PDA

View Full Version : It is Unbelieveable

Aren Jay
09-28-2007, 08:26 PM
.............................. ..........

RCSignals
09-28-2007, 08:33 PM
That's one of the reasons the Lincoln Town Car has been so popular with the
luxury car service companies

Aren Jay
09-28-2007, 08:47 PM

RCSignals
09-28-2007, 11:59 PM
You could always round a up whole bunch of the K-car Limousines.
Then you would certainly have a unique fleet

Mike Poore
09-29-2007, 04:12 AM
Thing is the Towncar can be hired at any Limousine place. They are nice but rather common. The old ones suffered from the small backseat right up till 1998. But then I need to have something special.

There is a guy with a Luxury Limousine service in town, but only for intown use and he only has one. Part of his Ferrari Dealership. He has a new BMW Rolls Royce Phantom, but he uses it as advertising for his dealership. When I get serious I will have to try his service out.

So far the Jaguar, which women seem to love, would be a good starting point. 2006 Jaguar Super V8 Portfolio and the Maybach 62. And for winter use the VW Phaeton or Audi A8L (both AWD).

Unless something else comes up.

Worst case I end up with some really nice cars.
Best case I get paid lots of money too.

Why not a Marauder? Lots of room, safe and comfortable, and with proper advertizing a very exclusive ride. :)

Aren Jay
09-30-2007, 12:41 AM

rumble
09-30-2007, 10:36 AM
A few years back I ran into a service in Maui that used mid 60's Silver Clouds. One of the downsides is the small back seat. Space was adequate but not luxury. When we pulled out it was apparent that this Roller had been modded. Questioning the driver revealed they all had 351 Fords installed. Seems it eliminated maintenance hassles. That part was cool.

I have a (wife's actually) A8L and would recommend it highly. Good performance, super supple ride, great handling and lots of luxury. Limo quality back seat space. MPG about 18 in town and 24 highway. Individual A/C controls for rear seat passengers. What's not to like?

Aren Jay
10-01-2007, 11:13 AM

rumble
10-01-2007, 05:30 PM
A8L is the light version of the Phaeton. The Turbo version is the Bentley.

I am intimately aquatinted with the Phaeton. In many
respects it is a great car. As I'm sure you know the Audi is an aluminum body, the Phaeton is steel. That's about 1000 lbs of extra weight that's noticeable in handling, acceleration and MPG. The biggest downside to the Phaeton is the reliability and upkeep. If you do get one get VW's extended warranty or keep a bushel basket of money in the trunk for repairs.

Don't get me wrong, it's a very nice car. Just beware of what you're getting.

Good luck!