PDA

View Full Version : Need new mufflers

Motorhead350
11-26-2007, 12:11 AM
I'm putting some cash into the ole K5 and need some new mufflers. Right now it has Flowmasters and I am not sure of the model number. I am looking for something that is quiet as possible when crusing and roars when I bring it to 4,000 rpm. I am open to all companies and if it holds back power that is fine. I'm not looking for performace I am looking for something that will not annoy me on the highway. The truck has 350hp and a 2.5 inch exhaust.

Any suggestions?

ckadiddle
11-26-2007, 08:11 AM
I like the 14 inch Magnaflows that I have on the MM. Might want to go with the 18 inch if you want a little quieter still. Makes a nice rumble when you fire it up, quiet under low throttle and idle conditions.
See
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/748029/1
for exact model Magnaflow that I have. Look at vids on page two, the one where I run alone you can hear them under full throttle.

They are a nice compromise for me. I can come and go at all hours in my quiet neighborhood without disturbing the neighbors unduly, or I can make some noise with my right foot if I am craving some attention.

jonroe
11-26-2007, 08:15 AM
I just swapped out my OEMs for Borlas (see sig). The overall loudness is about the same but the character is lower in tone and a little more growly. It barks pretty good under hard acceleration yet is reasonably quiet on cruise. I like 'em!

magindat
11-26-2007, 08:26 AM
I agree with Pete on 18" magnaflow

Motorhead350
11-26-2007, 03:39 PM
Thanks everyone. ;)