PDA

View Full Version : Gun Collectors and Enthusiasts

Haggis
11-14-2007, 07:36 AM
This past weekend Chris and I attentend the local gun show here in Frederick.
Chris is also joined the NRA, remember the;

'The Constitution guarantees our rights as American citizens, but the 2nd Amendment protects those rights.'

Here is what we added to our Collection. 1) Winchester Model 1887 lever action 12ga shotgun. 2) Mauser C96 (Broomhandle) in 9mm. 3) Mauser Model 1914/34 in 7.65mm (.32acp)

KillJoy
11-14-2007, 07:42 AM
Nice Broomhandle!

:up:

KillJoy

Vortex
11-14-2007, 08:13 AM
My collection, nothing rare, just good ole shootin irons:

Hi-Standard Double Nine .22 Revolver
Taurus .38 Special Revolver
Sig/Sauer .380 Auto
Colt Combat Commander .45 Auto
Ruger Super Blackhawk .44 Mag
Browning A-5 12 ga
Ted Williams Model 300 12 ga
Winchester Pump Model 1300 12 ga
Remington Sportsman 16 ga
Remington Speedmaster .22 rifle
Winchester Model 70 Ranger 30-06

Dark_Knight7096
11-14-2007, 08:15 AM
Nice Broomhandle!

:up:

KillJoy

+100

This reminds me, I've been meaning to get a 1911, I'm thinkin get a base GI model and then shoot it a lot and replace parts to turn it into something a little racy. Thinkin parkerized then replace with SS ext beavertail, SS skeleton trigger and hammer, SS levers then maybe go match internals, not sure yet.

One gun I always wanted German Luger idk y I just like em

jim geary
11-14-2007, 08:51 AM
hope you all have your safe's bolted to solid cement.

Breadfan
11-14-2007, 09:24 AM
Very cool, nice peices of history!

BTW you ever been the museum down at the NRA HQ?

Haggis
11-14-2007, 09:43 AM
Very cool, nice peices of history!

BTW you ever been the museum down at the NRA HQ?

Of course!!!! I'm like a kid in a candy store every time I go there.

sailsmen
11-14-2007, 06:36 PM
+100

My moms husband bought one in France while he was stationed in Paris during WWII.

He lent it to me to inspect and clean. It's original, matching, including the holster.

I dissasembled and cleaned it. It was very difficult to reassemble due to the close tolerances. It had 2 magazines. One was a lite weight alloy one piece excrusion and the other was an alloy/wood combination.

I fired it, took it apart, cleaned and reassembled.

As I studied it it was very disturbing how advanced the design and mfg. The quality is equal to match. The design is an extension of your hand. If you can point your index finger you can hit the target.

For sniper use a stock can be attached. The caliber is designed to maime to instill terror and to cause the enemy to use resources to care for the wounded.

To think it was mfg 60 years ago was very scary!

Seneca
11-14-2007, 06:53 PM

'The Constitution guarantees our rights as American citizens, but the 2nd Amendment protects those rights.'

Here is what we added to our Collection. 1) Winchester Model 1887 lever action 12ga shotgun. 2) Mauser C96 (Broomhandle) in 9mm. 3) Mauser Model 1914/34 in 7.65mm (.32acp)

Very nice collection, My father has a Mauser .32 It's gotta lotta wear though, I wanna get his really bad. Neat pieces. Seneca

CRZYBIKER
11-15-2007, 08:20 AM
The curios are fun, if you ever come across a CZ-52 I highly recommend it. Very powerful, accurate and reliable.

My collection:
1) CZ-52 7.62x25
2)Saiga Ak-47 variant .308
3)Stevens 77F 16 GA
4) Euroarms Kentuckian .44 black powder
5) 1856 Colt Army old silver (replica)
6) CVA .50 cal black powder rifle
7) CMA replica .44 boot pistol (black powder)
8) Walther P-22
9) Super Comanche .45lc/.410
10) Remington 870 12 GA
11) Remington 870 20 GA
12) Springfield .22
13) Mossberg plinkster .22
14) Marlin .17 HMR
15) Hi-Point .380
16) Norinco SKS
17) New england single shot .410 (in case I ever have a son, this was my first)

Krytin
11-15-2007, 01:33 PM
+100

This reminds me, I've been meaning to get a 1911, I'm thinkin get a base GI model and then shoot it a lot and replace parts to turn it into something a little racy. Thinkin parkerized then replace with SS ext beavertail, SS skeleton trigger and hammer, SS levers then maybe go match internals, not sure yet.

Hey, PM me. I used to hold an FFL for gunsmithing purposes. I have the jig to contour the frame for the Ed Brown high grip beaver tail safety and jigs to stone/polish the hammer hooks and sear face. I can also give a few other pointers on 1911's.

rumble
11-15-2007, 04:13 PM

Very nice. Whom would be considered the authority on Mauser broom handles that would
be willing to answer some questions?

I have several questions regarding value, provenance and history of a certain model.
I would like to go on Antiques Roadshow but have neither the time nor patience.

DEFYANT
11-15-2007, 05:25 PM
Guns kill people and should be outlawed. :razz:

Leadfoot281
11-15-2007, 05:51 PM

Lol! I've never seen a gun go to jail for killing some one.

I just seen an M1 Garand in the paper for $475. That has to be a good deal, right? I've never seen one for less than $600.

I'll be in the market for one of these in January.

2003 MIB
11-15-2007, 05:52 PM
14) Marlin .17 HMR

How many rounds have you run through this one? Do you like it? Plinking or varmit killing?

2003 MIB
11-15-2007, 06:01 PM
Very nice. Whom would be considered the authority on Mauser broom handles that would
be willing to answer some questions?

