PDA

View Full Version : Took the M6 for a joyride

Motorhead350
09-17-2007, 12:49 AM
I got back to my parents house a little early and surely enough the M6 was sitting in the garage just bagging for a rough time. I found the key stashed in my tool chest and fired it up. It was about 55 outside today, but I put the top down anyway and kept my biker leather jacket on and turned that heated seat up. Before I hit the big open road I check all settings... M mode check, Power mode check, tranny hard shifting mode check, paddle shift mode check. So I hit the road and I was actually kinda shocked... I thought it would be a lot faster. I come to a complete stop to give it a brake torque launch.... it won't let me do that! :mad2: It'll go to 1,100 and thats it. I think the traction control came back on or something because from my experiences when you turn off T/C you can do a burnout if the car has the power to... it doesn't rev limit. Once it got going it was burning rubber from gear to gear all the way to 4th till I had to stop because I was hitting about.... well lets just say I had to slow down.

When I decided to stop the car, it told me to take it easy because the clutch got very hot after about 3 hard launches. I was almost thinking what a piece of :censor:! The Marauder badly tuned feels like it's running harder than this. I think I still need to make sure the settings are where they should be and I'm sure if I mess with it again it'll really shine. When I got home I beat my parents by about 2 minutes and my dad put his hand on the hood and said "This is a bit hot isn't it!?" I was like ya it's been under that light for a little while. Well I told him how the car reacted to me because he said he was having problems with it too, but he drives it like a sane person. It needs service in 25 miles because of the first 1,000 mile policy. He told me I could have it all weekend in 2 weeks for the Northwood Auto show, but I think as soon as I get that torque converter put in the Marauder this week I'll probably wanna bring use that car instead.

We will see how the M6 does at the track soon. I love it, but I still need to learn how to run it!. :burnout:

Zack
09-17-2007, 04:28 AM
Thanks for telling the world wide web where the key is.

woaface
09-17-2007, 04:38 AM
I think there's a way to undo that manually with the car...look it up on a BIMMER forum

Mike Poore
09-17-2007, 04:56 AM
Dom, meet James. James, Dom.

James, care to explain to Dom the consequence(s) of thrashing your old man's prized possessions?

Um, Dom? Pay attention, here.

BTW, the guys at Car & Driver are always grousing about the "I" drive idiocy, and how it takes a computer savvy kid who could never afford one of these cars, to figure out how to use it. :rolleyes:

Ken
09-17-2007, 06:11 AM
Did you jack up the car and run the car in reverse to subtract the miles!:D:rofl:

Ken

KillJoy
09-17-2007, 06:47 AM
I know the "M" series specifically say to NOT BEAT ON THE CAR for a min amount of miles, or it voids the warranty. This can supposedly be checked via the on-board computer by the service tech.

:rolleyes:

KillJoy

Hotrauder
09-17-2007, 07:01 AM
Dom, just when I think you have a grasp you post something like this immature, irresponsible and characterless proof you have no clue. Bad parenting is not a workable excuse at your age...grow up and grow a pair, be a man. Expect more from yourself. Good luck. Dennis

KillJoy
09-17-2007, 07:23 AM
Yup..... just found this

"Moving parts need breaking in time to adjust to each other. To Ensure that your vehicle continues to provide optimized economy of operation throughout an extended service life, we request that you devote careful attention to the following section.

Do not use the driving programs 5 and 6, refer to Drivelogic on page 57, during break in.

New subsection of the break in period entitled "Engine and Differential"

Subsection:"Up to 1200 miles/2000 km"

Drive at changing engine and driving speeds, however do not exceedd 5500 rpm oor 105 mph.

Avoid full-throttle operation and use of the transmission's kick down mode during these initial miles.

Subsection: Froim 1200 to 3000 miles

The engine and driving speed can gradually be increased up to a continuous vehicle sped of 135 mph. Only drive a5t top speed briefly, eg. when passing.

Using P500 and P500S is OK if the above mentioned procedure is followed.

Good Job!

:up:

KillJoy

rayjay
09-17-2007, 07:29 AM
Well, at least he didn't break it...

knine
09-17-2007, 07:52 AM
Yup..... just found this

Good Job!

:up:

KillJoy
That silence you hear is Dom's heart..........stopped. DOH !!

teamrope
09-17-2007, 07:54 AM
Well, at least he didn't break it...

Yet. :unsure:

Leadfoot281
09-17-2007, 08:09 AM
Why am I suddenly thinking about the movie Risky Business?

