PDA

View Full Version : Plate around Heat and A/C Controls

OldFashRed
10-29-2007, 02:48 PM
Obviously, the previous owner of my 2004 Silver MM had long fingernails as she has scuffed up the small cover that surrounds the heating and ac controls.....
---any ideas on how to replace that small plastic panel or re-paint, etc.?

CROWNMARAUDER
10-29-2007, 05:41 PM
If you are talking about the piece that surrounds the a/c controls that is all one big piece that includes the silver/dot matrix panel & runs from right of the steering wheel all the way to the right side of the dash. It is $140 new at the dealer or you might be able to use some interior plastic paint and just respray that area. The piece can be pulled off without using any tools. It just snaps in place. The best way to remove it is to pull it free from the right side of the dash & work your way toward the steering wheel. You will need to disconnect the rear defroster switch plug after you pop the panel loose. I just replaced mine & it is pretty easy to remove.

chucky
04-15-2008, 07:41 AM
i have the same trouble around the hvac control panel and also on the small strip under the silver trim but they look like individual pieces. I know ford had a paint this color.

ImpalaSlayer
04-15-2008, 10:22 AM
are you sure they are one piece? i thought i remeber them being 2 pieces when ctrlraven installed my headunit. i could be wrong