PDA

View Full Version : Wheelys,.. the forgotten path of the modern day Hot-Rodder

DetroitMarauder
11-18-2007, 03:08 AM
When I was in High school, a 69 Camero and a 69 Barracuda used to lift they're front ends on a daily basis. The guys that owned the cars put on wheely bars which they hid underneth they're rear axle.

I remember watching a '72 Firebird driving down Wattles Rd. (17 Mile) on 2 tires with it's nose in the air for about an 1/8 of a mile. I never met the guy but he's probably a stunt driver now.

Anyone lift the front end on a MM?

Is lifting the front end not cool anymore?

I understand the need for speed, but lifting the front end of a car is pretty damn cool in my opinion.

cyclopsram
11-18-2007, 04:46 AM
Driving carefully is pretty darn cool in my opinion.. Wheelies (sp) and Camaros (sp) and their (sp) associated antics are fine on the track, but the maturity, supposedly, of Marauder owners should preclude those antics. Gives a bad name to Panther owners in general. I specifically like the stealth of hot Panthers in general and reserve their abilities for situations of need. Let the ricers and the ricer wannabees and the kiddies in the old Camaros and Mustangs play their silly games. End of sermon...

TooManyFords
11-18-2007, 05:21 AM
I'm sure that there will be a big party for the first marauder to carry the fronts. It's probably not going to happen on the street first but on the track.

And just FYI, I have a pair of bars being painted for ProRauder. I gotta protect that shiny new pump out back.

John

offroadkarter
11-18-2007, 10:49 AM
Its not forgotten, just that civics and integras cant do wheelies.

RR|Suki
11-18-2007, 11:12 AM
there's all kinds of cars that can still carry the front wheels. A Marauder however is a bit bigger than those cars, longer etc. Also the huge torque that those push rods make is alot different than how our motor makes power. One of the big dogs will o it soon though I'm sure

ckadiddle
11-18-2007, 11:55 AM
I would think "hang time" is definitley in the future for Prorauder. :)

offroadkarter
11-18-2007, 12:20 PM
I would think "hang time" is definitley in the future for Prorauder. :)

I'd be happy if that artists conception became a reality :D

LILALLEYKATT
11-18-2007, 12:24 PM
Driving carefully is pretty darn cool in my opinion.. Wheelies (sp) and Camaros (sp) and their (sp) associated antics are fine on the track, but the maturity, supposedly, of Marauder owners should preclude those antics. Gives a bad name to Panther owners in general. I specifically like the stealth of hot Panthers in general and reserve their abilities for situations of need. Let the ricers and the ricer wannabees and the kiddies in the old Camaros and Mustangs play their silly games. End of sermon...
People whom know nothing about the Detroit area street scene think you will kill yourself or somebody else for attempting to get some air. Remove your front swaybar and installing slicks should get you there with a few mods, Just dont shoot your eye out...good luck "with your situation of need" and please post pics my fellow street racr...:beatnik:

KillJoy
11-18-2007, 12:25 PM
I know for sure 1 car lifted the front tires at SSHS7. I THINK there was another.

The one definate was an Chevy.

Oh yeah..... that little green monster lifted them on test and tune night!!!

:beer:

KillJoy

LILALLEYKATT
11-18-2007, 12:34 PM
Trilogy 1 lifted the left front.

KillJoy
11-18-2007, 12:45 PM
Trilogy 1 lifted the left front.

Hmmmm......

I do not recall it doing so..... BUT, if any MM can, my $$$ would be on it!!!

:up:

KillJoy

CRUZTAKER
11-18-2007, 05:39 PM
And just FYI, I have a pair of bars being painted for ProRauder. I gotta protect that shiny new pump out back.

John

Cool...but why?

You don't race, you openly said you don't want to do so, and you just show the car.

It's like putting a whale tail wing on a Honda.

TooManyFords
11-18-2007, 07:04 PM
Cool...but why?

You don't race, you openly said you don't want to do so, and you just show the car.

http://www.cvmusclecars.com/showthread.php?t=397

and just finished the 300-600 nitrous upgrade...

But hey, it still shows well too.

TooManyFords
11-18-2007, 07:11 PM
Oh yeah, and my first Sportsman Class Win:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5OShJQALm0

$200, Trophy and a chance at the King of the Hill.

But hey, I just show it....

Vortex
11-19-2007, 09:32 AM
That is a damn nice looking car man.

TooManyFords
11-19-2007, 09:48 AM
That is a damn nice looking car man.

Thanks!

;)

And to correct the thread title, they are called Wheelie Bars...

SC Cheesehead
11-19-2007, 10:10 AM

Oooooooooooooooooooh, those are so COOL! I wish I could find one for my 'rauder!:fishslap:

SCCH:lol:

Blackened300a
11-19-2007, 10:32 AM

Very impressive! First time Im seeing that car with the new paint

CRUZTAKER
11-19-2007, 09:18 PM

7.60 1/8 mile?

My dial in NA is 8.0

You did did however win money, and I ALWAYS lose. :alone:

Impressive none the less.
I got goose bumps finally seeing that beast run the track.
Keep it up man.

I see 6.9 eighths in my future.;)

TooManyFords
11-20-2007, 06:03 AM
7.60 1/8 mile?

My dial in NA is 8.0

You did did however win money, and I ALWAYS lose. :alone:

Impressive none the less.
I got goose bumps finally seeing that beast run the track.
Keep it up man.

I see 6.9 eighths in my future.;)

Winning is not about being the fastest. I sandbagged pretty bad and although the video sucked I think it shows I was still on the brakes crossing the stripes.

That day really sucked. We did all the qualifying passes at 1320. Then a misty rain set in for a couple hours and after they cleaned most of the track they switched to 1/8th mile for real racing. The track was not bad but it clearly shows I need real racing slicks. I pretty much just spin those Mickeys through the 60ft most of the time.

RF Overlord
11-20-2007, 06:12 AM
Driving carefully is pretty darn cool in my opinion...I agree completely.
Let the ricers and the ricer wannabees and the kiddies in the old Camaros and Mustangs play their silly games. Agreed again, although I would pay money to watch a Civic lift the front wheels... :lol:

CRUZTAKER
11-20-2007, 05:24 PM
Winning is not about being the fastest. .

I must commend you once again for finally getting off your azz and showing that beast off...

Bravo!!!

Now I hope you understand why I was dicking with you back in the day when you refused to race. You have to admit, you get attention cruising, but it's a whole different story in a track scenario. ;)

Please elaborate:

That last time I saw this car, in black, it had MASSIVE rear tires.
Are you using massive slicks? Or standard sizes?