PDA

View Full Version : Detroit wins "Most dangerous city in the U.S." title(again)

MERCMAN
11-18-2007, 05:55 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071118/ap_on_re_us/dangerous_cities

CRUZTAKER
11-18-2007, 07:33 PM
Killedelphia lost their title?

offroadkarter
11-18-2007, 09:16 PM
Last year's crime leader, St. Louis, fell to No. 2. Another Michigan city, Flint, ranked third, followed by Oakland Calif.; Camden, N.J.; Birmingham, Ala.; North Charleston, S.C.; Memphis, Tenn.; Richmond, Calif.; and Cleveland.

Go camden, woo! :D

I think camden was the worst place to live in for 2 years in a row. Yet it has such a nice aquarium. Only in new jersey ;)

BUCKWHEAT
11-19-2007, 08:52 AM
and we in St. Louis thank you. The local press has ignored this, since Mayor Slay is no Rudi. Saw one article that said the City's local St. Louis PR firm tried to strong-arm the publisher into dropping St. Louis out of the study completely. I love the politicos that treat the symptom.

Oh yea, the FBI statistics are the source for the rankings. If the locals just don't report the crimes, that means they never happened.

ckadiddle
11-19-2007, 10:18 AM
Orlando scored pretty high this year! wooHooo!! At least we are good at something.... ;)

airborne_mp84
11-19-2007, 12:06 PM
yeah i heard...i remember D.C. had it for a while

CBT
11-19-2007, 12:09 PM
yeah i heard...i remember D.C. had it for a while

Sadly for us, it's the politicians committing the crimes in D.C. :(

ckadiddle
11-19-2007, 01:30 PM
Sadly for us, it's the politicians committing the crimes in D.C. :(
Hey we have our share of that here in Florida too!!!

Tom Doan
11-19-2007, 08:31 PM
You stole the title from us,although we are over last years total already for murder. Today the Gub'ner raised our taxes, 2 dollars on smokes, 8.2 on companies,6% sales tax, crap if he makes a fart tax I'll go broke. Time to cook a pig. Tom

DeepSea117
11-20-2007, 07:17 AM
Oakland and Richmond are in the same area code too. I think they're up there because they're within shooting distance of each other.:argue:

Dragcity
11-20-2007, 07:27 AM
And Buffalo, New York is ranked 24. I think that is where our football team is going to finish also...

Bluerauder
11-20-2007, 07:34 AM
and we in St. Louis thank you.

"Detroit got a score of 407, while St. Louis followed at 406." That certainly is not a glowing recommendation for cheering in St. Louis. Let's call it a TIE !!! :rolleyes:

Washington, DC will hereafter be known as the "District of Corruption". What a joke. They are not qualified to run a Cub Scout Den; but they want to be a State. Maybe State of Confusion is an appropriate name.

The most recent scandal in DC is 5 folks skimming "Tax Refunds" in the Department of Taxation over 7 years totaling some $31.7 Million. Not bad work if you can get it. One of the phony companies set up to receive the bogus tax refunds was called "Bilkmore, Inc." Yet no one suspected a thing. :rolleyes: Their crime stats aren't anything to cheer about either.