PDA

View Full Version : It's not my fault my snow tires came on Chevy Caprice wheels! What else do they fit?

fastcar
12-23-2007, 07:42 PM
Does anyone know what the bolt center is on Chevy Caprice wheels? Will they fit on other Chevys, GMs or even other brands, for that matter? I think they are 7 inches wide...

I'm trying to unload a pair, (no, I DID NOT buy a Chevy, my snows came on them:P) I want to list them intelligently, so I get a better response...

Thank you very much for your help!!!

fastcar:burnout:

CRUZTAKER
12-23-2007, 07:48 PM
I can call Torrie, the fellow local that supplies us with oem wheels, on Monday and give you the low down...

but in the meanwhile, how about explaining the details to the story.

What size tires are they, how did you end up with gm wheels, and why just two?

Are they on steelies, or alloys?

I may have a solution for you.

fastcar
12-23-2007, 08:59 PM
I can call Torrie, the fellow local that supplies us with oem wheels, on Monday and give you the low down...

but in the meanwhile, how about explaining the details to the story.

What size tires are they, how did you end up with gm wheels, and why just two?

Are they on steelies, or alloys?

I may have a solution for you.

First off, thanks Cruz!
Second, it's not very interesting... They AREN'T for my MM... They were for my beater, my 1994 Lincoln Town Car... Steel wheels I bought for the studded snow tires (225-75R15s) that were mounted on them. The previous owner took them of his 1994(?) Caprice, before he sold the car. The tires were like new, and I got them for $100 with the rims. He said he paid over $200 for the tires, then had them studded...
Anyway, trying to list them locally, and thought I'd get much further if I knew what else they fit...
Thought someone here might know about them...
Maybe they even fit Mopars?:dunno:
They must at least fit other GMs!
Thanks a lot, and BTW, I love your car. Did you ever correct your 13.21 timeslip? If you give me the time, date and race track, I may be able to correct it for you. You may already be in the 12s and nobody know it.;)

CRUZTAKER
12-23-2007, 10:56 PM
First off, thanks Cruz!
Second, it's not very interesting... They AREN'T for my MM... They were for my beater, my 1994 Lincoln Town Car... Steel wheels I bought for the studded snow tires (225-75R15s) that were mounted on them. The previous owner took them of his 1994(?) Caprice, before he sold the car. The tires were like new, and I got them for $100 with the rims. He said he paid over $200 for the tires, then had them studded...
Anyway, trying to list them locally, and thought I'd get much further if I knew what else they fit...
Thought someone here might know about them...
Maybe they even fit Mopars?:dunno:
They must at least fit other GMs!
Thanks a lot, and BTW, I love your car. Did you ever correct your 13.21 timeslip? If you give me the time, date and race track, I may be able to correct it for you. You may already be in the 12s and nobody know it.;)

225-75-15...
Not too good for us. Too narrow and way too short.
Perhaps peel them and list on eBay.

As far as timeslips, I am stuck in the 12.4x limbo until the spring.
Then everything changes!!!!

fastcar
12-24-2007, 07:22 AM
225-75-15...
Not too good for us. Too narrow and way too short.
Perhaps peel them and list on eBay.

As far as timeslips, I am stuck in the 12.4x limbo until the spring.
Then everything changes!!!!

Cruz, I said they were for my beater, NOT my MM! They work great on the 94 Lincoln Town Car.

As far as the wheels go, does anyone know what else they are good for???

Please save me from joining a Chevy forum:eek:

fastcar:D

Zack
12-24-2007, 07:24 AM
The thinner the snow tire, the better.

fastcar
12-24-2007, 07:38 AM
The thinner the snow tire, the better.

OMG, everyone stop about the tires! Tell me about the rims!!!:mad2:

fastcar:)

ADE 1000
12-24-2007, 04:52 PM
OMG, everyone stop about the tires! Tell me about the rims!!!:mad2:

fastcar:)

The 5"x5" bolt spacing that was used on the Caprice was used by GM for decades. With a few exceptions, those rims should fit most any full size RWD GM car from the 70s to the 90s.

fastcar
12-24-2007, 09:34 PM
The 5"x5" bolt spacing that was used on the Caprice was used by GM for decades. With a few exceptions, those rims should fit most any full size RWD GM car from the 70s to the 90s.

Now we are getting somewhere. Thank you very much, ADE!