PDA

View Full Version : BS at The Liquor Store Tonight

Zack
09-12-2007, 05:49 PM
Went in for a 12 pack, and realized the chilled beer is $1.00 more than the warm beer. :confused:
Either Ive never payed attention in the past, or this is only the case in certain establishments.

Anyone care too share their experiences?

Thats BS if you ask me.

rvaldez1
09-12-2007, 05:51 PM
I never realized, now I want to run to the liqour store and check. Maybe there is a premium for Blue Moon, its Belgian you know.

SC Cheesehead
09-12-2007, 05:51 PM
Went in for a 12 pack, and realized the chilled beer is $1.00 more than the warm beer. :confused:
Either Ive never payed attention in the past, or this is only the case in certain establishments.

Thats BS if you ask me.

Yep, I typcially pay more at ABC stores for cold beer, not so at grocery stores that carry beer as that's all they usually sell (at least at the places I shop).

BTW, what kinda beer you drink up there in Chicagoland?

SCCH

Blackmobile
09-12-2007, 05:53 PM
That's news to me, and I've bought a beer or 2. I wonder if melting ice cream is cheaper than fully frozen?

RCSignals
09-12-2007, 05:59 PM
I never realized, now I want to run to the liqour store and check. Maybe there is a premium for Blue Moon, its Belgian you know.

Does Belgium really exist?

Zack
09-12-2007, 05:59 PM
It was Miller Chill, BTW. Good stuff!
Very similar to Blue Moon, my favorite!

SC Cheesehead
09-12-2007, 06:04 PM

Ooooooooooh, love that Blue Moon!:drink:

Tried Miller Chill last weekend, good stuff, especially when it's hot outside.

SCCH

MERCMAN
09-12-2007, 06:10 PM

It is brewed by Coors, in Colorado and Tennesee.

Don't order one in D.C, all you will get is a quizzical look

SC Cheesehead
09-12-2007, 06:14 PM
[/b][/size]

Coors???!!!!

Say it ain't so!

Well, so much for drinking classy "imported" beer. Then again, it IS made out of state.;)

SCCH

Bluerauder
09-12-2007, 06:17 PM
[/B][/SIZE]Don't order one in D.C, all you will get is a quizzical look
Blue Moon is the one served with an orange slice, right? (That's 2 of the food groups) Cross the river and you can get it in Northern Virginia. TGI Friday's even has it. :D

KillJoy
09-12-2007, 06:26 PM
Must be a IN thing????

ALL beer, that I buy, is the same price, warm or cold.

With that being said, alcohol prices in OH are regulated by the Gov't.

KillJoy

KillJoy
09-12-2007, 06:27 PM
Mmmmmm..... Blue Moon.....

Almost as good as the local Brewery's Pale :D

:beer:

KillJoy

Breadfan
09-12-2007, 06:48 PM
Blue Moon is the one served with an orange slice, right? (That's 2 of the food groups) Cross the river and you can get it in Northern Virginia. TGI Friday's even has it. :D

I was gonna say that's all around here. Heck TGI Fridays doesn't just have it, it's on tap not bottles!

Bigdogjim
09-12-2007, 06:52 PM
Zack your a nice guy BUT, your cheap:)

Zack
09-12-2007, 07:05 PM
Zack your a nice guy BUT, your cheap:)

I dont even have a reply to that, other than the letters I just formed into words.

sabtaj1
09-12-2007, 07:30 PM
no bad expierences here! But I do like the name of the liquor store here.
Liquor Box. LMAO. I love it.

grzellmer
09-12-2007, 08:12 PM

Hey, I made that. Thank You for Your Support:banana2:

chader
09-12-2007, 08:48 PM

Thats BS if you ask me.
Not to sure why it is a issue,if you want real beer you have to pay more then twice that(?)in Canada.....I guess you get what you pay for?

Aren Jay
09-12-2007, 09:00 PM
In Canada you have to pay more for warm beer, sandwiches and the like, Cold beer, Sandwiches etc... are tax free.

3rdcoastmrauder
09-12-2007, 09:03 PM
Miller Chill FTL

ICK!

Sharky
09-12-2007, 11:05 PM
Around here it's the same price, warm or cold.

Best thing is, you can buy it 24/7. Blue laws suck.

Never heard of Miller Chill or Blue Moon, will look for them and give them a try.

Motorhead350
09-12-2007, 11:14 PM
The BS I have to deal with is most quit selling beef jerky... the only reason IU would go into a store like that. :mad:

knine
09-12-2007, 11:51 PM
I don't drink :eek: but I have seen it with chilled cases of pop. They are charging for their "service" and to cover "electric costs".

RCSignals
09-13-2007, 01:22 AM
[/b][/size]

Don't order one in D.C, all you will get is a quizzical look

So much for Belgium :)

Bluerauder
09-13-2007, 03:00 AM
no bad expierences here! But I do like the name of the liquor store here.
Liquor Box. LMAO. I love it.
I saw a liquor store in Columbus, GA called "Boos". Initially, I thought it was a Halloween costume store. :rofl:

Bigdogjim
09-13-2007, 04:55 AM
I dont even have a reply to that, other than the letters I just formed into words.

Zack: The store where you buy the beer is providing a service by chilling the beer, that is costing them $$ to cool the beer, someone has to put in there, store has to buy the big cooler unit. They will sell the beer right off the shelf for a lower price, so that is why I stated your cheap! Buy warm beer and chill it your self. :argue:

Zack
09-13-2007, 05:00 AM
Thats what I did, now I have to charge myself a dollar!

