PDA

View Full Version : Where should the wife and I go for a long weekend?

sabtaj1
09-15-2007, 02:42 PM
I think its the first weekend in November. friday night, saturday to sundaynight. We were thinkin maybe St. Louis or chicago or somthing not to far away. The in-laws are gonna have the kids so we can get away. Dont wanna spend to much money with x-mass comin up. Just thought I would ask. She brought up Galena but dont wanna go where there are just some shops. Also peoria, but dont think there is much to do there either, except Big Als and dont think she would like that. LOL. Any suggestions. With in a 3-4 hour drive? Thanks

Hotrauder
09-15-2007, 02:45 PM
Commerce, Ga. for the SSHS7. Everyone else will be there. Dennis:beer:

sabtaj1
09-15-2007, 02:47 PM
I wish! I would love to go there. You just had to bring it up didnt you! :-(

Local Boy
09-15-2007, 04:18 PM
HAWAI'I...It's not that far away...

ALOHA

RoyLPita
09-15-2007, 04:53 PM
+1 for Hawaii if you can call Christmas off. :jk:

Cobra25
09-15-2007, 06:45 PM
Don't tell anybody . This is where you want to be *( SSHS7)*.

sabtaj1
09-15-2007, 06:49 PM
Ya Ya I know. Would love to be there. owell, maybe next year. And Hawaii is definately out. Thanks for all of the depressing suggestions.

MERCMAN
09-15-2007, 08:30 PM
I highly suggest Louisville if you like bourbon. Do a search on bourbon and Louisville. The distillery tours are almost free and they were VERY interesting. Free tasting too :up:

Cobra25
09-16-2007, 04:05 AM
How about Fort Lauderdale Beach? The Air Fares are good, the Beach is Great, and you can Join us on Friday nite at the Tower Shops and have dinner with us.

martyo
09-16-2007, 06:31 AM
Las Vegas!!!!!!!!

LilCop2002
09-16-2007, 06:51 AM
If you have a 3 day weekend, I'd check out Pigeon Forge, TN. There's plenty of sight seeing, shopping (for Christmas), amusement parks (Dollywood is Dolly Parton's amusement park and NASCAR Speedpark might be up your alley), cabins (quiet time with the wife), and so much more to do.

I've lived in the area since 1991 and I enjoy the hell out of it. According to Mapquest.com, the trip from Chicago to Pigeon Forge is only 575 miles. It might be longer than you wanted to drive, but it's a lot closer and more realistic, financially and logistically, than the other options.

If you are interested, let me know. I'll be back in the area on the 1st of October and I could give you whatever info you needed. PM me if you feel so inclined.

Mike Poore
09-16-2007, 08:58 AM
I agree with Marty, Las Vegas is prolly the best deal you're gonna get so far as cost and time is concerned.

Another option, although it's a 10hr drive, is the Eastern shore of Maryland, Ocean City/Rehoboth, DE, to be exact. Now that school is out, it's a wonderful place to hang out and chill. You can stop and do the Gettysburg Battlefield on your way to or from. Just hit I-70 it's a straight shot.:D

my_rodder
09-16-2007, 09:40 AM
I like La Cross WI. went to the shades of blue tattoo show a few years ago. The downtown is full of little shops, bars, and places to eat. (there are a lot of bars!!!!!). I'm not sure how far away these are but Stillwater MN is fun too. Just make sure you see where you are going first. And never trust hotels.com!!!!! take my word on that.