PDA

View Full Version : Blew the MM engine!

fairlane347
09-13-2007, 07:23 AM
That's right my 34k mile MM is effin' screwed up! I drove the car to work and it was fine. Came back from lunch and it starts knocking, WTF. So I check the oil and its low, I toped it off and it still knocks. I had to limp the POS home and that did not help. It sounds like a spun bearing or bad rod, it knocks bad. My dad spun a breaing in his 390 Ford so I know what it sounds like, and its similar. Why the hell can't Ford make a car worth a **** anymore!!!! I am soo pissed I want to burn it to the ground, but really I just have to push it in the corner until I can come up with the money to rebuild a hardly used engine. I had the spark plug blow out of my 2000 MGM too last year, I want to kick someone at Ford on the balls for there excelent junk! I might as well try to come up with more money and get a forged rotating assembly so I can really beat the hell out of it!:mad2:

Zack
09-13-2007, 07:30 AM
Im looking for a winter project, so If you would like it fixed, just get it to me and you will save a lot of coin.

KillJoy
09-13-2007, 07:35 AM
That sucks!

It will be interesting to see if your's did the same as Barry's. I think the Oil Pump gears went on his, and took the engine with them.

NOS must be HARD on these engines!!!

KillJoy

SID210SA
09-13-2007, 08:26 AM
34K.....arent you still under factory warranty...or did it just run out of time?

Raudermaster
09-13-2007, 08:53 AM
You're blaming Ford, when the oil was low in your car?

chader
09-13-2007, 09:04 AM
Zex Dry kit 125 shot!"...I'd be interested in what the cause of failure was??

fairlane347
09-13-2007, 09:52 AM
I will be rebuilding it myself since I know how. Yeah I am just out of factory warrenty too. :mad:

I don't know about you but a engine that low of miles should not burn oil! (since it don't leak) There was now sign of it being low. I am sure no one checks there oil level on a daily basis.

Lidio said he has seen stock MM's with spun bearings, the NOS prob. did not help but not sure it would be root cause.

Raudermaster
09-13-2007, 12:08 PM
My old '95 CV though used to burn oil badly. I would find just when I changed my oil at 3k, there would be at least a quart or a bit more missing.

sailsmen
09-13-2007, 12:21 PM
I have 90K and 180 runs.

Does not burn a drop of oil.

It's all in the tune.

knine
09-13-2007, 12:23 PM
I am sure no one checks there oil level on a daily basis.
Let me introduce you to my "friend" Obsessive Compulsive Disorder", or OCD. I'd tell you more, but I have to clean house for 18 hours (and check my oil 6 times).

Sorry to hear about your troubles. At least you have the talent to rebuild the motor. I could screw up an oil change driving to Jiffy Lube (I have, please don't ask me how).

Good luck with the re-build.

Dragcity
09-13-2007, 12:44 PM
I'm not quite OCD, but I do check my oil at every fill-up of gasoline. While it's pumping, i grab a rag and give it a check for level and color.

What was your oil pressure gauge telling you? (if you have a real one?)

And here I was contemplating a Nitrous kit, maybe not... I know I would abuse it.

No more than two hits a day my arse....

Zack
09-13-2007, 12:45 PM
No more than two hits a day my arse....

Yeah, and you're talking about injecting it into the cabin :D

fairlane347
09-13-2007, 12:47 PM
I have a dyno tune for the nos, it must have been bad parts in the engine to start with. It still should not use any oil.

offroadkarter
09-13-2007, 12:49 PM
Zex Dry kit 125 shot!"...I'd be interested in what the cause of failure was??

+1

Although i think you listed the cause, especially if it was sprayed with low oil.

Zack
09-13-2007, 12:50 PM
If you still have oil pressure, I suspect some debris of sorts got into the oil pump, shaved a little aluminum off, then passed into the closest bearings.

DONT run the car anymore, or you risk messing up the heads.

And get ready to open your wallet to have that aluminum block machined.

RCSignals
09-13-2007, 01:11 PM
I have a dyno tune for the nos, it must have been bad parts in the engine to start with. It still should not use any oil.

Must be faulty parts. Couldn't possibly be low oil or NOS

RCSignals
09-13-2007, 01:14 PM
I will be rebuilding it myself since I know how. Yeah I am just out of factory warrenty too. :mad:

I don't know about you but a engine that low of miles should not burn oil! (since it don't leak) There was now sign of it being low. I am sure no one checks there oil level on a daily basis.

Lidio said he has seen stock MM's with spun bearings, the NOS prob. did not help but not sure it would be root cause.

You say it shouldn't burn oil? Was there a sign of it doing that?

Usually you can check for a sign of low oil by checking the oil dipstick, unless you want to wait for an oil light.
I've heard there are some new cars that don't have dipsticks?

Breadfan
09-13-2007, 01:17 PM
Doesn't the MM have a low oil light? I wouldn't expect engine failure without the light being on. I would suspect that light comes on at a somewhat conservative point. Hard driving like hard cornering, accel, or braking with lower oil could pose a problem, but normal driving without a light on shouldn't kill a motor.

Aren Jay
09-13-2007, 01:20 PM
Has anyone with a stock Marauder had the same thing happen?

If his car was stock I would blame Ford, but it is not so he can't.

Breadfan
09-13-2007, 01:25 PM
There are a number of stock motored MM's I know of that I believe had engine failures. Now were they "bone" stock I don't know for sure...