Mike Poore
09-13-2007, 05:14 AM
Mmmmmm..... Blue Moon.....

Almost as good as the local Brewery's Pale :D

KillJoy

BITE YOUR TONGUE!:fishslap:

KillJoy
09-13-2007, 05:26 AM
BITE YOUR TONGUE!:fishslap:

HAHA!!!

I said ALMOST!

:D

KillJoy

sabtaj1
09-13-2007, 06:47 AM
I just picked up 7 cases of 18pk Coors Light plastic 16oz bottles for $6.99 a case at the local Hy-Vee. Couldnt beat that deal. plus thats what I drink.

Motorhead350
09-13-2007, 10:29 AM
I don't drink :eek:

That makes two of us. :cool:

knine
09-13-2007, 12:36 PM
That makes two of us. :cool:
Wow, I have something in common with Dom? Excuse me, I have to go take care of something......:shot:

Mike Poore
09-13-2007, 04:02 PM
Hey, when Dom told me about "Straight Edge" I looked it up, and am VERY impressed. :)

I wish there were more kids like him. :D (but not too many) :rofl:

KillJoy
09-13-2007, 05:26 PM
If many kids did not drink.... where would our yummy beer be in 55 years????

KillJoy

Leadfoot281
09-13-2007, 06:11 PM
Geez Zack, I had you pegged as a Miller High Life guy.

Anyone else remember those commercials from a few years ago? They'd show some guy eating a powdered donut in his garage with greasy fingers after packing some wheel bearings.

Local Boy
09-13-2007, 08:03 PM
Zack...you bought too little beer...Get'em by the case...and the price is inignificant...20 beers later...lol

ALOHA

96DiamondVIII
09-14-2007, 08:57 AM
Don't think I've seen a price difference around here...but then again, I usually buy beer at the grocery store, where they have more room in the refrigerated beer section than they know what to do with. Also, most of the beer I drink doesn't come in anything bigger than a 6-pack. [/beer snob]

It always surprises the hell out of me when I'm in a state where you have to go to the liquor store to buy beer. It was like that when I was up in Maryland in August...wtf? You can't buy beer after 10PM or whenever the ABC store closes? That's some crap. Here in NC the only restriction that catches beer (or wine) is that you can't buy alcohol of any kind in between midnight and 1 PM Sunday. We don't have any independent liquor stores though, anything hard (i.e. not beer or wine) has to be bought at a state-run ABC store.

Motorhead350
09-14-2007, 10:15 PM
Hey, when Dom told me about "Straight Edge" I looked it up, and am VERY impressed. :)

I wish there were more kids like him. :D (but not too many) :rofl:

haha ya all of us are nuts. People sometimes question what I am on and when they find out I am always sober they just know I'm nuts. :D Knine are you Straight Edge too???

RCSignals
09-14-2007, 10:21 PM
I just picked up 7 cases of 18pk Coors Light plastic 16oz bottles for $6.99 a case at the local Hy-Vee. Couldnt beat that deal. plus thats what I drink.

Beer in plastic bottles? The future is darker than I imagined.

RCSignals
09-14-2007, 10:23 PM
haha ya all of us are nuts. People sometimes question what I am on and when they find out I am always sober they just know I'm nuts. :D Knine are you Straight Edge too???

Here you go http://www.straightedge.com/

knine
09-15-2007, 05:12 AM
Yup. Keepin' it real. No drugs, pills or beer to dull the painful affects of life. Enjoying it clean.

Motorhead350
09-15-2007, 09:09 AM
Next time we meet up we should have some virgin screwdrivers. :D

Blackmobile
09-15-2007, 09:46 AM
Yup. Keepin' it real. No drugs, pills or beer to dull the painful affects of life. Enjoying it clean.

Don't worry, that feeling passes with age. Meds....:up:

Drewstang
09-15-2007, 06:51 PM
Miller chill is great. Screw that straight edge stuff. I don't do drugs, never have and never will but I needs me a drank every once in a while.

Motorhead350
09-15-2007, 11:33 PM
Screw that straight edge stuff.

Then screw your lifestyle.

Drewstang
09-16-2007, 07:29 PM
Didn't mean to offend you. Its just not for me.

Motorhead350
09-16-2007, 07:50 PM
It's cool man different things for different people. I know theres a lot out there that isn't for me either. ;)

SC Cheesehead
09-17-2007, 05:17 PM
Miller chill is great. Screw that straight edge stuff. I don't do drugs, never have and never will but I needs me a drank every once in a while.

QUOTE OF THE DAY:
Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin.

Now that, my friends is a man blessed with true discernment!:beer:

SCCH

Motorhead350
09-17-2007, 06:00 PM
Straight Edge is a more philosophical offshoot of the punk movement, a The basic tenet of the philosophy centres around the issue of self-control. The goal is to regain as much personal control over your own life as possible. sXe is the only counter-culture to actively discourage drug use and alcohol use. Straight edge is a lifestyle centred around personal development and well being, while encouraging fun and togetherness. sXe is not just about being into contemporary punk music acts and being against drugs. It goes deeper than this. It is to attract people away from dependancy lifestyles centred around drug habits (legal or illegal) and unhealthy and exploitative eating and general living habits common in modern cultures.

:argue: Now that is a healthy way of living.