PDA

View Full Version : Sighting on I90/94

MMM2003
07-22-2003, 05:31 AM
Went on a nice long extended weekend trip last Wednesday (7/16) to La Pointe, WI (try to find that on a map).

On my way up north, I saw a black MM travelling South on I-90/94 just north of the Wisconsin Dells. Time was 4:15 pm.

Even so I only got a quick glimpse, I could swear the MM had the Sean Hyland wheels on it. Unfortunately we were driving the wifes car (Honda Prelude), so I'm sure I wasn't seen.

I know, I know what you are going to say (should have taken the MM), but the roof mounted bike carrier looked odd enough on the Prelude as it was. Ain't puttin' that on the MM!

Topher
07-24-2003, 07:06 AM
Hey Peter,

I'll be heading up to the Dells in a couple of weeks for a family trip. It'll be nice to get some highway miles on the MM.

How were the speedtraps along 90/94? We all know the WI troopers can't resist pulling over a car with IL plates, and I'd like to avoid another $180 ticket. :cool:

Chris

MMM2003
07-24-2003, 07:24 PM
Yeah, those darn FIB's! :D (Except the MM owner's of course)

State Troopers like the Dells area with all those easy target tourists. I have gotten a warning and my friend has gotten a ticket right around the Baraboo area.

You have to go ride the Duck's. That's a blast.

Enjoy !

P.S.: How is the MM running after your tranny issue?

Topher
07-25-2003, 07:20 AM
Thanks for the heads up. We'll be sure to take the Duck Tour while there.
I've had a few more electrical gremlins with the airbag wiring since May, and I found a paint problem in the passenger side door jamb. But all seems to have settled down now. Hopefully it won't decide to act up again once we hit Wisconsin. :)

bchapman
07-25-2003, 07:53 AM
www.speedtrap.org