Just stay away from the lake Dom. Also, if you happen to meet Rebecca de Mornay, send her my way.

The last thing you need to hear is; Who's the U-boat commander?

Motorhead350
09-17-2007, 10:13 AM
It was actually cool and my parents didn't care. Don't say they raised me bad, they don't drive like I do and I only do it once in a while.... actually I drive more like my mom than dad f.y.i. Also when we got the car I asked what the break in period was and they said it does not exist. I guess I was lied to. If i know about being easy for the first 1,200 miles I would have. Zack no one knows where the other house is where the key is kept. ;) I can't wait until it hits 1,200 mile so it can hit the track.

dreydin
09-17-2007, 10:28 AM
lol, it has less than 1k miles? ruh roh =x

larryo340
09-17-2007, 12:27 PM
It seems owners manuals are there just to take up valuable glove box space. :rolleyes:

Joe Walsh
09-17-2007, 01:49 PM
Next I would suggest that you attempt a full throttle, red-line bouncing neutral drop!......:up:

Or, just try to determine how fast you can be going forward and still be able to jam it in reverse!

Hotrauder
09-17-2007, 02:36 PM
"It was actually cool and my parents didn't care. Don't say they raised me bad, they don't drive like I do and I only do it once in a while"Quote

I rest my case..no fn clue. It isn't about driving or your parents(?) It is about your maturity and sense of responsibility. You wouldn't understand. Dennis

Motorhead350
09-17-2007, 05:40 PM
I rest my case..no fn clue. It isn't about driving or your parents(?) It is about your maturity and sense of responsibility. You wouldn't understand. Dennis

There are moments for maturity and moments for fun... this was a fun time. Don't you dare say you never pushed a car to it's limits and I bet everyone here would have done the same to the M6 knowing it was just fine and in a deserted area. :razz:

knine
09-17-2007, 05:44 PM
.... actually I drive more like my mom than dad f.y.i..
She has a loud P.A.'s and flashing headlights?????????????????? :eek:

mrjones
09-17-2007, 05:52 PM
[QUOTE=Leadfoot281;533679]Why am I suddenly thinking about the movie Risky Business? Also, if you happen to meet Rebecca de Mornay, send her my way.

Last movie I saw her in, she was portraying a grandmother. A hot, trashy grandmother, but still a grandmother. Damn, I'm getting old.

I don't understand the complaint about the lack of power in the M6. I've watched the video of Hans Stuck on the autobahn in an M6. He does 194. That seems fast enough for me.

But then again, my MM is NA.

woaface
09-17-2007, 06:35 PM
Oh yeah, thrashing your dads car without permission can lead to some pretty sever consequences. Like...forcing you to live a better life. Glad you had permission you lucky bastard!

Rocknthehawk
09-17-2007, 07:05 PM
There are moments for maturity and moments for fun... this was a fun time. Don't you dare say you never pushed a car to it's limits and I bet everyone here would have done the same to the M6 knowing it was just fine and in a deserted area. :razz:

I find that doubtful. I don't think anyone would have an issue pushing a car to its limits, it's pushing their PARENTS car to its limits.

grow up. honestly, who wants to hear about how you trash a $100K plus car?

more money than brains....

larryo340
09-17-2007, 07:51 PM

When I decided to stop the car, it told me to take it easy because the clutch got very hot after about 3 hard launches.
:eek: Nothing like side stepping the clutch on a brand new car :rolleyes:

We will see how the M6 does at the track soon. I love it, but I still need to learn how to run it!. :burnout:
What you need to learn is to RESPECT it first

There is a difference in driving a car hard and beating the $h!t out of it.

OneBADLsE
09-17-2007, 09:00 PM
There is a difference in driving a car hard and beating the $h!t out of it.

:lol: What do i do?

----By the way, everyone needs to let this kid have fun. Its an M6. If it cant handle this type of abuse, then why the hell would anyone pay over 100k for it? If you have enough $$ to laugh about it, then why care? Saying the kid is immature is nonsense. Well - some of it anyhow.

I drive my car HARD. VERY VERY HARD. She still runs like the day i got her, and i put over 50k on it. Always seems like the more you pay, the easier they break.

Dom - Just dont kill yourself bro. Having fun is great and all...Just dont be wreckless bro. Trust me, i know what im talkin about. I have close to a million miles under my belt, and im only 24. You obviously have people here who care dearly for you. Dont disrespect their advice...

HOWEVER:

People - Dont bash the kids parents. Anyone who ever bashed my parents would get their faces smashed into itty bitty pieces. Maybe he can take what some said in stride...I know i wouldnt.

