PDA

View Full Version : wrong transmission pan

burt ragio
11-01-2007, 06:36 PM
So I had my new go fast parts and a few extra hours. I thought I could change out the oem trans pan add a few qts. of new Mobil syn fluid and be done. Well I found that the TCI trans pan P/N 438000 they said fit a 4r75w didn't. I'am out one hour time a few qts. of expensive fluid and eleven dollars to ship back .What a pain.:shake:

FordNut
11-01-2007, 07:18 PM
Did it not fit or did it have an extra hole? Some multiple-application replacement pans have an extra hole and a pipe plug included to block off the hole if it's not used.

burt ragio
11-01-2007, 07:45 PM
Now that you mention it the TCI pan did have an extra hole and a small allen screw/plug. But at one cornner of the pan it did cover were it mated the transmission but barely. I don't want any leaks and and not a generic pan.

Marauderjack
11-02-2007, 03:14 AM
Get the Econoline pan and "fagedaboudit"!!!:beer::bows:

About $80.00 but not flashy with fins....just functional with drain plug!!!:D

Marauderjack:burnout:

jimlam56
11-02-2007, 03:19 AM

The best choice, unless you spend a lot of time looking under your car!

RF Overlord
11-02-2007, 05:00 AM
^^^what jack and jim said^^^

gmtech
11-02-2007, 05:06 AM

thats what i got too;)

Krytin
11-02-2007, 09:39 AM
The B&M cast aluminium pan works great - 3 extra qts. You just have to plug the unused hole - no leaks in 30k miles and two changes.

Dennis Reinhart
11-02-2007, 01:45 PM
So I had my new go fast parts and a few extra hours. I thought I could change out the oem trans pan add a few qts. of new Mobil syn fluid and be done. Well I found that the TCI trans pan P/N 438000 they said fit a 4r75w didn't. I'am out one hour time a few qts. of expensive fluid and eleven dollars to ship back .What a pain.:shake:

I have three in stock

GrazniM
11-04-2007, 09:54 PM

That pan is an interchangable AOD / AODE (hence the "extra" hole for the different bolt position on AOD trannys). If you want to stay TCI they make a awesome pan (in their premium line) for AODE trannys, part number 438010 BUT you need to cut away three rail reinforcements that interfere with the Marauders chassis cross-member and you need to switch to the FT-100 filter (OEM is FT-105). This pan only holds an extra 1.5 quarts, but has internal and external reinforcement and cooling ribs and is very low profile at 4" (the same as OEM with fluid pick-up well).