Marauderjack
09-13-2007, 02:09 PM
Could be something as simple as low fuel pressure.....lean condition and the 125 shot of NOX.....disaster!!:eek:

I have about 68K miles on my motor since I put the blower on and it runs like new.....BURNS NO OIL....total miles are 152K and GOING STRONG!!!:beer::bows:

For the record.....my trans, rear end and brake pads are still original and the car still makes TWO black stripes when I ask it to!!:D

I'd remove the NOX and see if the dealer might assist you with the project??:confused::rolleyes:

Marauderjack:burnout:

RCSignals
09-13-2007, 02:17 PM

I'd remove the NOX and see if the dealer might assist you with the project??:confused::rolleyes:

that's good advice, because I understand that with Ford's increase of warranty for new models, Service Managers basically can extend warranty on cars such as this for specific items, at their discretion.
The NOX would negate that.

Blackened300a
09-13-2007, 02:31 PM
Sorry to hear about your engine.

CRUZTAKER
09-13-2007, 08:33 PM
34K.....arent you still under factory warranty...or did it just run out of time?

Warranty VOID with NOS. Ask me how I know.;)

Zex Dry kit 125 shot!"...I'd be interested in what the cause of failure was??....laughing....gas...

I have a dyno tune for the nos, it must have been bad parts in the engine to start with. It still should not use any oil.Agreed. So did I.

Has anyone with a stock Marauder had the same thing happen?

If his car was stock I would blame Ford, but it is not so he can't.Yes. Me.

Could be something as simple as low fuel pressure.....lean condition and the 125 shot of NOX.....disaster!!:eek:

Sure enough in my case. Detonation=massive oil pump damage and engine lock up.

Good luck with the project, and install internals that agree with NOS a bit better, and pray that you don't get bad gas, or are starved for fuel when spraying.;)

Raudermaster
09-13-2007, 08:35 PM
The other people that have had their engines crap on them in the 30k range had the first version of the Steeda pulleys that caused the problem. So that has been solved.

CRUZTAKER
09-13-2007, 09:08 PM
I wasn't aware my pullies were an issue.

Have had them for quite a long time.

I am pretty sure the NOS killed mine.;)

MACFORD88
09-13-2007, 09:38 PM
There Was A Ford Post On Ford Web Site About After Market Oil Filters Lossing Rubber Debri.and Closing Oil Passages?try To Look In To It.

jdando
09-14-2007, 04:36 AM
Sorry to hear the engine died.

jeremy

larryo340
09-14-2007, 05:24 AM

I have about 68K miles on my motor since I put the blower on and it runs like new.....BURNS NO OIL....total miles are 152K and GOING STRONG!!!:beer::bows:

For the record.....my trans, rear end and brake pads are still original and the car still makes TWO black stripes when I ask it to!!:D

that's good advice, because I understand that with Ford's increase of warranty for new models, Service Managers basically can extend warranty on cars such as this for specific items, at their discretion.
The NOX would negate that.
^^^^^^^^^^+2
Remove the NOX completely with no evidence of it being there.

It's worth a shot even if you have to pay a portion of repair.

fairlane347
09-14-2007, 05:26 AM

Usually you can check for a sign of low oil by checking the oil dipstick, unless you want to wait for an oil light.

haha funny guy

fairlane347
09-14-2007, 05:27 AM
Doesn't the MM have a low oil light? I wouldn't expect engine failure without the light being on. I would suspect that light comes on at a somewhat conservative point. Hard driving like hard cornering, accel, or braking with lower oil could pose a problem, but normal driving without a light on shouldn't kill a motor.

The oil light never came on, so it was not that low.

fairlane347
09-14-2007, 05:29 AM

I am checking with the dealer...

FordNut
09-14-2007, 05:33 AM
The oil light never came on, so it was not that low.

Unless you've added an aftermarket oil light, you don't have one.

fairlane347
09-14-2007, 05:37 AM
Unless you've added an aftermarket oil light, you don't have one.

Ok thanks, I thought it was only the gauge too but I did not look for a light on the dash.

fastcar
09-14-2007, 05:48 AM
Sorry to hear about the disaster.

Did you ever hear SPARK KNOCK when you were on the juice?

I think taking the equipment off, and trying for a warranty call is a great idea esp. if you are just outside of it.

I would take everything off the car, have it towed to the dealer like they are going to take it, and just walk in on the service manager. Just have a fit about it.

BTW, how low were you? Did you need like 2 quarts?

fastcar

fastcar
09-14-2007, 05:58 AM
My old '95 CV though used to burn oil badly. I would find just when I changed my oil at 3k, there would be at least a quart or a bit more missing.

Raudyboy!

A white 95 P-71 was my last ride, and you are right on the money! That car used more oil than gas, it would get low CONSTANTLY because it used so much oil. I had to add one quart every 3000 miles just like you.

BTW, this is likely why my motor failed at 250,000 miles. It was very low on oil, I was on a road trip to Watkins Glen, and ran it hard up the hill to the track while cold. BIG MISTAKE... It seized right there.

fastcar:burnout:

TCBO1
09-14-2007, 09:42 AM

Yes the new mercedes and some of the bmw mods do not have dip sticks. The engine tells you how much oil is going in as you add it and then tells you when it is full..... soooo what happens when the cpu screws up is what I want to know?