PDA

View Full Version : With the New Taurus how about a New SHO

Aren Jay
09-17-2007, 08:21 AM
.............................. ..

shodude
09-18-2007, 03:00 PM
bringbackthesho.com (http://www.bringbackthesho.com)

i'm the graphic artist there.. we are trying!

Raudermaster
09-18-2007, 07:50 PM
Search, I posted a thread about this a while ago. It would be nice, but Ford would never do it again.

I think it is time that Ford bring out a New 4.6L or 4.2L SHO. As the 500 is the new Taurus, perhaps it is time for a 420 BHP SHO. Put the Jaguar 4.2L V8 Super Charged engine with AWD. A New Muscle Sedan & Wagon and a boost to the lagging Taurus Image. Take some of the sales back from Subaru and up the entire Taurus line tow rating, 5-7000lbs. Make it a real crossover alternative for the SUV crowd, a local Subaru killer and make it special. With options it could well be a lowend BMW Mercedes competition. Just make sure it is built to better standards than the Marauder was.

mdskiing
09-21-2007, 06:01 PM
I hope that FORD won't use sweged cam lobes on the new SHO. I'm still waiting for the class action lawsuit against FORD to be settled. Do a google search on blown SHO engines.....

I've onwed 3 SHO's

Glad I got out of the last one before the engine went on it!

Happy! Happy! Joy! Joy! :lol:

Aren Jay
09-21-2007, 07:18 PM

knine
09-21-2007, 07:53 PM
I'm sure that if the 500..........I mean Taurus doesn't catch on, they'll replate it as a SHO, then possible a Marauder, until they find a name that sticks. Reminds me of the last style of Caprice classic. We broke the letters off until it spelled "Caprice A$$". It just fit.

sailsmen
09-22-2007, 11:18 AM
They were pressed on, instead of pinned or welded or keyed.

They tended to slip totalling the engine. Ford refused to recognize as a defect. The cost to fix was usually more then the car was worth.

I read somewhere that there was a disagreement between Ford and Yamaha on production purchases. The result was Yamaha raising the prices on replacement parts/engines.

I am pretty sure it was limited to the V8.

The only reason the dealer took mine on trade on the Marauder was because it was still under ESP.

I owned an '89, '95 & '99. They were all good cars, particularly the '95. '89 was very fast but had some quaility issues paid for by Ford ESP. '95 & '99 very well made.

MarauderTJA
09-22-2007, 12:59 PM
I had a 1989 SHO and loved the car. Nothing out of the hole, but once it was rolling she was an incrdedibly fast car. Great for overall New England weather. Set of Pirelli M/S it was great in the snow as well. I would love to see Ford make another one. Don't think it will happen. They are dropping the ball except for the Mustang. Can't understand why they don't make another SVT Focus to compete with the Jap cars and German econo boxes. Sometimes I wonder about Ford and where they are going.

Aren Jay
09-24-2007, 10:04 AM