PDA

View Full Version : F-22 Raptor Air Show Demo video

Bluerauder
09-18-2007, 06:59 PM
For the "more power" folks in the group, I thought you might get a kick out of this video. The maneuvers are incredible. Cruzer and Mat will surely appreciate ..... the F-22 Raptor !!! :up:

Here >>>> http://www.f22-raptor.com/media/video_gallery/videos/F22_AirShow_Langley.wmv

Raudermaster
09-18-2007, 07:49 PM
Saw that at the airshow a few weekends ago, wow! My favorite is the Hornet though, that mutha *****a is loud!!!!!

JMan
09-19-2007, 06:16 AM
OMG! That was awesome! Air Superiority at its finest.

J

Big House
09-20-2007, 07:32 AM
Nothing That I have heard is louder than a F-15. The noise that cat makes if unreal.

Saw that at the airshow a few weekends ago, wow! My favorite is the Hornet though, that mutha *****a is loud!!!!!

SHERIFF
09-20-2007, 08:50 AM
Nothing That I have heard is louder than a F-15. The noise that cat makes if unreal.

Most people live out their entire lives without ever being 400 or 500 feet below one of these fighter jets. They have no idea whatsoever how loud they really are. During low flight training they actually shake the ground. It's just plain awesome! :cool:

Jeffh
09-20-2007, 09:00 AM
The B-1 in full 'burner is the loudest thing I have heard. I have heard them all. I live 30 miles from Oceana, East coast Master Jet Base, and about 20 miles from Langley AFB. The new Super Hornet is supposedly 30% louder than the Tomcat, and the Tomcat was LOUD!

Some of the older guys have said that the B-58 Hustler would make you sick if you were too close to the runway on takeoff due to the noise.

Mike Poore
09-20-2007, 09:06 AM
For the "more power" folks in the group, I thought you might get a kick out of this video. The maneuvers are incredible. Cruzer and Mat will surely appreciate ..... the F-22 Raptor !!! :up:

Here >>>> http://www.f22-raptor.com/media/video_gallery/videos/F22_AirShow_Langley.wmv

WOW, Charlie, that bird's a hoot! I especially like the duck foot control surfaces below/behind the vertical stabilizers. They flap around and make that airframe do impossible maneuvers ....the stall(s) for instance.

William mentioned the F-15's and noise. When we have "guests" up here on the mountain, they fly cover, and although we can hear the roar, I've yet to see one, excepting at night when it's possible to see their wing lights flashing. I can't imagine what it's like to have one of 'em down on the deck. :eek:

Bluerauder
09-20-2007, 09:24 AM
The B-1 in full 'burner is the loudest thing I have heard.

I will agree with this on the B-1 with afterburners lit. Happened to experience this headed to the annual DoD Airshow at Andrews AFB outside Washington several years ago with my son. We were headed to the parking lot and had to do a U-turn right at the end of the runway. As luck would have it, a B-1 lifted off right in front of us, made a hard left and a steep climb. We could look right up the rear of the plane and when he lit the burners, we just sat and rumbled/vibrated in the seats. Incredible and awesome just doesn't describe it. The sheer power and experience brought a tear to my eye. :D

Watching a squadron of B-52s taking off at 30 second intervals in 1965 at Seymour Johnson ABF was a pretty moving (and shaking) and ear shattering experience as well. :up:

Big House
09-25-2007, 11:44 AM
I stand corrected and reminded at the sheer awesomeness on the B-1B. The first time was at a Air Force Academy football game. The first one came over high and slow, while a second tracked in from it's 9 fully swept back wide open, or what could have been seen as wide open. It was the greatest flyby ever. And also just the other day, two B-1B's buzzed Bolling at about twilight. The roar and the purple flames spitting aback was enough to make any plane fan emotional.

Commodore Crap
09-25-2007, 04:55 PM
sheer awesomeness on the B-1B. .

we had one at Niagara Falls ARS Air show about 10 Years ago. it was so loud when it took off, that the power went off at a few of the company buildings at the end of the runway.