PDA

View Full Version : gran tarisumo 4 car list.

the fat bastid
07-24-2003, 06:24 PM
http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=349336

778 cars...and the 2003 mm is tottaly on it! woot! may have to acutally get this one.

however, i still think it is too jap car-centric.

note how many skylines are pointed out in one of the replys.

dammnit, i wish ea would release a patch to play mco offline...seeing how it has been **** canned and all...

Dr Caleb
07-24-2003, 06:40 PM
Grand Turismo 2 was the reason I bought a PSone.
Grand Turismo 3 was the reason I bought a PS2.

If you want to learn about modding cars - that is the way to do it. It'll teach people about alignment angles, spring rates, angles on wings and front air dams - it's just soooo coool! :cool:

BlackHole
07-24-2003, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by Dr Caleb
Grand Turismo 2 was the reason I bought a PSone.
Grand Turismo 3 was the reason I bought a PS2.

If you want to learn about modding cars - that is the way to do it. It'll teach people about alignment angles, spring rates, angles on wings and front air dams - it's just soooo coool! :cool:

With one problem it flys in the face of Physics. But its still good Entertainment.:D

JET
07-24-2003, 07:45 PM
Fat

You need a girlfriend

the fat bastid
07-24-2003, 07:47 PM
It'll teach people about...

it can unlearn people too...i swear to god i heard some kit say he was gonna buy a stage 1 lightening upgrade kit...funny, i thought you could only lighten by taking out...

TAF
07-24-2003, 07:47 PM
Help me out here fellows...this is a list of....?:confused:

the fat bastid
07-24-2003, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by marauder2306
Fat

You need a girlfriend

i traded my girl in for the marauder... now i have more money, more fun, and a sweet car.

get my message i just left?

taf: a list of cars in a upcoming video game. the gran turismo series is pretty popular.

TAF
07-24-2003, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by the fat bastid
taf: a list of cars in a upcoming video game. the gran turismo series is pretty popular.

O.K. got it...sorry so stupid. Hey, I'd pay for a video game that had a Marauder in it...is this one of those X-box things or is it PC based that I can buy and run on the computer....

Man with this game and this site...I'm sure to be jobless and divorced :alone:

BlackHole
07-24-2003, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by TAF
O.K. got it...sorry so stupid. Hey, I'd pay for a video game that had a Marauder in it...is this one of those X-box things or is it PC based that I can buy and run on the computer....

Man with this game and this site...I'm sure to be jobless and divorced :alone:

Its PS2 or Play Station 2 only Polyphony is the makers of it

Well also feature the 00 F150 Lightning
MKII GT40 427 powered
New 04 GT
03 Mustang SVT Cobra
Mach 1 70
66 GT350 Shelby
68 GT500 Shelby
65 427 Cobra

and a few other Blue Oval powered monsters.

TripleTransAm
07-24-2003, 08:18 PM
Question: is the Marauder in GT4 supercharged? And if so, who supplied it? :flamer:

:lol:

(and just HOW does Dennis 'chip' a Playstation? :D )

Dr Caleb
07-25-2003, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by TripleTransAm
Question: is the Marauder in GT4 supercharged? And if so, who supplied it? :flamer:

:lol:

(and just HOW does Dennis 'chip' a Playstation? :D )

Overclock, water cooled, and change the power supply to 220 volt version. :lol:

Taf: The idea of the Gran Turismo series: You start with say, $50,000. You buy a car. Ethier a cheap car, like a $30,000 Honda + $20,000 in mods, or a $49,000 BMW + $1,000 in mods. There are many cars to choose from.

Then you race it. You 'tune' it to keep winning, and the prizes get bigger and bigger, but the competition gets better and better. You take the money, put it back into the car, or buy other cars. Sometimes if you win all the races in a series, you win a better car (usually the car you had to beat to win the series).

Then you can ethier sell the new car, put the money into the old car, or sell the old one and start upgrading the new. Or use prize money, and keep both cars. And the cycle continues.

