PDA

View Full Version : Rent this movie tonight!

Motorhead350
11-04-2007, 10:43 PM
I was in BlockBuster a few weeks ago and I saw a poser that I could have sworn was from a horror b-movie from the 60s or 70s... I was wrong. The Movie is called Death Proof. I know most of us on here enjoy a good car movie that has real chases and no computer special effects b.s. This was filmed in 2007 and the graphics look like it was made in the 70s or before in the begining. Like older movies it has a lotta dialogue and no one in my generation has the attention spand to watch people talk for 10 minutes at a time or more, so sharing this film with others will be limited because there isn't explosions or bare brests every ten seconds.

The movie also pokes fun at modern films being remakes and how nothing is real anymore.... maybe that's why I became so fond of this flick, also the use of 45s records too. The movie is about a guy who is a stunt driver who goes around killing people with his stunt car thats built to run through walls and other cars. If you don't know of this movie check it out now! If you don't like horror movies (I don't either) you can still handle it, but watch out for the gore in the first car wreck.

Has anyone seen this movie?

whoskal
11-04-2007, 11:00 PM
It was a double feature called Grind House... the other movie that goes with it is called Planet Terror........Quentin Tarantino made one and Robert Rodriguez made the other...I saw them as the double feature in the theater

Motorhead350
11-04-2007, 11:55 PM
What did you think of Death Proof?

whoskal
11-05-2007, 09:06 AM
What did you think of Death Proof?

Pretty good flick....although I liked Planet Terror better, but I am a sucker for cheap horror movies

chico4554
11-07-2007, 08:56 PM
yea i saw that in the theater too. Both flicks were pretty good. Nice charger and nova in death proof. What did the chicks buy? a cuda? i forget.

Blackened300a
11-08-2007, 03:50 AM
yea i saw that in the theater too. Both flicks were pretty good. Nice charger and nova in death proof. What did the chicks buy? a cuda? i forget.

They bought a white cuda. The talking parts with the girls were annoying after a short while so I just fast forwarded to the action scenes.
In the movie theater this was a call back to the 70's by offering it as a double feature with wacky commercials in between the two movies.

Motorhead350
11-08-2007, 10:58 AM
They bought a white cuda.

Correction, it was a test drive and what a test drive! :D

Marylandrauder
11-08-2007, 02:31 PM
Rent : "I Spit On Your Grave" from the early 80's-you will never forget a thing from this movie!!!:censor:

SMOKE
11-08-2007, 03:09 PM
Rented it a couple weeks ago....really GREAT!!

Love the line..."It's better than safe. It's death proof." (at least within the context of the scene anyway...)

JWM

Motorhead350
11-09-2007, 12:07 PM
:up:Someone is a major fan of Die Hard. :up:

FastMerc
11-09-2007, 04:56 PM
yea i saw that in the theater too. Both flicks were pretty good. Nice charger and nova in death proof. What did the chicks buy? a cuda? i forget. Actually remember the movie vanishing point White Hemi Challenger RT. The chicks actually drove a 440 challanger in Deathproof! :cool4:

whoskal
11-09-2007, 05:45 PM
Actually remember the movie vanishing point White Hemi Challenger RT. The chicks actually drove a 440 challanger in Deathproof! :cool4:

thank you!