PDA

View Full Version : Posting Photos

davidholland
09-18-2007, 03:52 PM
Ok I'm a little in-ept with attaching photos to a thread. The site will only allow 1.00mb and my photos are like 1.33 so how can I shrink them to get them posted? Any help we bill reatly appreciated!

CRUZTAKER
09-18-2007, 04:59 PM
You have several options.

Using the attachment function in posting to a thread will indeed limit you.

Get a free add-on from Windows XP Powertoys called image resizer.
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx
Works well, easy to use, and adds a command line to the list when you right click an image file.

Posting appropriate sized files in our gallery and linking that file url within your post will show a large picture rather than a thumbnail.

Local Boy
09-18-2007, 05:35 PM
I 'am VERY frustrated....With all the help you guys give on "How to post pic's" I still can't do it...This is really irritating!!!!

ALOHA

1stMerc
09-18-2007, 06:18 PM
Also if you have Microsoft Office you can use "Microsoft Office Picture Manager" and you can also use "paint" though it's a little trickyer.

oldekid
09-18-2007, 07:51 PM
Create a free account at photobucket.com. Upload your pics to your new album. Once they are there, select the pic you want to post here by clicking on the select box below it. Then go to the bottom of your album page, and you will see a box marked "generate html/image codes. Once you select that it will bring up a url address that you can copy and then paste into your thread on this forum. You won't see the actual picture until you review your post. Once you get the hang of it, it's pretty simple.

Here's one of mine: Just right click and paste the address you copied here.

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l120/JohnTrogdon/FourMarauders.jpg

oldekid
09-18-2007, 07:58 PM
Also, once your pics are uploaded to your free account, they are already sized to fit here. No matter how large the files are before you upload, they will only store them in a low res size fit for web viewing. If you pay to upgrade your account, they will allow you to upload full resolution. It's a pretty good way to share your pics, and it's free.

Good luck!

Local Boy
09-18-2007, 08:17 PM
WOW! That's a sweet pic, oldekid...

Thanks for the help...I'll try again...

ALOHA

knine
09-19-2007, 01:24 AM
You have several options.

Using the attachment function in posting to a thread will indeed limit you.

Get a free add-on from Windows XP Powertoys called image resizer.
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx
Works well, easy to use, and adds a command line to the list when you right click an image file.

Posting appropriate sized files in our gallery and linking that file url within your post will show a large picture rather than a thumbnail.
Kewl, thanks, I can now do this. Sweet.

CRUZTAKER
09-19-2007, 01:12 PM
Kewl, thanks, I can now do this. Sweet.

Exactly.

How hard is it to follow the link I provided, download the file, install the file, and use the function. :dunno: