PDA

View Full Version : ***hat vandalizers...

OneBADLsE
11-27-2007, 09:42 AM
A few days ago, i went to drive my Lincoln mark Vi. To my surprise....Well, I'll let the pics speak for themselfs. I am MORTIFIED to say the least. Someone will pay.

However, saying that is a waste of breath. I'll never find out who it was. Funny thing is, i dont even have problems with anybody. :(:alone:

I am right now guessing that BRAKE FLUID WAS THE CULPRIT HERE. At first it looked like a quart of oil doused on the car. The redness leads me to believe otherwise.

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n129/onebadlsc/IMG_3376.jpg
http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n129/onebadlsc/IMG_3375.jpg
http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n129/onebadlsc/IMG_3374.jpg

IN THIS PIC YOU CANT REALLY SEE IT, BUT PERMANENT BURNS OF WHATEVER RUNS ALONG SIDE THE QUARTER PANEL. DAMAGED FOR LIFE.
http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n129/onebadlsc/IMG_3373.jpg
http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n129/onebadlsc/IMG_3372.jpg

ImpalaSlayer
11-27-2007, 10:11 AM
huh didnt know brake fluid would do that :dunno:

sailsmen
11-27-2007, 10:12 AM
There was a time when enviro terror were vanadalizing any car they deemed to be a polluter or gas guzzler.

Look for the Volvo with the bumper covered in stickers and spewing oil out the exhaust the owner maybe able to help indentify the criminals.

OneBADLsE
11-27-2007, 10:22 AM

Brake fluid will cause paint to no longer stick the metal. EVEN IF STRIPPED TO BARE METAL.

sailsmen
11-27-2007, 10:33 AM
I don't understand what could have deliberately made that pattern.

Are you sure it's brake fluid.

Local Boy
11-27-2007, 10:46 AM
Wouldn't brake fluid make the paint peel and wrinkle?

Don't think it's brake fluid...Trans fluid???

Good Luck w/ the fix...

ALOHA

ImpalaSlayer
11-27-2007, 11:08 AM
Brake fluid will cause paint to no longer stick the metal. EVEN IF STRIPPED TO BARE METAL.

your tellin me that if he striped that deck lid to bare metal new paint still wouldnt sick?

OneBADLsE
11-27-2007, 11:27 AM
your tellin me that if he striped that deck lid to bare metal new paint still wouldnt sick?

Thats the overall consensous when tarnished with brake fluid. Only going by what a couple of boards have told me.

ImpalaSlayer
11-27-2007, 11:29 AM
Thats the overall consensous when tarnished with brake fluid. Only going by what a couple of boards have told me.

iama test this :) got some silver birch left over

OneBADLsE
11-27-2007, 11:37 AM
iama test this :) got some silver birch left over

let me know the results! and please post pics.

One main reason why it got spotty like that may have been because it rained, and also because i had a few coats of wax on it when this occured.

ImpalaSlayer
11-27-2007, 11:41 AM
will do. sorry about the "he" i didnt realize you were the one that posted the thread

SID210SA
11-27-2007, 12:19 PM
Maybe Hydrolic fluid????

Bluerauder
11-27-2007, 02:34 PM
I don't understand what could have deliberately made that pattern.

Are you sure it's brake fluid.
I suspect what we are seeing in the pics is the residual damage after the "liquid" was removed and cleaning efforts were complete. Those spots are just where the paint finish was damaged. Notice that most of it is only on the trunk lid itself and not the quarter panels or up near the window. Possibly better/thicker paint in those areas. :dunno:

He didn't say how long the unknown "fluid" was on the car before he noticed the problem or how long it took the (brake fluid) to cause those spots.

But your comment is on the money .... that splash pattern doesn't look natural unless it is just the "weak" spots and residual damage as mentioned earlier.

CRUZTAKER
11-27-2007, 05:29 PM

Very volitale. Will eat rims in a heart beat.

Naaaawwwo!!!:rolleyes:
DA the trunk lid and it will be fine.

He didn't say how long the unknown "fluid" was on the car before he noticed the problem or how long it took the (brake fluid) to cause those spots.

Must have been awhile.
Three months back a rat chewed my front brake line on the Focus without my knowledge. I drove 16 miles to works smelling a gawd awfull odor thinking it was a semi in front of me.
When I got to work and went to pop the trunk, the rear of the car was COMPLETELY covered in brake fluid from the trunk lid down to the bumper cover all the way across.
I knew it was bad, but still let it sit for a few hours before leaving for the dealership and having them run it through the wash before fixing the lines.

Back to this quote:

Ironically while the Focus was waiting for me to pick it up, it was hit by a delivery truck in the rear. The entire (once covered) bumper cover required repainting. The paint looks wonderfull some three months later. That blows that idea out of water....or should I say brake fluid.:P

MarauderMark
11-27-2007, 06:13 PM
I use this mequires paint cleaner and it takes off the paint from people that bang my vehicals not the dents just the paint. may wanna try it see if it helps..

OneBADLsE
11-28-2007, 08:50 AM
Ironically while the Focus was waiting for me to pick it up, it was hit by a delivery truck in the rear. The entire (once covered) bumper cover required repainting. The paint looks wonderfull some three months later. That blows that idea out of water....or should I say brake fluid.:P

That isnt metal. The bumper cover is made out of fiberglass.