PDA

View Full Version : Rotate around Terra Firma

Aren Jay
10-03-2007, 07:38 PM
Why does Mercury rotate around the Sun?

The Sun rotates around the Earth, why doesn't Mercury?

knine
10-04-2007, 01:03 AM
Ouch !! MY BRAIN !! Don't say stuff like that, it hurts my logic circuits. Try this one on for size, there are 500thousand million solar systems in our Milky Way Galaxy. In just one pinpoint view, for 11 days, the Hubble recorded over 10 Thousand Galaxies in one frame of a picture. So Multiply 10 Thousand times 500thousand million, then multiply that number by the whole 360 degree view around us out into space (not just the pinpoint view like the hubble) and tell me we're alone in this universe.

Now how small and insignificant do you feel?

cyclopsram
10-04-2007, 03:28 AM
I feel that he indicated Mercury as in car, not as planet. however, the sun is the center of our little solar system... and both Mercury the planet and our Earth do in fact rotate on their own axes and around the solar center. Now that Pluto is a dog and not a planet any more what can we do... ??

ckadiddle
10-04-2007, 06:32 AM
Everything in my universe revolves around ME.

This message was approved and authorized by kadiddlebabe.

Canadasvt
10-04-2007, 06:55 AM
Why does Mercury rotate around the Sun?

The Sun rotates around the Earth, why doesn't Mercury?

While I'm waiting for the punch line, everyone realizes all of Canada rotates around Toronto?

Breadfan
10-04-2007, 08:21 AM
My Mercury makes the Earth rotate, but only when I get good traction.

Aren Jay
10-04-2007, 10:13 AM
While I'm waiting for the punch line, everyone realizes all of Canada rotates around Toronto?

That is what Hogtown thinks anyway, Cowtown knows better.

Punch Line: I was waiting for the astronmer out there who knows what I'm saying to agree with me...

The fact that the Sun rotates around the Earth is no different than saying the Earth Rotates around the Sun, except that it doesn't.

The rest of the planets, including Mercury rotate around the Sun, not the Earth, that right is reserved only for the Sun.

There I hope you feel better now, except now you know that Mercury does not rotate around us, so it couldn't possibly listen to us.

Dr Caleb
10-04-2007, 10:21 AM
Everything in my universe revolves around ME.

This message was approved and authorized by kadiddlebabe.

Damn! You might want to 'Call Jenny' about that. ;)

larryo340
10-04-2007, 10:33 AM
Is that because Toronto has the Hockey Hall of Fame?

Dr Caleb
10-04-2007, 01:22 PM
Is that because Toronto has the Hockey Hall of Fame?

No, it's because they think they are New York. ;)

ChiTownMaraud3r
10-04-2007, 01:52 PM
Another waste of bandwidth thread...:shake:

cyclopsram
10-04-2007, 02:12 PM
And all the time I thought it was because the water rotated round and round in Toronto when anywhere in the country flushed their toilets...:banana::banana: