PDA

View Full Version : lexus RX 400h

Aren Jay
11-14-2007, 12:38 AM
I was looking this up and found that I am quite impressed. I was looking for some reason that I would not like it and could only find one; Price. Now I know like all expensive cars the price is going to be coming down, in a couple of years it will be affordable.

Power it has alot, it is as fast as a stock Marauder, almost. It has almost as much room. Is said to be quite comfortable and has all the utility that the Marauder does not. A good complimentary truck. It even has the one thing the Marauder lacks a good city characteristic, city mileage. 33MPG city when warm, a little less in the cold. The AWD system is a great feature for winter and it even has a roof rack for my canoe or that jet boat I've been looking at.

Now it can't tow my Marauder. 3500Lbs tow limit, but compared to the Ford Hybrid Escape, it can't tow a boat with a tow rating of 1000Lbs. It is alot like a pretty Aztek. Pretty fast, pretty good looking, pretty good economy...

Anyone know of a good city mileage SUV or Truck that can tow a Marauder?

offroadkarter
11-14-2007, 05:55 AM
Down here the RX 300 and 400 are womens crossovers, but thats just what i see.

LordVader
11-14-2007, 06:27 AM
Have to agree with Offroader...our COO is a woman and that is her vehicle of choice. Rode in it once, and as you say there is plenty of room. It's weird when you are at a stop light and the motor shuts down, you keep wondering what's going to happen when the light changes. But it does the job and motors on.

Bigdogjim
11-14-2007, 06:53 AM
Highlander is the same vehicle for less.

BAD MERC
11-14-2007, 06:54 AM
Buy a used Expedition or Denali. Do not buy a hybrid ANYTHING! The crap you DO NOT KNOW about hybrids will scare you. They don't tell you for a reason.

Breadfan
11-14-2007, 08:26 AM
Buy a used Expedition or Denali. Do not buy a hybrid ANYTHING! The crap you DO NOT KNOW about hybrids will scare you. They don't tell you for a reason.

Like what?

Breadfan
11-14-2007, 08:27 AM
Bear in mind towing a Marauder isn't just 4200lbs. You also have trailer weight, gear, and other factors, I would say towing a Marauder is more like 6800lbs.