I have several questions regarding value, provenance and history of a certain model.
I would like to go on Antiques Roadshow but have neither the time nor patience.

Hello Gary,
I'd email your questions to gunsandammo@primedia.com with a detailed description of your firearm.
They are interesting guns and this is the email for S.P. Fjestad's Gun Room column. They don't do personal replies but I would think questions about this weapon would likely be published because of the broad appeal.

rumble
11-15-2007, 06:19 PM
Hello Gary,
I'd email your questions to gunsandammo@primedia.com with a detailed description of your firearm.
They are interesting guns and this is the email for S.P. Fjestad's Gun Room column. They don't do personal replies but I would think questions about this weapon would likely be published because of the broad appeal.

Hey, hello Kemosabe. long time no see. I may try that too but I really need an expert in Broom handles.
Next time I see you I'll go into detail. Super rare one.

CRZYBIKER
11-15-2007, 06:58 PM
How many rounds have you run through this one? Do you like it? Plinking or varmit killing?

It is an incredible gun, I carry a penny around with me I hit at 100 yards with it......twice. The first time I shot the penny did not move off the hay bail, so I shot again, and again the penny did not move. When I walked over to look where I hit there were two holes in the penny and it did not budge off its hay bail . I highly recommend one, great fun for the buck. I probably have 350 rounds through mine. The only thing with these are they are picky with hollow point rounds, sometimes mis-feed. Not good for hunting unless you get headshots, just shreds the meat and leaves copper everywhere......great plinker.

DeepSea117
11-15-2007, 08:27 PM
Hey, PM me. I used to hold an FFL for gunsmithing purposes. I have the jig to contour the frame for the Ed Brown high grip beaver tail safety and jigs to stone/polish the hammer hooks and sear face. I can also give a few other pointers on 1911's.

Do you know anyone who makes a good magazine for a 10mm round in a 1911? Wilson and Chip McCormick don't seem to bother, and I'm not too sure about the Kimber TacPro mags.

alarmguy
11-15-2007, 09:07 PM
Do you know anyone who makes a good magazine for a 10mm round in a 1911? Wilson and Chip McCormick don't seem to bother, and I'm not too sure about the Kimber TacPro mags.

http://www.metalformmagazines.com/

alarmguy
11-15-2007, 09:13 PM
Gordon, Chris,

Nice finds!

Aren Jay
11-16-2007, 12:27 AM
I have a broomhandle for my Luger.

Haggis
11-16-2007, 05:54 AM

You should know almost better then anyone here that a gun is just a tool and that people kill people.

Krytin
11-16-2007, 06:17 AM
http://www.metalformmagazines.com/
I have used several Metalform mags in .45 ACP w/flat top followers and the feed perfectly!

DeepSea117
11-16-2007, 04:53 PM
alarmguy/krytin thanks! gives me a reason to pick up that kimber eclipse :D

Drewstang
11-16-2007, 09:27 PM
My collection is small and my safe is empty.
1.) Remington 700 .243 youth model
2.) New England 20ga single shot

Both were given to me by my dad and will be passed down to my sons.

I think its been said somewhere, "I got my shotgun, rifle, and my 4 wheel drive......."

rayjay
11-17-2007, 03:38 AM
I just aquired a WW2 relic pistol that turned out to be NIB/unfired upon receipt. :D The question is will it stay unfired????

DEFYANT
11-17-2007, 08:32 AM
You should know almost better then anyone here that a gun is just a tool and that people kill people.

Yer right! Keep the guns. Outlaw the people! :P

Haggis
11-17-2007, 09:00 AM

Now, something we can agree on. ;)

Haven't heard from you in a while, how is everything going?

sailsmen
11-17-2007, 10:11 AM

Outlaw the "Outlaws".

When guns are Outlawed only "Outlaws" will have them.

In 2004 there were per CDC;
28,600 Gun Deaths of which 16,750 were suicide
45,113 Vehicle Deaths.

Outlaw vehicles and only "Outlaws" will have them.

For every person killed by a gun 1.57 are killed by a vehicle.

Driving is a privelge not protected by the Constitution that we should not have!

Save the people, save the Earth, outlaw driving!

rumble
11-17-2007, 11:30 AM

Outlawed? So nobody will have them? Ban them just like drugs
and keep them out of the country like illegals? Gee I dunno if that would really work.

You think?

Tom Doan
11-17-2007, 07:38 PM
Jeez, Come on guys and girls. How you going to join the "Torque and Recoil" local chapter if you don't buy some more guns? I'm trying to get the wife to buy me a THIRD vault for Christmas. Yeah, yeah I know your point of view, but guess where all my lib neighbors were when we had 3 weeks of "sniper" attacks here? Strange, they won't talk to me most of the time and won't let their kids trick or treat at my house but when the poop hits the fan I got friends out the ying yang. Tom

Haggis
11-19-2007, 05:14 AM
Outlawed? So nobody will have them? Ban them just like drugs
and keep them out of the country like illegals? Gee I dunno if that would really work.

You think?

Illegal drugs are banned, I still hear of people smoking pot and doing crack. (?)

Illegal immigrants are still illegal, but are still here. (?)

So, I guess your question of; 'Gee I dunno if that would work?', has already been answered.

This thread was started for 'Gun Enthuiasts' to reply to my finds not a pollitical dicussion about guns. That thread will be started later.

jabird56
11-19-2007, 05:41 AM
Of course!!!! I'm like a kid in a candy store every time I go there.

VERY NEAT PLACE! Have been there a few times. There is ALLOT of history in that museum. Now I need to go see the Buffalo Bill Museum in Cody, WY

http://www.bbhc.org/firearms/index.cfm