PDA

View Full Version : Hibernating For The Winter

JWLock
12-12-2007, 10:33 PM
Okay, I have been away for a bit, but spending some time now working on fixing up a few things on the Marauder. Here's the list of things I am working on fixing over the winter season:
1: Switch panel on Driver's side door is broken. $18 for a new one.
2: I am trying to figure out what all switches should be lit at night. Apparently I have some with the bulbs out. But before I replace them, do the window switches on the passenger and rear doors light up, or is it only the ones on the driver's door?
3: A dent behind the rear door in the top of the fender. Apparently DentMax and DentWizard are best for this one because of where it's located.
4: Needs new rear tires again (yeah, I got a lil heavy on the pedal :) )
5: The head unit has a few bulbs burned out. I am taking it in to get an estimate to fix it from a local place here in Charlotte.
6: I need to get a few scratches in the paint fixed
7: Driver's side door trim doesn't seem to be right.
8: Clean out where the driver's rear door window was broken (apparently the car was broken into some time in the past, and they never cleaned the glass from inside the door)
Once I have it fixed, here's what I want to do:
1: Do a proper tint on the windows
2: Add/switch to the remote gas flap
3: fix the rear deck so it doesn't rattle when the subwoofer hits.
4: Get a 2nd grille to do the emblem-less mod and put a screen-back on it
Any other suggestions on things to add yet keep it as close to factory as possible?
:)
Thanks!

And on a side note: The sad part of all this is when I replaced the driver's side door window switch, the dealership had no clue what kind of car it was (A Mercury dealership asking "What is a Marauder?" is a sad thing).

knine
12-12-2007, 10:49 PM
Start here: This is a good thread. http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=37918&highlight=switch+fix