PDA

View Full Version : L/M reply to owner questionaire

cruzer
07-30-2003, 07:29 PM
Got a call from L/M yesterday--first thing she asked was "How did I like my Grand Marquis?" My answer was , "I don't have a Grand Marquis, I have a Marauder" After she recovered she asked me to comment on my note that I was disappointed in top management decisions to completely ignore one of the hottest items they had on the road. I told her about the fact that the average new car shopper doesn't even know that the car exists--that the first comment we get is "what is it and who customized it for you ?". I also told her that I had "salesmen?" tell me yesterday that the Marauder was "dead" and they were a "bad idea" and were being discontinued immediately--no 2004. I told her that almost 1,000 owners had our own web site with over 2,000,000 hits in about 18 months---she was almost speechless. She told me that she had recorded the conversation and it will be forwarded to corporate management and I would be hearing from "someone in decision- making management???" I can't wait. Will keep you posted, Maury

JET
07-30-2003, 07:44 PM
To bad she is only making $6.50 an hour and the information you gave her isn't going anywhere. Do you remeber the very end of the first Indiana Jones Movie. Well that is where our input is going.

cruzer
07-30-2003, 08:32 PM
I have a long history with Ford and L/M--first car in '49, then'51, '52,'53,'55,'65,'70,'72, '73,'75,'79,'84,'89,'92,'95,'9 9,and 'o3--all but 2 were new cars--was a " Silver Shoes " owner in '65 ( were wined and dined by L/M factory reps 3 time a year for input) we got a dash plaque, which I have in my MM. I've delt with top management in sales and customer service--if they do their homework , they will find me. I really want the MM to be a success and hope they follow through on this correspondence. Made the suggestion that they introduce the 2004 Marauder at FFW at Ennis--- I'm not holding my breath

jgc61sr2002
07-31-2003, 09:01 PM
Maury - I agree. I would be very positive if the FMC supported the meet in Texas. Like you said " I won't hold my breath".