PDA

View Full Version : Bye Bye Daily Driver

Raudermaster
11-12-2007, 10:07 AM
Sad to say that I blew my Legacy up. It was really stupid too. Before we pulled the engine out, my friend made a boost controller for it, and we left it in when we put the other engine in. Well, it broke, and instead of just pulling it out we left it in since we thought it wouldn't move or cause any problems. Guess again. This morning on the highway, I got on it to merge into traffic, looked down at the boost gauge, and it rocketed to 18 pounds of boost! Before I knew it, heard a LOUD bang. Pulled over to the break down lane, popped the hood and saw a crack in the head case with a bit of the piston showing. My friend is pissed since he searched all over for the car just basically for the engine, but I told him doing an engine swap with him (just us two) was a good learning experience. Then I b*tched at him and told him it was my engine I found and bought and bought the car from you lol. I sold it back to him as is and he's just going to part it out. Oh well, live and learn. I guess it's a good thing my g/f just bought a new car and she's going to give me her old one. 2001 Mitsubishi Mirage. It's no where near as quick as the Legacy was lol.

offroadkarter
11-13-2007, 02:28 PM
Eesh a Mirage? Sell that for something AWD! I would never want to be caught in one of those shaggin wagons

Aren Jay
11-13-2007, 03:20 PM
You could likely trade in the Mitsu for another Subie.

It would make a good down payment on a bugeye WRX wagon.

Or go and get a new 2008 Smart Fortwo.

Base model is dirt cheap at $11,500 US.

Literally half the length of your Marauder.

Raudermaster
11-13-2007, 04:56 PM
I really don't want another payment right now. We'll see. I wish it were a 5 spd though, things even more of a dog with the auto.

CRUZTAKER
11-13-2007, 07:02 PM
Eesh a Mirage? Sell that for something AWD! I would never want to be caught in one of those shaggin wagons

Indeed. A chicks car. :eek:

Rocknthehawk
11-13-2007, 08:31 PM
I really don't want another payment right now. We'll see. I wish it were a 5 spd though, things even more of a dog with the auto.

Who cares! it's a free car! that means less miles and more money for your marauder!

shoot...i wish my girlfriend would give me a free car...haha

Raudermaster
11-13-2007, 09:46 PM
Indeed. A chicks car. :eek:

Yea yea yea. :rolleyes: Maybe I should get a bumper sticker made to say, "My other car is a Marauder."

Raudermaster
11-13-2007, 09:47 PM
Maybe I'll trade it for an SVT Contour.

Aren Jay
11-13-2007, 09:56 PM
Trade it in for one of these, must be one of them nearby you.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/searchresults.jsp?num_records= 25&search_lang=en&page_location=findacar%3A%3Ais psearchform&search_type=both&distance=0&address=90210&marketZipError=false&style_flag=1&make=FORD&model=MUST&make2=&start_year=1986&end_year=1986&min_price=&max_price=&transmission=&engine=&drive=&doors=&fuel=&max_mileage=&color=&keywords_display=&sort_type=priceDESC&body_code=0&certified=&advanced=&default_sort=priceDESC&awsp=false&keywordsrep=&keywordsfyc=&systime=1195016115792

Raudermaster
11-13-2007, 10:06 PM
I hate pre '87 fox'es. No, if I trade it, it would have to be fwd, awd or 4x4 since it would be my winter car.