PDA

View Full Version : Buddy bought a new truck yesterday

Vortex
08-31-2007, 04:39 PM
Yesterday a good pal of mine told me he bought a new truck and needed a ride to the dealer to pick it up. No problem, glad to do it and I always like seeing new cars/trucks/motorcycles/lawnmowers ect... Anyway, I was expecting he was buying a new Dodge/Ford/Chevy pickup but nope, he bought a Hummer H3. I said "oh man, cool" but all the while was thinking "???????" Each to their own I know but I must report that is one strange truck. First and foremost, its like the top has been chopped about 5 inches from where it should be. It reminded me of the Pharoahs 50 Merc in American Grafitti. No headroom unless you leaned the seat back. The interior looked like one of those cheapo boom boxes with the oversized woofers and bizarro displays. Then there was the outside look of it, this one has the big wheel/tire combo and I dont know, it looks ready for the Kalihari, not the Dallas suburbs. Cant see how this is a practicle vehicle, you can see out of it! Anyway, I was polite, told him I liked it but man, no waay would I want one of those things. I know, each to their own, this is just a personal vehicle review and I hope he enjoys his new truck.

finster101
08-31-2007, 06:01 PM
The H-3 is on a Trailbazer chassis, the H-2 is on a Suburban chassis. If you aint buying a real hummer keep your money. My personal opinion the H-3 is a womans car just like a PT Cruiser and VW Beetle. I know many of you probably have the same opinion. So what do you think are womens cars? Sorry Dom I stole this one from you.

Raudermaster
08-31-2007, 06:08 PM
Yea, I'm not a fan of the H3's at all. Like you said though, each to their own. He had to have paid at least $35+ k for the thing too right? Hummer should just stick to making their big SUV's, not try to get cute and compete with the smaller ones.

larryo340
08-31-2007, 08:48 PM
It would have to be an H1 or nothing at all;). The H2 and H3 are just bad sequels much like FORD did with the Bronco II.:D

sailsmen
08-31-2007, 11:15 PM
If it were my friend I would pour gasoline on it and set it on fire. Since he is my friend I would not charge him for it.

Local Boy
09-01-2007, 04:42 PM
My wife wants that...I'm planning on geting her a dog, to play with, rather than drive...LOL...Really...LOL

ALOHA

Aren Jay
09-01-2007, 10:00 PM
fake hummer, a blazer body kit. GM knows how to make money, congrats to GM.

Anyone ever see that truck show where they took a 1999 Chevy Tahoe and turned it into a Cadillac for $1500.00?

mrjones
09-03-2007, 08:18 AM
You can get the new H3's with the 5.3L. That ought to make for a fairly decent trucklet.

ckadiddle
09-04-2007, 09:14 AM
Tha part of town I live in we are afflicted with many cellphone talking, hummer driving soccer moms. I really love playing hummer dodgeball with the marauder on the way to work every morning. ;)

offroadkarter
09-04-2007, 12:03 PM
My personal opinion the H-3 is a womans car

Thats actually literally what hummer designed it for, to be a woman's city cruising SUV that can get through bad weather. Thats why it only has an inline 5. Jeez 5cylinders? why not 4 or 6, better yet 8 :confused:

Aren Jay
09-04-2007, 09:19 PM
They had to do something with all those Saab engines.