PDA

View Full Version : A little present from New Jersey

Mike Poore
09-01-2007, 07:47 AM
There was a circle tour through NJ last weekend, and on Monday I had a tickle in my throat. By Tuesday it was a really sore throat and Wednesday a full blown cold/flu, and OTC cold medicine therapy started.

One of my fellow travelers called on Thursday, and I asked him if he had picked up the dreaded maledy. Nope, he said, but be careful of this one because one of the guys down at work had the same symptoms and his funeral was yesterday.

Because of the severe cough and the patches of white stuff in my throat getting worse, I couldn't lie down or get any sleep, so, Friday morning's visit to the Dr. confirmed Pneumonia and I went away with a scrip for an inhaler, heavy duty antibiotics, and a chest X ray request.

Dunno, if its the same one; but this could be the same bug that laid Bluerauder low, and you guys need to be careful, it may not be just a cold.

Oh, I forgot, there was scrip for a bottle of cough syrup with codine. :woohoo:

It's hard to point to a cause, but I suspect the dinnerware from one of the restaurants.

MM03MOK
09-01-2007, 08:04 AM
Rest easy, my friend!!!

jgc61sr2002
09-01-2007, 10:46 AM
Mike - Get well soon.

Bluerauder
09-01-2007, 11:17 AM
.... one of the guys down at work had the same symptoms and his funeral was yesterday. :eek:

Dunno, if its the same one; but this could be the same bug that laid Bluerauder low, and you guys need to be careful, it may not be just a cold.
Get well soon, Mike. Sounds kinda similar with the cold/flu symptoms; but I never got a sore throat. For me, the on-set was pretty sudden on a Friday afternoon and by Monday morning I was in pneumonia city .... with major dehydration. Recovery took a full 2 weeks of pills, rest and fruit juice. Not the best use of vacation time at all.

Bigdogjim
09-01-2007, 02:22 PM
Only the best from New Jersey:)

Hope you feel better soon.

Leadfoot281
09-01-2007, 06:51 PM
Sure don't sound like any fun. Hang in there!

MyTMerc
09-01-2007, 07:21 PM
Always go for the Pizza in Jersey (hope I don't start a pizza war), it's the best! No utencils required. Those Jersey circle dinners are awsome, I never had a bad meal at one, sorry you got a bug. Take Care and hope your feeling better soon Mike.

oldekid
09-01-2007, 07:27 PM
Take care Mike. Don't drink the water in Jersey.

:beer:

RCSignals
09-01-2007, 10:03 PM
Get well, enjoy the Codeine, never use dirty dinnerware.