PDA

View Full Version : Movie Review: I am Legend

SID210SA
12-17-2007, 12:36 PM
I must say that it was a pretty good movie....there really isnt much to say with out ruining it for everyone else....but I didnt like the ending....it didnt seem to flow with the rest of the movie....

P.S. I watched it in IMAX.

Mike

magindat
12-17-2007, 01:02 PM
It was, indeed a dayum good flick. Not what I expected at all.

I'll own this one when it becomes available.

VAmarauder03
12-17-2007, 01:56 PM
i agree, good movie, ended wasnt what i expected, but still a great movie none the less

sailsmen
12-17-2007, 04:03 PM
I am thinking about seeing it until someone said it was like the stranded Tom Hanks movie where he is so bored he makes friends w/ a soccer ball. Well if Tom Hanks is that bored what does he think the audience is?

Is it a remake of Omega Man and Last Man on Earth?

kariamack
12-17-2007, 04:06 PM
I am thinking about seeing it until someone said it was like the stranded Tom Hanks movie where he is so bored he makes friends w/ a soccer ball. Well if Tom Hanks is that bored what does he think the audience is?

this movie was nothing like that way way way better u just gotta go see it

bob6364
12-17-2007, 04:21 PM
They are redoing so many of my favorite movies...The Hitcher and now The Omega Man sorry Willey will neeeeever replace http://ia.imdb.com/media/imdb/01/I/66/94/12t.jpg (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000032/)
Charlton Heston (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000032/)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-MosmUseSY

BigMerc
12-17-2007, 05:10 PM
I liked the movie when I saw it the first time........ 1971 Omega man Charlton Heston

MarauderTJA
12-17-2007, 06:31 PM
So is it worth going to for $9.95 or wait for the DVD to come out, for you guys that saw the movie?

not5-0
12-17-2007, 07:48 PM
I thought it was an above average flick. I saw it at an IMAX theater which made it even better. I give it:2thumbs:

Peace2Peep
12-17-2007, 08:16 PM
I loved it! Just got home from the movie and it gets two thumbs up from me and the wifey!

Eric91Z
12-17-2007, 08:37 PM
I, too, definitely liked it and I got to see it on a DP theater. Definitely not quite what I thought it would be. I might recommend catching a matinee that is cheaper, but something I will definitely own on DVD when it comes out. And worth seeing on the big screen.

The sounds of that GT500 was awesome. And you could actually hear the supercharger whine.

MarauderTJA
12-18-2007, 07:11 AM
I, too, definitely liked it and I got to see it on a DP theater. Definitely not quite what I thought it would be. I might recommend catching a matinee that is cheaper, but something I will definitely own on DVD when it comes out. And worth seeing on the big screen.

The sounds of that GT500 was awesome. And you could actually hear the supercharger whine.

That alone is worth going to see it. Will catch a matinee today. Thanks guys.

magindat
12-18-2007, 07:14 AM

Yep, my GF even knew it sounded like a Trilogy (Eaton)!!!!

DeepSea117
12-18-2007, 05:07 PM

It's an adaptation of the book, if that's what you mean. Stands on it's own though, and is still a pretty good movie. If you compare the fact that people are dealing with isolation the only way they can, then yeah, it's like Castaway. There's a good part in the middle, which was a source of humour earlier, but when the scene approaches, you can feel it change from slightly humourous to downright depressing within a few seconds. Very subtle.

I've been waiting for a movie to at least come to the spirit of the book and this one does it very well. I have the other two movies on dvd (Last Man on Earth, the Omega Man) and they each have their charm. Will Smith wasn't so bad on this one either. Definitely picking it up when it comes out, and yeah, that surprise Shelby at the beginning was a pretty good start :up:

Although I can't see why he didn't have more shotguns around the house, as these things aren't undead, but infected. They feel pain, they can lose blood, all that stuff.

Yeah, I did the IMAX thing too...cool as hell!

Aren Jay
12-20-2007, 12:32 AM

Must be called something else. It was a British flick about some guy waking up to find everyone gone. He thinks he is god...

ckadiddle
12-20-2007, 07:35 AM

Yup, saw it last night. That's as close as I will ever get to driving one of those. The wife said, "Look, it's a Shelby!". :banana2: She is turning into something of a car geek. ;)

The movie was pretty good. Needed a pump shotgun though.