PDA

View Full Version : Fusion

de minimus
10-07-2007, 11:25 AM
So, I'm back from a local dealer after helping a car challenged friend buy a 2007 Fusion SEL AWD. All options excepting the nav system.
My impressions?
Great fit & finish.
Paint - he got the dark blue pearl...looks fantastic, especially with the chrome 3 bar grille.
Handling and acceleration - great with the AWD, plenty of pep and it feels sure footed.
My only complaint about this car is it's a bit cramped for my 6'5", 300 lbs, but then again it's not my car....and I have been spoiled by the cavernous interiors of panthers.
This is a helluva a car...if your looking for a car in the mid size class consider the Fusion ( and no, I do not work for Ford). By the way, my friend was thinking of a Toyota or Acura which in $ terms: way, way more for not much if any more than the name IMHO. I had dragged him to the Ford dealer trying to talk him into a Mustang GT.

RCSignals
10-07-2007, 11:51 AM
I'd take a fusion over a Toyota anyday

ncmm
10-07-2007, 02:14 PM
You should see the Sport package on them.

http://www.autoblog.com/photos/2008-ford-fusion-with-sport-package/426099/

Nice things plus a bit better handling. I test drove a SEL with the Sport package yesterday. It even sounds good accelerating! The only thing I didn't care for was the soft brake pedal.

larryo340
10-07-2007, 09:13 PM
I think FORD did right with the Fusion. Looks good, drives good, fit and finish is nice.
Not for me either, but a nice solid car.

ChiTownMaraud3r
10-07-2007, 09:20 PM
That sport one reminds me of an aussie FPV.

Illss
10-07-2007, 09:26 PM
This looks like a fusion or should be called one. My god

ChiTownMaraud3r
10-07-2007, 09:27 PM
Buy this mustang

New camaro wannabe?? :confused:

MACFORD88
10-07-2007, 09:29 PM
I Wounder If Ford Would Come Out W That Mustang In The Picture Illss Is Showing.when Chevy Comes Out W The Camaro Next Year.

SMOKE
10-08-2007, 06:46 AM
I think it's a good sized car and definitely looks sharp in darker colors.

Nice little dual exhaust and I'm glad I wouldn't have to consider the
Merc version (no disrespect, but it's a little busier all around design-
wise...another failed attempt to differentiate the car from the sister
division IMO)....for the AWD.

In a year or so I'll be in a position to replace my DD with a new
car/payment...and I'm looking at an AWD Fusion first...

Jonathan

de minimus
10-08-2007, 09:29 AM
I might add that not only did my buddy knock off a couple of thou from the price, he also got 0% financing for 5 years and they even financed the PST and GST (i.e. 13.5% tax collectively). Of course, if he could have bought in Wash state he'd have spent several thousand less on the purchase price.

ImpalaSlayer
10-08-2007, 09:50 AM
i had one as a rental car last year in reno, not sure what model but it was a pretty nice car. enough room from me.

Aren Jay
10-08-2007, 09:55 AM
I had the same problem with my Subaru. 6'5" 280#'s Used to bounce off the firm roof everytime I hit a speed bump. Now when it was my only car I liked it, but once I had my Marauder, I was amazed at how cramped it was.

Thing is I used to go car shopping in my Subaru. And the other cars were all small comparied to my Subie. 300C with sunroof, had less headroom. Dodge Magnum without sunroof but looking straight out the window I would look at the roof panel above the sunshade. (literally couldn't see out).

Now I didn't really fit in the back seat of my Subie but then I didn't fit in the backseat of the Ford Fivehundred either. As for the fifth useless seat in the Fivehudred, it has a light right above where your head goes. Tall people cannot sit there without having a metal rimmed light to rest their head on. Dumb dumb dumb!!!

I find that Ford Cars look great on the inside. Elegant would be the word. Better than Chevy, which look more elegant on the outside, and better than the Chrysler products that look like minivans on the inside and more sporty outside.

Japanese cars are just plasticy. Thin doors, cloth or leather but surrounded by plastic. Metal looking plastic but still plastic.

If you want to know more search my name out I have a rant thread about how only new car that fit big people, with few exceptions are tiny micro cars, normal cars only fit small people and large cars are now made for medium sized people.

It is almost funny like that Simpsons cartoon with Nelson laughing at the big guy in the little car, only it isn't that it is the only car he could afford, it is the only car he could fit into.

HAHA.

I suppose the law of car buying, not my law, is: de minimis non curat lex.

Raudermaster
10-08-2007, 11:57 AM
I would consider a Fusion once the MM is paid off. The only down side to the Fusion for me, I wish they made a manual version of the 6 cyl instead of the 4 cyl. Be kind of like a SHO.

de minimus
10-08-2007, 12:20 PM
I suppose the law of car buying, not my law, is: de minimis non curat lex.

Exactly. And I'd agree about the Magnum. The only car that I have found recently that "fits" is the Town Car. But no surprise there.

dreydin
10-08-2007, 01:40 PM
the Fusion is so ugly =x