PDA

View Full Version : G-Wiz europeans beat us!

hot-rauder
12-17-2007, 05:45 PM
man after surfing around youtube i find that everyone on there has nothing good to say about american cars. well to each there own but they really hate american cars. i think they just dont understand and have never seen a MM. well i have seen these things and i laughed out loud when i first saw one.

on a recent trip to london i saw these parked 3 in a row. i mini cooper was stopped next to them and cover 2 of them and 1/2 of the other one. i would also see them pull in to a parallel parking spot perpendicular and not stick out. well i had to post it.:laugh::flag::cuke::cuke:]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bv-RMbtKjLU&feature=related

cyclopsram
12-17-2007, 05:47 PM
They probably don't like us because we have such a poor command of the language that they (The Brits) let us use.

Bluerauder
12-17-2007, 05:52 PM
They probably don't like us because we have such a poor command of the language that they (The Brits) let us use.
We don't speak the King's English .... we speak American !!! ;)

sailsmen
12-17-2007, 06:30 PM
Europe is dead, thats why the EU came about.

Their population is way up on the age scale. The EU is just about buying them a few more years.

The average European under the age of 30 has no idea what our invovlement was in WWI, WWII and NATO.

I lived in London and Paris.

They are being taught falsehoods about us for a reason. Think about it.

MarauderTJA
12-17-2007, 06:41 PM
I wonder how they would think of us if our country stopped giving them the billions of dollars that we do???? The world is just overall jealous of our lifestyles. My answer, toooooo bad..... I am for isolationism and for us to take care of our country, not theirs and everyone elses.

Jeremy
12-17-2007, 06:59 PM
I have to say that's quite original.. crash testing with a table.. looks like the table may have been made in the good ole US or A..

well... probably not.. but it stood up better than a chinese "press-wood" table haha ;)

ImpalaSlayer
12-17-2007, 07:20 PM
hahaha :laugh: :rofl: :laugh: that was effin great!

table is victorious! :laugh:

offroadkarter
12-17-2007, 07:34 PM
hahaha :laugh: :rofl: :laugh: that was effin great!

table is victorious! :laugh:

I almost fell out of my chair watching that :lol:

Europeans dont like american cars because to there standards they dont "handle" but we dont like european cars because there not fast and they get sandwiched into a table :D

They should have parked a crown vic against the G wiz, THAT would have been funny

quota
12-17-2007, 11:14 PM
quote : ...they really hate american cars. i think they just dont understand ...

It is more a lack of understanding rather than any hate. The "car" is a true part of the american culture and of its infrastructure. That is not true in Europe where it was considered as a luxury product during many years.

Many factors contribute to creating a DIFFERENT understanding about cars. In America, the distances are bigger, lots of cities are missing a good public transportation structure, the price for gas is much lower (the gallon in Europe is now selling around 8-9 bucks). Also, Americans are used for a much longer while to buy goods (incl. cars) on credit...

As a result of these factors - among many others - the Europeans were always branding/focusing on "technology" and "image" while the Americans were tuning the "Power". A good image supporting that different understanding lies in the popularity of NASCAR in the US vs the popularity of WRC in Europe.

MM is a typical, genuine north american product. It would not sell in Europe - but only to some freaks looking after an "exotic" product.

That is probably more personal - I am still an "European" - but I find the American cars extremely attractive and quite well adapted to their market.

And therefore, I wonder why the Americans are not supporting their national brands in a better way by "buying American", thus leaving in their showrooms the Japanese - Korean dull products. Even if some of those are now assembled in North America, they are pale and dull tools, compared to the not perfect but full of soul american cars. That is why I am the happy owner of a MM and the satisfied daily user of an MGM.

JP

Aren Jay
12-18-2007, 01:10 AM
Queens English.

I thought that table was doomed.

I now know why I want a Smart car.

hot-rauder
12-18-2007, 04:23 AM
I almost fell out of my chair watching that :lol:

Europeans dont like american cars because to there standards they dont "handle" but we dont like european cars because there not fast and they get sandwiched into a table :D

They should have parked a crown vic against the G wiz, THAT would have been funny

"TABLE HAS DONE IT!!! TABLE WON!!"

ckadiddle
12-18-2007, 07:46 AM
Yay for the table!!!

Master
12-18-2007, 09:09 AM
I agree with Quebec. Its culturally, geographically and economically driven.

OneBADLsE
12-18-2007, 09:28 AM
:lol: I was laughin out loud the whole time!! Gotta love Clarkson!

Raudermaster
12-18-2007, 08:55 PM
Brits have nothing good to say about any car made in the US. Look at Top Gear, what's that guys name? He dogs almost every Ford performance car. I actually think that idiot likes the C6 Z06 better than the GT.

hot-rauder
12-18-2007, 09:14 PM
Brits have nothing good to say about any car made in the US. Look at Top Gear, what's that guys name? He dogs almost every Ford performance car. I actually think that idiot likes the C6 Z06 better than the GT.

i love Top Gear and watch it religiously... the problem is that they are so filthy spoiled that they find the "problems" with the supercars. although i will say when they complain about it it isnt a bad thing ever really.

oh and jeremy clarkson had a Ford GT and LOVED it. any clip with him talking about it he never once complains. and rightfully so:2thumbs::flag:

:concur:

offroadkarter
12-18-2007, 09:23 PM

watch again, he likes the GT better than the Z06, he also liked the roush mustang.

