PDA

View Full Version : Should Ford Motor Co. bring back a legend?

KLinardo
11-09-2007, 09:22 PM
Should Ford aim for the old days or try for the new eco friendly look?

RCSignals
11-09-2007, 09:25 PM
what is the eco friendly 'look' ?

KLinardo
11-09-2007, 09:27 PM
what is the eco friendly 'look' ?

robbing hp and generally going more jap then american

Raudermaster
11-09-2007, 09:29 PM
If you mean do what Dodge did with the Charger, then hell no. They royally *****ed that car up for good. I think anniversary cars would be cool. I like how they did the Bullitt again. I'm not sure what else they could bring back though that would be "in" these days?

Illss
11-09-2007, 09:50 PM
Bring back a new version PINTO.

SC Cheesehead
11-09-2007, 10:00 PM
If you mean do what Dodge did with the Charger, then hell no. They royally *****ed that car up for good. I think anniversary cars would be cool. I like how they did the Bullitt again. I'm not sure what else they could bring back though that would be "in" these days?

Yeah, I know what you mean about the Charger, but the proto Challenger is a sweet looking car.

I like the retro look of the new Mustang, and the Bullitt is slick, as are the Shelby cars.

If Ford decides to move ahead with the Interceptor, would love to see a Merc version, i.e. 4th generation Marauder.

SCCH

rvaldez1
11-09-2007, 10:06 PM

HELL NO! Hybrid cars are SUPER fast. Electric Motors are superior than combustion in alot of respects, and with the battery technology that gets better and better, expect to see this be common within 10 years. As far a going japanese in terms of styling, I have to disagree again, look at the escape hybrid...looks like an escape to me.

hot-rauder
11-09-2007, 10:53 PM
HELL NO! Hybrid cars are SUPER fast. Electric Motors are superior than combustion in alot of respects, and with the battery technology that gets better and better, expect to see this be common within 10 years. As far a going japanese in terms of styling, I have to disagree again, look at the escape hybrid...looks like an escape to me.
there is no replacement for displacement

DWSTANG67
11-09-2007, 11:16 PM
I would like to see them build that ford intercepter concept i was checking out this year at carlise. Its planned for 2010 if they build it

http://media.ford.com/newsroom/feature_display.cfm?release=24 476

Marauder386
11-09-2007, 11:21 PM
I tried to scare up links to the threads ... dih dih-dih on me...

Unfortuneatley, FOMOCO isnt going to do the Interceptor and a bunch of us got really pissed off about them teasing us with it...

:cool:

KLinardo
11-10-2007, 05:52 AM
I would like to see them build that ford intercepter concept i was checking out this year at carlise. Its planned for 2010 if they build it

http://media.ford.com/newsroom/feature_display.cfm?release=24 476

Well thats one car that stands out and it runs on those new ethenol mixes.
I never would think that a hybrid could put out 400hp.
I thought those high hp days ended in the early to mid 70s

Raudermaster
11-10-2007, 06:27 AM
Well thats one car that stands out and it runs on those new ethenol mixes.
I never would think that a hybrid could put out 400hp.
I thought those high hp days ended in the early to mid 70s

Where have you been? We can still get high HP cars, we just have to pay in excess of $50k for them.:shake:

Bluerauder
11-10-2007, 06:29 AM
Yeah, I know what you mean about the Charger, but the proto Challenger is a sweet looking car. SCCH

Yep, I am seriously considering the Challenger. Will keep the MM; but want to see how the production Challenger comes out. It grabbed my attention at the Washington Auto Show in January 2006.

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/1/8/9/1/WAS6.jpg

Raudermaster
11-10-2007, 06:33 AM
They brought the Challenger back because they obliterated the Charger.

KLinardo
11-10-2007, 07:11 AM
Where have you been? We can still get high HP cars, we just have to pay in excess of $50k for them.:shake:

That is true and I'm not happy about that.:(

Go Mifuni
11-10-2007, 08:07 AM
That is true and I'm not happy about that.:(

There's always this one. The famous "Turbo Interceptor"?
http://www.thewraithcar.com/wraith_scenes.html#nogo
Maybe Charlie Sheen is done with it :lol:

Aren Jay
11-11-2007, 09:49 PM
Just make the cars in India and we could have the 66 Mustang craze all over again.

No need for all the safety features just start making them again, it is India, seatbelts are the last option. Air bags do not exist. 1+ billion people and no labour costs no unions and no medical expenses. Then we ship a few over here and we can all have these specialty cars again.

FastMerc
11-12-2007, 06:19 PM
Give me big american looking cars with breathing V 8s and powerd by ethanol screw OPEC!!!

DeepSea117
11-12-2007, 06:35 PM

"jap"...? Honestly, is spelling out "japanese" too much of an effort?

hot-rauder
11-12-2007, 09:50 PM
itawy (i totally agree with you) :P

keithb123
11-16-2007, 11:44 PM
Ford needs a wider selection of performance base vehicles in the line-up. Everyone don't want a Stang. Why not bring back a performance version Thunderbird to compete against the Vette & Viper (compete in Le Mans or World Circuits)? And/or a Retro F-100 limited edition. A new MM would be nice. Compete in the compact V4 market with Asian Automakers. Another great example: the Lincoln MKR Concept. One of the best luxury car designs I've seen in a while from 1 of the Big 3. Very aggressive looking w/ a huge grille & facile. Needs to be company's flagship w/ Base- 281ci 425HP V8 supercharged & Upgraded- 330ci 500HP V8 supercharged, starting @ $50K+ (no 415HP twin-turbocharged V6- for that type of $$$). Race in LeMans for international recognition. GM does it w/ Caddy STS. Ford needs to take chances and rule the road. Learn to manufacture cars that appeals to generation X & beyond. They are tomorrow's buyers. The conservative designs are cool but its getting boring.