Carry on soilders

Motorhead350
09-17-2007, 09:22 PM
grow up

Never! :P

Yes Knine my mom had flashing headlights. :flamer:

I pretty much had permission to go nuts with the car. Like I said I'm sure anyone here given the chance would. I can totally understand the jelousy and wither anyone wants to admit it or not is probably the number one reason some of you are busting my chops. Quite honestly I wouldn't care if someone did what I did and you know it goes on everyday all over the world. People using their cars for what they are designed for. I could tell you guys and girls some far worse stories that I have heard (not done) that totally exceed what a "Dominick Test Drive" is.

As far as running the car hard... this is what it was made to do! You don't get an M6 and drive it like some Mercury Sable. This is a performance car. It would be like someone buying a sound system and being yelled at for turning it up all the way a few times. My parents are good people and a lot better then they were. I say have fun while you can. I'm not the one with the money, I earn my money.... I don't take cash from everyday like some brat in a frat. You really shouldn't be talking about people you don't even know. Ya wanna judge me go ahead, I won't judge you.

I miss this car already. Wish it was back here. I gotta find out more about Auto Cross.... this might be a great car to use! ;)

Raudermaster
09-18-2007, 09:53 AM
Any FYI for the Bimmer's, a friend has a '96 325i, with T/C off, it still won't do a burnout, something to do with the computer. However, if you dump the clutch it will roast 1st and chirp 2nd, but that's about it.

Motorhead350
09-18-2007, 10:32 AM
There must be a way to bypass this. Like I said a few weeks ago this car needs a tune.

Raudermaster
09-18-2007, 11:35 AM
I don't want to imagine how much a tune for that car would be.

Motorhead350
09-18-2007, 12:31 PM
Ha ya you got that right. I'm sticking to the Marauder and Blazer thank you.... very tempting though. I bet if it was tuned and could hook up it would do high 11s.

Rocknthehawk
09-18-2007, 01:37 PM
Ha ya you got that right. I'm sticking to the Marauder and Blazer thank you.... very tempting though. I bet if it was tuned and could hook up it would do high 11s.

actually, from what i've read, you would throw money at it until you got pissed off and gave up. how can you know enough to get a car into the 11's, but not know squat about tires sizes?

and this has nothing to do with jealousy. i'm not jealous that you can't respect a vehicle. I've driven more expensive cars and cars i'm sure were more fun, and i own my dream truck. stop kidding yourself.

offroadkarter
09-18-2007, 01:47 PM
Cant we all just get along?

Motorhead350
09-18-2007, 03:13 PM
actually, from what i've read, you would throw money at it until you got pissed off and gave up. how can you know enough to get a car into the 11's, but not know squat about tires sizes?

and this has nothing to do with jealousy. i'm not jealous that you can't respect a vehicle. I've driven more expensive cars and cars i'm sure were more fun, and i own my dream truck. stop kidding yourself.

:banned:
ummmm who are you to type? Do you live in an area that all think your way or are you another one of those people who hates anything that is imported? Either way your not effecting me and I have no idea why you are wasting your time tring to make me feel bad because it's not working. :argue:

Rocknthehawk
09-18-2007, 04:21 PM
:banned:
ummmm who are you to type? Do you live in an area that all think your way or are you another one of those people who hates anything that is imported? Either way your not effecting me and I have no idea why you are wasting your time tring to make me feel bad because it's not working. :argue:

No, I've already read enough on here to realize you're too stubborn to see people are trying to help you.

Motorhead350
09-18-2007, 08:36 PM
No, I've already read enough on here to realize you're too stubborn to see people are trying to help you.

I don't need anyones help and all you said were just things to tick me off so how is that helpful? You blame my parents, say more money than brains.... how is that help? If you were being helpful you would have told me what form to to go for M6 information or told me why the car reacts the way it does. That would have been helpful. I don't someone telling me I'm stupid and living my life the wrong way... 18 years of catholic school was enough.

Leadfoot281
09-18-2007, 08:59 PM
Dom, you and I are the only two people here that ever romped on our Dads cars.

(uh-oh, I shouldn't have said that! Now I'll get three pages of hate mail pointing out my lack of maturity, my obvious disrepect for Buick LeSabres, and my stupid avatar.) :P

Motorhead350
09-18-2007, 09:19 PM
John, it's you and me both. No one else here has ever went to town with someone elses car let alone a parents car. We are alone on this topic. :high5: