PDA

View Full Version : You think i parked well enough?

offroadkarter
10-02-2007, 08:42 PM
Driving a marauder for the first time is scary, not to mention parking it between a trailer and a jeep :eek:

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e185/offroadkarter/My%20Marauder/P9300001.jpg?t=1191382879

How'd i do?

RCSignals
10-02-2007, 08:45 PM
too close !!

offroadkarter
10-02-2007, 11:22 PM
too close !!

but i didn't ding dang dong the doors

snowbird
10-03-2007, 03:13 AM
Oups, I must admit I almost always park like that !!

Bluerauder
10-03-2007, 04:14 AM
Driving a marauder for the first time is scary, not to mention parking it between a trailer and a jeep :eek:
There's enough room to put 2 Marauders in there. Keep on practicing. Maybe you should sign up for Mike Poore's parking and backing classes. ;)

How are you doin' with parallel parking? Do they even still teach that?

offroadkarter
10-03-2007, 04:53 AM
There's enough room to put 2 Marauders in there. Keep on practicing. Maybe you should sign up for Mike Poore's parking and backing classes. ;)

How are you doin' with parallel parking? Do they even still teach that?

Not a clue, i havent gone for my test yet ;)

Im not even legal age to own a permit, i was just practicing how to drive out in the sticks.

VAmarauder03
10-03-2007, 09:57 AM
how in the hell did you pull of aquiring a marauder before your old enough to get a learners permit???

Aren Jay
10-03-2007, 10:12 AM
ever since coming back from England I can never park straight.

stillprint
10-03-2007, 10:40 AM
how in the hell did you pull of aquiring a marauder before your old enough to get a learners permit???
+1!

tell your parents to adopt me..i already have my license.lol

Bluerauder
10-03-2007, 02:05 PM
I'm not even legal age to own a permit, i was just practicing how to drive out in the sticks.
In that case, I think Mike will give you a 25% discount on his parking and backing course. ;)

Parallel parking is a lost art. Heck I have seen folks spend 5 minutes trying to just get between the lines in head in parking lots. Some folks are just way in over their head with driving.

offroadkarter
10-03-2007, 02:15 PM

I saw a good deal and drained my savings account, just like that

Parallel parking is a lost art. Heck I have seen folks spend 5 minutes trying to just get between the lines in head in parking lots. Some folks are just way in over their head with driving.

It really is, although Metuchen NJ still has some parallel parking spots, ive seen a black marauder in some of em to.

I guess its better than the elevator parking lots i saw in Hawaii, with a big sign saying "If we drop your car its not our fault" something about that doesnt comfort me :eek:

And yes it really did say that.

marauderboi
10-03-2007, 02:26 PM
I saw a good deal and drained my savings account, just like that

It really is, although Metuchen NJ still has some parallel parking spots, ive seen a black marauder in some of em to.

I guess its better than the elevator parking lots i saw in Hawaii, with a big sign saying "If we drop your car its not our fault" something about that doesnt comfort me :eek:

And yes it really did say that.
From the ex youngest member, I envy you, I have to find a job and I am just hoping to pay for a 1998 MARKVIII or MARK VII

offroadkarter
10-03-2007, 02:46 PM
1998 MARKVIII or MARK VII

IMO those are the nicest Lincolns ever made :)

Youknow that spot looked alot smaller from the back window.:confused:

cyclopsram
10-03-2007, 03:14 PM
I have a 1000000 miles in panthers.. and I can parallel park...and angle park and back seat park...most fun...My son used a Panther for his senior prom and was successful...my daughter ran away from home in a panther... also successful... no wedding to pay for...such wonderful cars.

RCSignals
10-03-2007, 03:15 PM
ever since coming back from England I can never park straight.

There is no straight parking in England?

RCSignals
10-03-2007, 03:18 PM
I have no problem parallel parking. Where it takes a bit more thinking is when parallel parking on the left side of a one way street.

Bluerauder
10-03-2007, 05:22 PM
I have no problem parallel parking. Where it takes a bit more thinking is when parallel parking on the left side of a one way street.
I agree. It must be the difference in perspective on the left side that causes you to cut the angle too steep or too shallow.

Growing up in Baltimore City on street parking was the norm. I learned how to parallel park in a '62 Chevy BelAir station wagon (283 cid) with no power steering. Compared to that, anything is a breeze now.

Aren Jay
10-03-2007, 05:30 PM

Think about it.

:shake:

BAD MERC
10-03-2007, 06:08 PM
I never practiced "perpendicular parking".

djbruce26
10-03-2007, 08:22 PM

I actually find that easier... but i'm probably just nuts.

My first time parallel parking in my VIC was on my license test. 100%. He even complimented me about it after the test saying most kids can't do it let alone in such a big car.

I can't parallel park my vic here in KC. I measured the other day. 17 foot car and 19 foot parking spots... 2 feet isn't enough wiggle room. Someone will move and someone else will park close to me and then I won't be able to get out. I usually end up parking about 5 blocks from wherever I need to be.

offroadkarter
10-04-2007, 04:48 AM
I usually end up parking about 5 blocks from wherever I need to be.

Ouch

Well, maybe take up 2 spots ;)

ckadiddle
10-04-2007, 06:27 AM
I suck at parking. Every morning in the parking garage at work I do a "pull through" so that I can get it lined up properly. I get it in the lines neatly maybe one in ten days. Course, I am parking where it says "compact cars only". ;)

Aren Jay
10-04-2007, 10:15 AM

You answered your own question.

OneBADLsE
10-04-2007, 10:25 AM
You park like a hoodlum :P

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e185/offroadkarter/My%20Marauder/P9300001.jpg?t=1191382879

How'd i do?

Leadfoot281
10-04-2007, 03:57 PM
I'm not bragging, but I can parallel park a semi tractor trailer in either direction.

Oh wait a second, I am bragging! :o I had to learn it when I got my class A drivers licence.

BigCars4Ever
10-04-2007, 06:27 PM
Not after 6 hours in a pub downing Guiness.

Aren Jay
10-04-2007, 09:06 PM
If your not used to backing up and parking there is a way to learn to do this.

Find a big empty parking lot.

Drive into the middle of it and put the car in reverse. The back up doing figure eights. You really soon figure out where the car is and how it turns etc... This is what we did in Driver education many many years ago.

How old do you have to be to driver where you live?