PhastPhil
11-17-2007, 10:31 AM
I would love to see a modern version of the original style Bronco. They did a great concept version of it a few years ago. They should do it in the way Toyota did the FJ Cruiser. All business, and set up for real off road use. If they did it that way, it may not interfere with Explorer sales. Or they could use that styling and make it the next Explorer.

KLinardo
11-17-2007, 08:59 PM

for them yes it is

KLinardo
11-17-2007, 09:00 PM
Ford needs a wider selection of performance base vehicles in the line-up. Everyone don't want a Stang. Why not bring back a performance version Thunderbird to compete against the Vette & Viper (compete in Le Mans or World Circuits)? And/or a Retro F-100 limited edition. A new MM would be nice. Compete in the compact V4 market with Asian Automakers. Another great example: the Lincoln MKR Concept. One of the best luxury car designs I've seen in a while from 1 of the Big 3. Very aggressive looking w/ a huge grille & facile. Needs to be company's flagship w/ Base- 281ci 425HP V8 supercharged & Upgraded- 330ci 500HP V8 supercharged, starting @ $50K+ (no 415HP twin-turbocharged V6- for that type of $$$). Race in LeMans for international recognition. GM does it w/ Caddy STS. Ford needs to take chances and rule the road. Learn to manufacture cars that appeals to generation X & beyond. They are tomorrow's buyers. The conservative designs are cool but its getting boring.

Here's a question....what happened to the Ford GT it WAS the best supercar in america.

KLinardo
11-17-2007, 09:06 PM
What ever happened to the best selling cars that Ford Lincoln and Mercury used to pump out? ex: the Mercury cougar, the tarus[now what was the Ford 500], and how about the Lincoln Mark VII and VIII.

They are all gone.....when they had great runs as poduction models.

It really makes you think....where are the huge V8s and 4 barrel carborators and whatnot.....I'll tell you...gone.:shake:

hot-rauder
11-17-2007, 09:48 PM
Here's a question....what happened to the Ford GT it WAS the best supercar in america.

well for once we cant blame bad marketing... blame badpricing. it was a little overpriced if you ask me. even $20k less would have made a world of difference. it is no longer in production as far as i know. darn shame too because it still makes me want to jump and scream everytime i see one.

I would love to see a modern version of the original style Bronco. They did a great concept version of it a few years ago. They should do it in the way Toyota did the FJ Cruiser. All business, and set up for real off road use. If they did it that way, it may not interfere with Explorer sales. Or they could use that styling and make it the next Explorer.
http://www.supafly.com/Images/Journal/bronco.jpg

but chevy could colunter lol:laugh:
http://www.worth1000.com/entries/256000/256496NSvR_w.jpg

DeepSea117
11-20-2007, 07:30 AM
for them yes it is

So you're saying "jap" is good enough of an effort for you because japanese people are not worth avoiding a derogatory term to describe them. Wow. Are you really that racist?

Go buy American and get yourself a Ford Aspire.

hot-rauder
11-21-2007, 02:18 PM
So you're saying "jap" is good enough of an effort for you because japanese people are not worth avoiding a derogatory term to describe them. Wow. Are you really that racist?

Go buy American and get yourself a Ford Aspire.
he isnt saying that "jap" is sufficient to him, he is saying the original poster must think writing out japanese is too much of an effort.

RR|Suki
11-21-2007, 02:37 PM
he isnt saying that "jap" is sufficient to him, he is saying the original poster must think writing out japanese is too much of an effort.

he is the original poster

BLACKMARAUDER04
11-21-2007, 04:36 PM
They Should Take The Best Of The Mustang Platform And Bring Back A 45th Anniverary Cougar Xr7.

They should also make a Thunderbird Terminator w/ a supercharger.

Lincoln Mark IX with a terminator engine or a 5.0 dohc

Aren Jay
11-21-2007, 09:35 PM
Bring back the Grand Marquis / Marauder with a Hybrid Engine.

Two versions the Economy version with a Hybrid V6
40MPG city, 35MPG Highway.

and the Performance Marauder with Hybrid V8
20MPG City 22MPG Highway
4 - 5 second 0-60
4.10 and optional tune from Lidio or Dennis.

Fuel economy like the Lexus 400H for the Police and Taxis. Marauder Extreme like speed and Power like the Lexus 600H for the need to speed.

Police and Taxis would love to have and keep a car they know and love, With three times the mileage and better performance.

And Us Marauder fans would love a NA Marauder that gets good Mileage and Super charged power.

Leave enough room for adding a Super Charger and it will fly.

Have it use select trac 4 wheel drive on demand.

KLinardo
11-23-2007, 08:50 PM
They Should Take The Best Of The Mustang Platform And Bring Back A 45th Anniverary Cougar Xr7.

They should also make a Thunderbird Terminator w/ a supercharger.

Lincoln Mark IX with a terminator engine or a 5.0 dohc

hell yeah i'll second that:beer:
bring back those bad boys