PDA

View Full Version : Wow--Toyota is slipping

larryo340
10-16-2007, 08:05 PM
This comes as no surprise to me as I worked in the service dept of a Toyota dealer for a very long year.

But good news for FORD :party:,

Read it here:
http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/SavingandDebt/Advice/ToyotaIsSlippingConsumerReport sSays.aspx

chrish
10-16-2007, 09:41 PM
Ford gets a bad rap on a lot of things ....ie...droping the MM, Not making a MM rag top,styling of the ford 500,etc.....BUT, I have NEVER RE-peat NEVER have had to walk due to a broken down FORD or have never had any serious warrenty or out of warrenty problems.....FORD is VERY reliable & ROCKS

the price to value ratio of a ford if great as compaired to the competition.6-months ago I purchased a brand new v-6, auto,long bed (although nicely stripped) F-150 pick-up for under 15K. That is a lot of vehicle for the $$. It was cheaper then the ranger I bought new in 1996 4-cyl,5-speed stick . Which I still have with180k miles ,original clutch,& never have done ANYTHING but maintanance & front brakes about 8 times.:burnout:

thank you

RCSignals
10-16-2007, 09:58 PM
Toyota forgot to make their payment to the CR writers.

Seriously though, Toyota has been slipping for years. Typical Toyota owners are in denial and put up with crap from their vehicles and Toyota that they'd scream about to all if their car were a Ford/GM/or Chrysler product

larryo340
10-17-2007, 07:20 AM
Toyota forgot to make their payment to the CR writers.

Seriously though, Toyota has been slipping for years. Typical Toyota owners are in denial and put up with crap from their vehicles and Toyota that they'd scream about to all if their car were a Ford/GM/or Chrysler product

After working in Toyota I can say the above statement it very true.

Plus most of the warranty work done in Toyota, as far as adjustments, checking for noises and other non part replacement issues Toyota does NOT pay the tech time, or dealer for any time spent checking and adjusting. That's ok when salary techs work on cars, but not when incentive guys work on them. It's like those complaints never happened. I think that's how they keep warranty down in the ratings.

MarauderSM
10-18-2007, 01:41 AM
Its only so high you can go before declining. Next their sales will really fall off. Then people will be asking what's wrong with Toyota.