PDA

View Full Version : Smart day at the Dealership.

Aren Jay
09-20-2007, 05:08 PM
.............................. ..

xopher
09-20-2007, 11:16 PM
I was thinking about a Smart car, especially if my city driving increases, cuz I don't want to risk the Marauder in a pile-up in some interchange. If the price on the Smart cars comes down a little bit, I might have to go grab one and throw it in the trunk of the Marauder as a back-up vehicle. :)

offroadkarter
09-21-2007, 12:08 AM
I saw video's of smart car's with gsx r engines in them, one big smoky burnout after another :)

suprisingly if you crash one into a concrete wall at 70mph they dont crumple up at all.

I know that there was a chinese company called sunl who makes buggies and motorcycles, and they copied the smart car and were going to produce it, was a genuine copy. Mercedes Benz was going to sue if they did produce it, dont think they ever did.

Buy the car and put a marauder engine in it!

Mike Poore
09-21-2007, 03:42 AM
I always go back to safety and crash worthiness, though. In the days when I ran !-270 daily, it was in a Ford Fiesta. It was a wonderful car; but I could look over at the 18 wheeler, next to me, and see, eye to eye, the rev counter on the tire/wheel of a truck. :eek:

Have you guys seen data showing how the occupants in a Smart cars fare in collisions with a larger vehicles?

offroadkarter
09-21-2007, 04:47 AM
Have you guys seen data showing how the occupants in a Smart cars fare in collisions with a larger vehicles?

Ive seen video's, ill try to dig them up when i get home.

Mike Poore
09-21-2007, 09:19 AM
Ive seen video's, ill try to dig them up when i get home.

You mean of crashed ones? That sounds ominous. :eek:

Meanwhile, I found this on the internet: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ju6t-yyoU8s

Breadfan
09-21-2007, 11:19 AM
Those things will make Prius drivers look like burly axe-weilding lumberjacks!

Aren Jay
09-21-2007, 12:55 PM

RCSignals
09-21-2007, 01:52 PM
How will a smart car do in Alberta winters?

RCSignals
09-21-2007, 01:54 PM
I saw video's of smart car's with gsx r engines in them, one big smoky burnout after another :)

suprisingly if you crash one into a concrete wall at 70mph they dont crumple up at all.

I know that there was a chinese company called sunl who makes buggies and motorcycles, and they copied the smart car and were going to produce it, was a genuine copy. Mercedes Benz was going to sue if they did produce it, dont think they ever did.

Buy the car and put a marauder engine in it!

There is nothing that would stop the Chinese from producing a clone of the Smart car.
If Mercedes has a factory in China, and Mercedes gives China enough grief, they'll just say thanks for the factory, bye Mercedes.

offroadkarter
09-21-2007, 03:44 PM
You mean of crashed ones? That sounds ominous. :eek:

Meanwhile, I found this on the internet: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ju6t-yyoU8s

Thats the one i was referring to actually :)

Aren Jay
09-21-2007, 07:31 PM

RCSignals
09-21-2007, 09:04 PM
A Smart car might be my snow tire solution for my Marauder. Would also let me consider other types of aspiration additions, as I would then only need to take it out once or twice in the cold.

Now that sounds like a plan

n00bkiller944
09-21-2007, 09:17 PM
Haha funny little cars, i'd like to drive one

jdando
09-22-2007, 01:34 AM
There are lots of them here in Madrid Spain. The car makes a lot of sense in a city, not sure I would like to take one on the highway.

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/3/1/0/2/smartparking.jpg

I am amazed how people park here. Parallel parking within 3 inches of the curb with less than 6 inches in the front and rear. I would have to call in to work and say " help I am parked in and can not get to work":P

jeremy on vacation for two days

MM03MOK
09-22-2007, 03:51 AM
^^^ The Marauder would need both those spaces! Look at the skinny front tire! Or...."help, come lift me out of my parking space!" Enjoy your weekend and the Autumnal Equinox, Jeremy!

Aren Jay
09-22-2007, 12:07 PM

Aren Jay
09-22-2007, 12:20 PM