PDA

View Full Version : Assembly Plants

njmarauder
09-09-2007, 08:50 AM
Does anyone know where to get a list of what vehicles are built where?

Specifically looking for Ford Edge/Lincoln MKX and Mazda CX-9.

Are these are built at the same plant?

Reason for question is we are completely loyal to FMC. We are in the market for a new family cruiser (current is Windstar) and since FMC no longer makes minivans, started looking at Edge and MKX, but no 3rd row seat/7 passenger capacity. CX-9 has 3rd row and 7- passenger.

I know it kind of bending the rules a little, but at least FMC owns a % of mazda and I am hoping someone here will tell me it is assembled in the USA.

Thanks in advance.

larryo340
09-09-2007, 06:27 PM
The Taurus X (was the Freestyle) has alot of room in the rear.

ahess77
09-10-2007, 05:10 AM
U387 (Ford Edge) and U388 (MKX) are built at Oakville, Ontario which is where the V229 (Freestar) used to be built. Probably no difference in assembly plant worker quality standards. Next generation of Edge & MKX will likely have a 3rd row available to make-up for no minivan.

I know everyone has an opinion and this thread will probably recommend 100 different vehicles to you. But, is there a reason you have such loyalty to Ford? Everyone has different experiences and this leads them to one brand versus another (my father will only by Chrysler for some unknown reason), but look at non-biased evaluations and buy what you want (features, price, warranty, and quality wise) then you'll cause the car companies to chase what you want instead of what the media touts or governement tries to force.

i.e. Recently a Toyota Scion and Chevy Cobalt were rebranded to the other and people's perceptions of the brand of Toyota and Chevy in the USA lead them to pick the Toyota brand and not the actual Scion or Cobalt. But in Europe they were equal. (Autolinedetroit.tv)

If you're looking for a minivan replacement, Chrysler has always had the most development and highest ranked features on a minivan. Reliability and overall quality are not good though (per JD Powers. They're trying to change but it will take 5+ years before it's apparent in the market.)

If you want an Edge/MKX style of vehicle I would also recommend the GM Lambda platform (Build Enclave, GMC Acadia, Saturn Outlook, Chevy to be coming) all built in Lansing Delta Township (Michigan). Quality is good compared to Edge/MKX and equal to Sienna.