PDA

View Full Version : Can I borrow 2 million 5 hundred thousand?

CBT
10-23-2007, 12:26 PM
Check this out on e-bay.

Blackened300a
10-23-2007, 12:32 PM
Its kinda strange that someone would have that much money to spend on that.

CBT
10-23-2007, 12:44 PM
Its kinda strange that someone would have that much money to spend on that.

Rediculous. I wouldn't actually buy it tho, I can't stand that clown.

Leadfoot281
10-23-2007, 01:36 PM
Rediculous. I wouldn't actually buy it tho, I can't stand that clown.

That "clown" donated every dime of the money raised to The Marine Corps Law Enforcement Foundation. He also MATCHED it 100% out of his own pocket. That's a tidy $4,200,200.00 gift to a great charity.

In this context, it's easy for me to see why the bidding got that high.

For more info on this charity check; http://www.mc-lef.org

Besides being a very generous gift to a great charity, it's funny as heck! It's especially great when you read the transcripts from his show side by side with the letter.

You'd think that when this nation is waist deep in homeless people from coast to coast, senior citizens are having to choose between paying the cable bill and getting their meds, and the 42,000 people killed in car accidents last year, our government took the time to write up this letter.

What a waste of time and paper that was! (at least until Rush turned it into a huge GIFT to a GREAT charity!).

Harry Reid would have a much easier time convincing me that Paris Hilton is an 8 year old Amish boy than to make me believe Rush is anti-troop/anti-soldier.

Aren Jay
10-23-2007, 07:01 PM
Oh without looking I think I know what this is.

Your talking about Glenn Becks hero the fat now skinny clown.

CBT
10-23-2007, 07:43 PM
That "clown" donated every dime of the money raised to The Marine Corps Law Enforcement Foundation. He also MATCHED it 100% out of his own pocket. That's a tidy $4,200,200.00 gift to a great charity.

In this context, it's easy for me to see why the bidding got that high.

For more info on this charity check; http://www.mc-lef.org

Besides being a very generous gift to a great charity, it's funny as heck! It's especially great when you read the transcripts from his show side by side with the letter.

You'd think that when this nation is waist deep in homeless people from coast to coast, senior citizens are having to choose between paying the cable bill and getting their meds, and the 42,000 people killed in car accidents last year, our government took the time to write up this letter.

What a waste of time and paper that was! (at least until Rush turned it into a huge GIFT to a GREAT charity!).

Harry Reid would have a much easier time convincing me that Paris Hilton is an 8 year old Amish boy than to make me believe Rush is anti-troop/anti-soldier.

I wasn't bashing his charity, just him. I think it's great he donated all that money, it's less he can spend on drugs.

OneBADLsE
10-23-2007, 07:43 PM
Great man.

Mega dittos :)

OneBADLsE
10-23-2007, 07:44 PM

OneBADLsE
10-23-2007, 07:45 PM
Oh without looking I think I know what this is.

Your talking about Glenn Becks hero the fat now skinny clown.

I wasn't bashing his charity, just him. I think it's great he donated all that money, it's less he can spend on drugs.

Typical - Childlike emotionalism applied to an adult conversation.

Taemian
10-23-2007, 08:03 PM
What a great charity. I'm doing the 10 mile Marine Corps Run in Bend, Oregon on Veteran's Day, and the entry fees go to the VA hospital. You don't need 2 million dollars to make a difference, we can all do our part to support these people.

.....and I'm a Canadian!!:)

knine
10-23-2007, 09:17 PM
who is bettyc588 and why can't she afford to have a lower number than 588?

Leadfoot281
10-23-2007, 10:39 PM

Hey, bash all you want! I love freedom of speech! (unlike the senate Democrats). :rolleyes:

Rush was bashing on a couple idiots that claimed to be high ranking war hero's when they hadn't even gotten through basic training. Look what that "bashing" got him.

Like I said, bash all you want, just please be careful! The senate Democrats might stop what they're doing (in the middle of a war no less!) and send you a nasty letter! You don't want that, do you?

CBT
10-24-2007, 03:51 AM
Hey, bash all you want! I love freedom of speech! (unlike the senate Democrats). :rolleyes:

Rush was bashing on a couple idiots that claimed to be high ranking war hero's when they hadn't even gotten through basic training. Look what that "bashing" got him.

Like I said, bash all you want, just please be careful! The senate Democrats might stop what they're doing (in the middle of a war no less!) and send you a nasty letter! You don't want that, do you?

No, I get plenty of nasty 'letters' here for what I say. As for donating to charity, I wish I had 2 mil to flip towards charity but I don't so I do volunteer work at the VA hospital here in Hampton. Bingo night is the worst, people so far gone they can't even grasp the concept of it. It makes you appreciate life when you walk out. Hell it makes you appreciate walking when you walk out. Well I better quit typing before someone calls me a child again and hurts my feelings.;)

CBT
10-24-2007, 03:52 AM
who is bettyc588 and why can't she afford to have a lower number than 588?
I'm trying to make serious childlike emotional conversation here and you are RUINING IT!!!:P

knine
10-24-2007, 10:34 AM
sorry betty c.

Leadfoot281
10-24-2007, 08:22 PM
I'm trying to make serious childlike emotional conversation here and you are RUINING IT!!!:P

Lol! Seriously though, I just wanted to point out that this money did go to a charity. I've got no beefs with anyone here. :)

Also, I think anyone, left wing or right, can agree that our government shouldn't be in the business of sending "we don't like your opinion" letters to peoples bosses. It makes them look really, really, bored IMO.

:beer:

Todd
10-25-2007, 11:55 AM
Lol! Seriously though, I just wanted to point out that this money did go to a charity. I've got no beefs with anyone here. :)

Also, I think anyone, left wing or right, can agree that our government shouldn't be in the business of sending "we don't like your opinion" letters to peoples bosses. It makes them look really, really, bored IMO.

:beer:

:stupid:
Amen.....

midnyht
10-26-2007, 05:17 PM
Yes, yes yes. Everybody wants everybody else to shut up if they have a different view then they do.
Free Speech only applys to what I wanna say. You Shut up!!
Wouldn't mind having one o them Haliburton Titanium cases tho.

Aren Jay
10-27-2007, 07:26 PM
I have to admit it might be worth something later on. It was signed by all those democrats and is well known. It is going to be worth a small fortune in 20, 30, 50, 100 years.

Mind you for that price I could get myself a personal submarine yatch. US Submarines, will make you a yatch that will never sink, unless you want it too.