PDA

View Full Version : How stupid is this?

my_rodder
11-02-2007, 04:24 PM
A guy I work with (not me, Really) has not gotten tags for his plates(car) in 3 years. I think he has been stealing tags from somewhere. Anyway he got pulled over last night.The tags on his car when the pulled him over had the numbers cut off,so they looked real. My questions is why is he not in jail? They impounded the car. Whar kind of tickets is he facing? Can anyone be so stuid to think that he would not get pulled over. I was just thinking maybe a LEO could help. I know a few cops in town and could ask, but I dont want to put them on the spot. Thanks in advance. :confused:

MACFORD88
11-02-2007, 05:32 PM
Well He Got Away W/it For 3 Years.

my_rodder
11-02-2007, 05:42 PM
It is 2003 ford taurus. What would plates cost for that 100 per year. Thats like 300. I think this is going to cost more than that. Also think that he's looking at theft charges for the stickers. I also think he will lose his job. What would happen if this guy wrecked his car, or hit you.

MACFORD88
11-02-2007, 05:50 PM
Ill Kick His Ass.lol But That Is True 300 Ayear Is Cheap.now He Has To Pay Impound Fees.

Bigdogjim
11-02-2007, 07:12 PM
You do not say what State your in?

New Jersey would impound the car.

Jersey would also take his license for a year+ some money from his wallet:)

my_rodder
11-03-2007, 06:22 AM
I am in Iowa. He thinks he'll have the car back by monday. I dont know where he will get the money, he is always broke. Maybe he(45) will ask his parents(fixed income) What a jerk. This guy needs one knocked into him.

BAD MERC
11-03-2007, 10:55 AM
Ill Kick His Ass.lol But That Is True 300 Ayear Is Cheap.now He Has To Pay Impound Fees.
To get a vehicle from inpound, you must have photo ID and proof of ownership. That means you HAVE to register and tag the vehicle. If you buy a vehicle and do not register it - the previous owner is still legally responsible and can have the vehicle back if it is impounded.

my_rodder
11-03-2007, 01:38 PM
Thanks guys. I guess I just needed to say how stupid this guy is. (I cant talk about it at work) I cant give all the details just in case. But, this guy is STUPID. trust me.

teamrope
11-03-2007, 01:45 PM
I bet he has the best insurance money can't buy. :rolleyes:

SID210SA
11-03-2007, 02:12 PM
We here in Texas used to have the stickers on our plates but so many were getting stolen. They make them the size of a credit card now and it is now affixed to the inside of your windshield and it even has your plate number on the stickers.

jgc61sr2002
11-03-2007, 03:21 PM
We here in Texas used to have the stickers on our plates but so many were getting stolen. They make them the size of a credit card now and it is now affixed to the inside of your windshield and it even has your plate number on the stickers.

New York has had that for years. The sticker also has the YOM and the vin on it.

ChiTownMaraud3r
11-03-2007, 03:40 PM
We here in Texas used to have the stickers on our plates but so many were getting stolen.

Thats when you take a knife, and cut up the stickers in a grid-like pattern, steal that suckas.
:flamer:

my_rodder
11-03-2007, 04:09 PM
My info says that he took them before they were on the car. In Iowa if you try and pull them off they break apart.

SHERIFF
11-03-2007, 04:25 PM
My info says that he took them before they were on the car. In Iowa if you try and pull them off they break apart.

Not true. Lay the license plate in the direct sunlight for a few hours. Let it get toasty warm or hotter. The decals will come right off by peeling them slowly and carefully with a single edge razor blade. :D

In most states what he did is nothing more than improper registration. And the police probably have a hold on his car until he can prove he now has it registered legally.

SHERIFF
11-03-2007, 04:29 PM
If you buy a vehicle and do not register it - the previous owner is still legally responsible and can have the vehicle back if it is impounded.

Remind me to never move to YOUR state. I have a brand new Crown Victoria sitting in my driveway that hasn't been registered in Virginia yet. I would hate to think the dealership in North Carolina can come and take it back. :D

Aren Jay
11-03-2007, 06:55 PM
what is a tag?

my_rodder
11-03-2007, 08:08 PM
When you pay for your cars registration each year they give you a sticker to put on you plates. We call those tags.

Dr Caleb
11-05-2007, 10:59 AM
what is a tag?

Like the little 'month' and 'year' stickers we have in the corners of our plates you get when you renew the plates.

RCSignals
11-05-2007, 02:13 PM
Down here they refer to the plates and the stickers as 'tags'

my_rodder
11-05-2007, 04:53 PM
It's gonna cost him like $2000. He's just lucky he was not drinking. He is calling his mom and dad for the money. I just hope he wont ask me for a ride. Yuck :puke:

ctrcbob
11-08-2007, 05:52 PM
Here in Florida, the whole License Plate is called "the Tag".

When you pricing a car, the dealers advertise the price, plus T,T,T which means Tax, Tag, Title.

Joe Walsh
11-08-2007, 06:01 PM
Too bad the LEO didn't give that idiot a 'wood shampoo'....:bop:

my_rodder
11-08-2007, 06:11 PM
He got his car back. $1200 in fines. Thats it nothing more. Thanks for listening!:)

seans
11-09-2007, 06:57 AM
It is 2003 ford taurus. What would plates cost for that 100 per year. Thats like 300. I think this is going to cost more than that. Also think that he's looking at theft charges for the stickers. I also think he will lose his job. What would happen if this guy wrecked his car, or hit you.

Don't forget that he probably hasn't had to pay taxes on the car and he probably didn't have insurance either. So he's saved some money. Crime does pay in some cases.