He bought 2 GT's, one didnt work so he bought another, and when they were asked what was the best supercar to take to france, he brought his ford GT.

He also really liked the CTS V and was suprised it outhandled an AWD V8 audi, and he didnt like the corvette because he said it was to loud and the ride was terrible.

He drove the GTX 1 and liked it even more.

And besides, when jeremy did the review on the peel P50, i almost fell out of my chair laughing.

offroadkarter
12-18-2007, 09:24 PM
i love Top Gear and watch it religiously... the problem is that they are so filthy spoiled that they find the "problems" with the supercars. although i will say when they complain about it it isnt a bad thing ever really.

oh and jeremy clarkson had a Ford GT and LOVED it. any clip with him talking about it he never once complains. and rightfully so:2thumbs::flag:

:concur:

i wish TLC still showed it, i have to go on youtube, under BBC america and watch what they put up. Im sure i have it now on my cable box, i just need to look.

Top gear is the only good show BBC has, 5th gear is a joke :shake:

sailsmen
12-18-2007, 09:26 PM
I was disappointed about their review of the Z06. It out performed the Porsche and I believe a better track time.

He kept making fun of the Z06.

He said he just didn't get it.

I enjoy the show, but it's more entertainment than anythingelse.

Raudermaster
12-18-2007, 09:31 PM
Oh you see, I stopped watching it after his first (blue GT) and I remember him saying he had problems with it.

hot-rauder
12-18-2007, 09:45 PM
I was disappointed about their review of the Z06. It out performed the Porsche and I believe a better track time.

He kept making fun of the Z06.

He said he just didn't get it.

I enjoy the show, but it's more entertainment than anythingelse.

he did show that the Z06 could outrun a line of fire. literally

and he loved how it could go 0-155 in ONE GEAR!!

Aren Jay
12-18-2007, 09:58 PM
Well that didn't come out right.

I was sure the table was going to lose, even if it was nailed to the road.

quota
12-18-2007, 10:29 PM
I agree with Quebec. Its culturally, geographically and economically driven.

Thanks !
It is rare that somebody agrees with "Quebec". Even more when it comes from another part of our country...
JP

ChiTownMaraud3r
12-18-2007, 11:16 PM
I didn't get the impression he liked his GT, in one episode they were asking the audience whether a certain pos european car was "cool", and they placed it in the "uncool" pile right next to the ford gt, and mentions, "we all know the GT is uncool.."

offroadkarter
12-19-2007, 05:44 AM
I didn't get the impression he liked his GT, in one episode they were asking the audience whether a certain pos european car was "cool", and they placed it in the "uncool" pile right next to the ford gt, and mentions, "we all know the GT is uncool.."

watch the later episodes, he bought 2.

ParkRanger
12-19-2007, 09:58 AM
quote : ...they really hate american cars. i think they just dont understand ...

It is more a lack of understanding rather than any hate. The "car" is a true part of the american culture and of its infrastructure. That is not true in Europe where it was considered as a luxury product during many years.

Many factors contribute to creating a DIFFERENT understanding about cars. In America, the distances are bigger, lots of cities are missing a good public transportation structure, the price for gas is much lower (the gallon in Europe is now selling around 8-9 bucks). Also, Americans are used for a much longer while to buy goods (incl. cars) on credit...

As a result of these factors - among many others - the Europeans were always branding/focusing on "technology" and "image" while the Americans were tuning the "Power". A good image supporting that different understanding lies in the popularity of NASCAR in the US vs the popularity of WRC in Europe.

MM is a typical, genuine north american product. It would not sell in Europe - but only to some freaks looking after an "exotic" product.

That is probably more personal - I am still an "European" - but I find the American cars extremely attractive and quite well adapted to their market.

And therefore, I wonder why the Americans are not supporting their national brands in a better way by "buying American", thus leaving in their showrooms the Japanese - Korean dull products. Even if some of those are now assembled in North America, they are pale and dull tools, compared to the not perfect but full of soul american cars. That is why I am the happy owner of a MM and the satisfied daily user of an MGM.

JP

Well said and spot on!

PR :burnout:

hot-rauder
12-19-2007, 10:50 AM

they have a rule... if one of them owns the car then it is already "uncool" no matter what the car is.

ImpalaSlayer
12-19-2007, 11:52 AM
just watched it again still just as funny :laugh:

hot-rauder
12-19-2007, 11:57 AM
just watched it again still just as funny :laugh:

"so if you want to get to work quick.... buy a table."

offroadkarter
12-20-2007, 05:51 AM
"so if you want to get to work quick.... buy a table."

Thats environmentally friendly acid leaking out :)

Bluerauder
12-20-2007, 10:15 AM
Queens English.
Whatever ..... :rolleyes:

boot, bonnet, lift, flat .......... :shake: