PDA

View Full Version : Bought another Mercury Today

MarauderTJA
11-08-2007, 04:44 PM
I bought an 08 Mercury Milan today. Loaded and what a nice car. Plenty of power, extremely comfortable, quiet, HID headlights, 6 speed automatic, Premier car with all the goodies. And good city/highway mileage (18-28 mpg). Was looking at a Marina and Mountaineer, but after going on the highway with it, it was OK but not good enough for the amount of highway driving I do. So after taking a new V6 Milan out for a 30 minute test drive I bought it. Traded in my 03 SVT focus and they gave me good money for it. Will be taking my new Milan on a trip to Alabama next week. Sticking with the Mercury's, Mercury Marauder and Mercury Milan, kinda cool:D. Gotta support Ford all we can.

Raudermaster
11-08-2007, 04:48 PM
Nice Tom! I like the look of the Fusion better, but the Milan would be next in line. Get a good price on it? Mercury/Lincoln have been getting really good reviews lately too.

RoyLPita
11-08-2007, 04:53 PM
Were you able to get Xplan?

KillJoy
11-08-2007, 05:01 PM
Congrats!

:beer:

KillJoy

Peter
11-08-2007, 05:10 PM
Congrats!

Wish we can still get Mercurys here.....

JamesHecker
11-08-2007, 05:25 PM
Just had a Milan for a week as a loaner while the Marauder was in the shop.
Very nice car. I was averaging 25mpg, and when I drove like an old lady to see what kind of mileage I could squeeze out of it I got 29mpg! That's better than twice what I get in the Marauder!

With all the problems I have been having with my Marauder lately, the Milan had me thinking...for a moment :)

We just bought a Mariner a couple of months ago and it was in the shop this past week too. The tranny failed at 3,300 miles!

Bluerauder
11-08-2007, 05:30 PM
I bought an 08 Mercury Milan today. Loaded and what a nice car. Plenty of power, extremely comfortable, quiet, HID headlights, 6 speed automatic, Premier car with all the goodies.
My son (SOB) and his new wife picked up an '06 Mercury Milan Premier (silver)about 8 months ago. They like it alot.

ctrcbob
11-08-2007, 05:35 PM
Nice car. Make sure you read everything in the owners manual. Mostly, read the information on transmission fluid, as the Fusion-Milan-Zephyr/MKZ (as well as the former FiveHundred and Montego) use the AisinWarner F21 (AWF21) Transmission which does not use Mercon or Mercon-V Fluid. It uses Motorcraft Premium Automatic Transmission Fluid, Part Number XT-8-QAW and meets Spec WSS-M2C924-A. May be easier to find it at Toyota Dealers, sold as Toyota T-IV Fluid. Also sold as Mobil-ATF3309 but hard to find. Toyota is the majority owner of AisinWarner.

This is NOT the same 6-speed transmission that is used in the 2006 Taurus, or Edge/MKX as that 6-speed is the 6F transmission used by both Ford and General Motors and that one uses Mercon-V.

Use the wrong fluid, you blow the transmission.

FordNut
11-08-2007, 05:44 PM
I've heard good reports on the Milan. The Marauder isn't really a daily driver any more is it?

Cobra25
11-08-2007, 06:20 PM
Congrats Tom, I was at the Lincoln Mercury Dealer for about 2 hours the other day with my Marauder and I sat in one of those in the show room. A very nice and roomie car.

MarauderTJA
11-09-2007, 05:38 AM
Nice Tom! I like the look of the Fusion better, but the Milan would be next in line. Get a good price on it? Mercury/Lincoln have been getting really good reviews lately too.

Got a owner loyalty card in the mail for $500. plus $1500 in incentives and 1.9% financing. I like the fusion too, but the Milan is a bit nicer and its a Mercury:up:.

MarauderTJA
11-09-2007, 05:40 AM
Nice car. Make sure you read everything in the owners manual. Mostly, read the information on transmission fluid, as the Fusion-Milan-Zephyr/MKZ (as well as the former FiveHundred and Montego) use the AisinWarner F21 (AWF21) Transmission which does not use Mercon or Mercon-V Fluid. It uses Motorcraft Premium Automatic Transmission Fluid, Part Number XT-8-QAW and meets Spec WSS-M2C924-A. May be easier to find it at Toyota Dealers, sold as Toyota T-IV Fluid. Also sold as Mobil-ATF3309 but hard to find. Toyota is the majority owner of AisinWarner.

This is NOT the same 6-speed transmission that is used in the 2006 Taurus, or Edge/MKX as that 6-speed is the 6F transmission used by both Ford and General Motors and that one uses Mercon-V.

Use the wrong fluid, you blow the transmission.

Thanks for the info....tranny does shift real smooth....

MarauderTJA
11-09-2007, 05:45 AM
I've heard good reports on the Milan. The Marauder isn't really a daily driver any more is it?

Actually it is (well not right now until I get the engine squared away). Like the SVT Focus I traded in, it will be my highway-trip car. It stays in the garage until I go on the road for my business. I will take my first road trip with it next week to Birmingham, AL for a couple of days and then home. Then home a week and off to New Orleans for two weeks. When I am home I drive the Marauder every day, unless I ride the Harley, which during this time a year, I ride it a lot....Have to take care of the beautiful Florida weather all fall and winter here.

SMOKE
11-09-2007, 09:30 AM
Congrats TJA....

Did you use the x-plan? If so, did you still get the incentives?

I will be looking to sit down with a Ford dealer in the next couple weeks and hammer out the numbers on an '08 Fusion SEL AWD. You can load these things up and they really don't break the bank!

Just curious to see if x-plan was something your dealer worked with or upset the deal...

Best,

fastblackmerc
11-09-2007, 09:39 AM
Congrats TJA....

I will be looking to sit down with a Ford dealer in the next couple weeks and hammer out the numbers on an '08 Fusion SEL AWD. You can load these things up and they really don't break the bank!

Just curious to see if x-plan was something your dealer worked with or upset the deal...

Best,
I don't think the dealer has any option to work with the X-Plan or not... I've never heard of a dealer refusing to give an X-Plan price.

MarauderTJA
11-09-2007, 09:44 AM
Congrats TJA....

Best,

No I did not use the x-plan. Our local dealer had some great incentives going on because they sold the franchise to a Ford dealer here, so I think I made out with a better deal anyway.I was very happy and also got a 1.9% interest rate..

SMOKE
11-09-2007, 09:59 AM
Thanks...

Yes, your rate is good. I will be leasing (company is buying the car for me!) and with the current rates and incentives (combo'd with the "x" possibly) I'll do just fine. Residual on these cars isn't too awful either which helps.

Happy motoring!

JWM

tbore007
11-09-2007, 12:08 PM
Congrats on your purchase.I am also a dewl mercury owner also. I have the Marauder of couse, and wife has a Montigo...:beer:

blackonblack
11-10-2007, 10:54 PM
I don't see the HID lights advertised on the Mercury website:confused:, any way nice buy.

Aren Jay
11-10-2007, 11:07 PM
Congrats!

Wish we can still get Mercurys here.....

You can, they call them Fords but they have all the Mercury Logo's and emblems and don't say Ford anywhere, like the Grand Marquis. Not sure if you an get any other Mercury though.

Peter
11-10-2007, 11:34 PM
You can, they call them Fords but they have all the Mercury Logo's and emblems and don't say Ford anywhere, like the Grand Marquis. Not sure if you an get any other Mercury though.

I'm aware of that, I'm interested in the all new Sable....Test drove one in the US...