PDA

View Full Version : Ford Employees only

Dragcity
11-26-2007, 12:30 PM
This is for all those who worked or work for Ford.

My Father was a Machinist and Supervisor at Ford until his passing in 1984. (Opened the Buffalo Stamping Plant in 1950)

My Dear old Mother has been presented with a benefits dilemma. Ford sent out some stuff (I have not seen) that is making her choose among several health care options. Mom is confused.

Does anyone have any insight on this.? She is going to a seminar next week and has to make a choice by the end of the year.

Any help would be appreciated.

MM2004
11-26-2007, 01:51 PM
My Father served 35 years at Ford Kentucky Truck Plant.

The health insurance my Mom has benefitted from for all these years after Dad passing away will not be available to her any longer after Dec. 31st. 2007.

She has the option of different plans, and I was not included in these 'seminars' that she attended.

Make sure your Mother attends these 'seminars' and help her if at all possible.

Sorry I could not be of more assistance.

Mike.

jerrym3
11-28-2007, 08:00 AM
My deceased father-in-law retired from the Ford Teterboro, NJ, Parts depot. (I worked there also for five years back in the early 60s. You should have seen the look on my co-workers faces when I drove into the lot one day with a brand new 65 Stingray.)

His widow is now faced with all the changes as well, or should I say my wife is, because mom's pretty much out of it at 86 years of age.

I'll try to report on what we decide.

Dragcity
11-28-2007, 08:51 AM
Thanks Guys.