After a while, you wind up with some incredible cars, and lots of $$ to have fun with. You can also 'trade' cars with other people. The only thing missing from my collection right now is a Ford GT40. I've got things like Mercedes Touring cars, F-1 cars, Classic and Z06 Corvettes...0ver 100 cars to date!

It's quite a bit of fun in the winter, or on a rainy day.

Fourth Horseman
07-25-2003, 10:32 AM
I hadn't dared to hope, but this is good news. Love this series of games.

Constable
07-25-2003, 01:37 PM
GT1 & GT2 were the reason i bought the original Playstation. Now I own an XBOX. I have Sega GT 2002 (good game, but not entirely realistic). I just can't stand how a Mustang GT sounds the same as a 3000 GT. I want to get a game that correctly mimics the actually throaty, raspy V8 sound. Has anyone gotten the Starsky & Hutch video game that just came out?? I wonder how the Gran Torino sounds? Also, how is the latest edition of Test Drive?

Long Live #3
07-25-2003, 08:38 PM
Now I have another reason to the store! BTW, when is it comming out?

metroplex
07-27-2003, 04:52 AM
I heard it's also got the Crown Vics. Just what we need, 16 second cars in the game :flamer: Oh wait, I forgot about the hundreds of ricer-wannabes with 60 hp :P

In GT2 as soon as I bought the Escudo Pikes Peak edition, all the other cars sucked in the game - including the Toyota GTone racing edition (the one you win by getting all gold for the Super License) - I just couldn't run any of the other races cause those cars felt like molasses.

The game is really unrealistic in most respects. I didn't like how they modeled the physics.
And I'm not sure about GT3 but in GT3 no superchargers were available. You'd only get turbos for 4-bangers or V6s/I6s and no blowers for V8s or V12s.

Now Grand Theft Auto 3's car handling physics is arcadish but FUN FUN FUN!!! I have a Viper/Banshee that's AWD with a lot more hp and a super high top speed. I gave the FBI and Cop cars similar upgrades so they give you a nice chase. :)

Fourth Horseman
07-28-2003, 10:05 AM
Yes, this is a complaint I have with GT3, as well. You can turbo the four banger Japanese cars up the whazoo, but if you want to do anything to an American V8? Forget it. I really wish this game was made by an American company.

LincMercLover
07-28-2003, 01:30 PM
LOL! Never thought I'd see the day when grown men (well... some of 'em) complain about a Playstation game! LMAO! :lol:

metroplex
07-28-2003, 01:57 PM
You get like Stage 4 turbos and Racing Intercooler upgrades on almost any Ricer mobile... but for nice cars like a GTS, Vector, Cobra, etc... all you can do is do some bolt-ons and N/A tune-ups. No displacement changes or blowers :mad:

I was pissed at GT2 and didn't bother with GT3 for PS2. I hope GT4 is much better.

Fourth Horseman
07-28-2003, 10:37 PM
Hey, it doesn't mean the games still aren't a helluva lot of fun. :) In GT3 I've got my Mustang Cobra R (red) and my Camaro SS (black) both upgraded to the point that I win against everything but the dedicated race cars.

The physics are a bit dodgy, but it's still leagues ahead of other racing games I play.

metroplex
07-29-2003, 03:21 AM
Ever play rallisport challenge? :)

prchrman
07-29-2003, 03:26 AM
I don't play games...I quit school because they had recess...

metroplex
07-29-2003, 04:29 AM
I know a few ppl that keep saying that - but when it comes down to it, everything in life IS a game.

There are ppl devoted to game theory and the insane amount of math behind it.

Everything is a game. You just have to figure out how to play it.

The only difference between the life game and a video game is that you rarely (if ever) get a chance to Continue or Reset the game. No saving either. No strategy guides, cheat codes, Gameshark codes, or trainers either. Also everyone has a different version of the game.