Version : They make'em in BLUE ???

knine
08-27-2007, 08:48 PM
Coming out of the Circuit City tonight, 2 youngens scoping BLUE out. "Figure it out yet?" I asked. "Were' thinking Crown Vic, cause they didn't make BLUE Marauders..........just Silver, Black and.....uh.......uh...... " "DTR Red ?" I added. "Yea". "Nope, 328 BLUE made in 03" "We thought it was a Crown Vic because of the blue......that's a nice car , man !!!"

The only thing cooler than owning a Marauder is the occasional encounter like this. :cool:

MinnesotaMuscle
08-27-2007, 09:43 PM
Well, that is unless your car is BLACK! HAHAHA.... no honestly thats cool though....

RCSignals
08-27-2007, 09:51 PM
Funny how many 'youngsters' know what a Crown Vic is

Zack
08-28-2007, 04:42 AM
Ironically, I had 2 people on seperate occasions yesterday tell me the exact same thing.

whd507
08-28-2007, 04:48 AM
I have a few customers that arent very old with crown vics and Grand Marquis that were purchased new, and even more with used p71s. the idea that only old people want panthers is a myth. when I taught high school, the CV was easily in the top 10 most wanted. (and there were a few in the lot too)

O's Fan Rich
08-28-2007, 04:59 AM
I hate it when the "experts" argue with me that my Trilogy supercharger is "stock", that the car came that way from the factory.
Idiots.....

knine
08-28-2007, 05:13 AM
I hate it when the "experts" argue with me that my Trilogy supercharger is "stock", that the car came that way from the factory.
Idiots.....
I'm in for a lot of fun when I put that Trilogy on then. :rolleyes:

knine
08-28-2007, 07:00 AM
Ironically, I had 2 people on seperate occasions yesterday tell me the exact same thing.
....that I had a cool car? Neat. I didn't know you knew that many of my friends. ;)

I'm thinking about having a "celebrate Earin day", just a chance for my friends to get together and talk a little about what I mean to them......................but Saturday was taken :eek:

I'm in sooooooooooooo much trouble for that one.

Bluerauder
08-28-2007, 07:28 AM
Idiots.....
"Well, I know for a fact that those wheels didn't come on it. Where'd you get them?" :rolleyes:

"Those exhaust tips aren't stock either .... " :rolleyes:

Yeah, I love listening to the experts. ;)

Marauderman
08-28-2007, 08:57 AM
...........and uh....how much did those wheels cost ya man????................uh..... about $35K................they came with the car!!!!

KillJoy
08-28-2007, 09:35 AM
but Saturday was taken :eek:

Yup....that time is scheduled for the "KillJoy is my Hero" Party.

True story ;)

KillJoy

knine
08-28-2007, 09:41 AM
Yup....that time is scheduled for the "KillJoy is my Hero" Party.

True story ;)

KillJoy
Yea yea yea, I gotta go to that one. How ironic !! :rolleyes:

RCSignals
08-28-2007, 10:34 AM
Idiots.....

Just smile, and tell them how rare an option it is, being on fewer than 200 Marauders. :D

Raudermaster
08-28-2007, 11:00 AM
I love when people at car shows tell me, "Oh that has the Inteceptor motor in it." "Yeaaaaa........noooo not exactly genius, this would run circles around a PI." Or, "How much did the Marauder package cost you?" I'm like, "?????? This car came STOCK from the factory, this wasn't an option on a Vic or a Marq."

Blackened300a
08-28-2007, 02:08 PM
:shake:
Idiots.....

Had a guy swear up and down that "MY" Marauder has a Supercharger on it. After 5 minutes of trying to convince him otherwise I just folded and said yes, its a supercharger with 75lbs of boost.
His response was, See... I thought so...:rolleyes:

BTW, at MV-V, our very own member "MERC" thought I had a supercharger and asked me for my helmet and jacket. I guess it happens :lol:

"Well, I know for a fact that those wheels didn't come on it. Where'd you get them?" :rolleyes:
"Those exhaust tips aren't stock either .... " :rolleyes:
Yeah, I love listening to the experts. ;)

Had a guy begging me for the website where I bought my rims. I told him Ebay look under Marauder. He had no clue. :shake:

OneBADLsE
08-28-2007, 02:12 PM
LOL, you guys are nuts...

i had one of my friends say to me when i bought the GM, "I'm sorry for your loss...I hope the estate sale went well" :rolleyes:

Motorhead350
08-28-2007, 02:21 PM
[QUOTE=Rich_Long;527783]I hate it when the "experts" argue with me that my Trilogy supercharger is "stock"[QUOTE]

Tell the experts that it runs 15s stock and you'd love to make a run at them with your "stock" car. :banana2:

knine
09-10-2007, 04:48 AM
Sunday, 09-09-07. Shell station in Yorkville. I was approached by a guy that wanted to know how it ran. "like a ***** ape" I told him. He commented he had never seen a BLUE or a DTR for that matter. Gawd, this is fun :)

SC Cheesehead
09-10-2007, 09:38 AM
Sunday, 09-09-07. Shell station in Yorkville. I was approached by a guy that wanted to know how it ran. "like a ***** ape" I told him. He commented he had never seen a BLUE or a DTR for that matter. Gawd, this is fun :)

Same thing happens to me regularly.

I had one guy argue with me last week that the MMs were just a Merc version of the CVPI, same motor, etc. I popped the hood and let him look at the 4V heads. His comment: "Did they all come with that engine?" Couldn't help myself, told him "only the Blue ones!"

Gotta love it!:D

SCCH

Mesencephalon
09-10-2007, 09:48 AM
Funny how many 'youngsters' know what a Crown Vic is

since they've been pulled over by them for 30-odd years now ... Cops where I grew up started using them in the 70's ... Small period of "Cutlass" in the 90's but then they went back to CV's ...

MarauderSM
09-11-2007, 12:59 PM
I can't wait till someone ask me is that a hooked up Crown Vic.