PDA

View Full Version : first drive w/a manual

marauderboi
09-15-2007, 04:47 PM
today I detailed my neighbors infinity G35 coupe with a six speed in it and all I can say is a manual is really fun to drive .Belive it or not I did not even stall it. The owner let me power shift second on an old closed road and as soon as the clutch was out the car was sideways:burnout:but the actual driveability of that car was very nice. I am happy to say that I learned to drive a standard car faster than the owner. There will be a standard car in my future.:D

1stMerc
09-15-2007, 05:43 PM
They're fun, but not in stop and go traffic.

LilCop2002
09-15-2007, 05:50 PM
Or mountainous locales like East Tennessee

JMan
09-16-2007, 04:13 AM
A Cobra could be fun most anytime!

J

marauderboi
09-16-2007, 05:10 AM
A Cobra could be fun most anytime!

J
I would drive a cobra in any condition

P.S
Speaking of cobra my friend in north carolina is moving back to tampa in a few months and right now he has an 1988 fox body with a vortech S/C but he is buying an 03-04 cobra so I cant wait to help him mod that.

MarauderTJA
09-16-2007, 06:17 AM
Diriving a stick has always been enjoyable for me. You really "drive the car" with a standard transmission. I drive my Marauder almost every day when I am home, but really enjoy going on business road trips with my SVT Focus with the 6 speed. Good experience for you Alex.

Mike Poore
09-16-2007, 06:38 AM
Alex, I've always had and enjoyed sticks, and have a 5sp in my F-150 daily driver, now.

A shiver went up my spine, when I read that you put it sideways, catching second. The stories are too numerous to count about inexperienced drivers, especially in 5.0 Mustang Fox's, hitting second at nearly 50mph, then the nearest tree. I lost my '88, 5.0 after the shift into 2nd, when it hit the power band on a damp road, and only skill, experience, and a huge helping of luck saved my ass. :drive:

Please, please, be careful. ;)

Hotrauder
09-16-2007, 07:12 AM
:2thumbs::2thumbs:Alex, Be safe, have fun and be careful my young friend. I drove sticks for years and yes there is nothing like them for car control. I have gotten lately to enjoy Penny's auto stick more as I am to lazy to drive a real stick anymore in traffic and where is there no traffic anymore? Dennis

1stMerc
09-16-2007, 07:17 AM
Alex, I've always had and enjoyed sticks, and have a 5sp in my F-150 daily driver, now.

A shiver went up my spine, when I read that you put it sideways, catching second. The stories are too numerous to count about inexperienced drivers, especially in 5.0 Mustang Fox's, hitting second at nearly 50mph, then the nearest tree. I lost my '88, 5.0 after the shift into 2nd, when it hit the power band on a damp road, and only skill, experience, and a huge helping of luck saved my ass. :drive:

Please, please, be careful. ;)

What he said, hone your skills in something way less expensive and preferably before you have to do it in bad whether.

Have fun with your new found "skill set" :banana:

Motorhead350
09-16-2007, 12:20 PM
Then problem with stick is everything else will now be boring.

marauderboi
09-16-2007, 01:20 PM
Thanks for the support guys I know I am not even close to having enogh skill to drive a stick in the rain but when I got sideways in second I was in a large parking lot off a closed road and I was still extremely careful. Again thanks for the kind words.