PDA

View Full Version : Close Call -- Be Real Careful Out There

Bluerauder
12-24-2007, 02:12 PM
It is a mad house out there today. Had to run to the local market to pick up a couple items today. The MM was all clean and shiney from her bath and Ice down this morning.

I normally park in the back of the lot away from the idiots. No can do today. The lot was as jammed as I have ever seen it with folks doing last minute shopping.

When I was leaving, a young woman in a mini-van (Honda Odyssey, I think) came zooming up to the end of a row with a big Suburban parked on the end. Guess she couldn't see me approaching from the left. She WAS gonna come right into my lane of travel without even making a stop. She jammed on the brakes and barely stopped about 12" from my passenger door. I thought for sure that I was gonna get T-Boned 'cause she was in such a hurry to get to the next lane. :mad2:

I looked her straight in the face, then pointed and did the finger shake thing :nono: just to let her know how close she had come. She didn't return a 1-finger salute 'cause maybe she thought I was an unmarked car. :D

Ya'll be real careful out there. The crazed last minute shoppers are runnin' the roads and the parking lots. :shake:

DOOM
12-24-2007, 02:26 PM
Glad you didnt get hit charlie.

Bigdogjim
12-24-2007, 03:28 PM
I know what you mean Charlie!

I was two malls in the pasted few days and almost got hit a few times:mad:

Each time the driver was on a cell phone:argue:

One time I put the window and the guy said "sorry Officer":eek::eek::shake:

I just drove away.(I was wearing the marauder jacket:up:

Marauderman
12-24-2007, 04:40 PM
....I.....then pointed and did the finger shake thing just to let her know how close she had come. She didn't return a 1-finger salute

curious.....why would you differenciate and refer to her "salute" the "1-finger" and yours the "finger shake thing".....could it be all one and the same...as we know it.....uh.....a slip up maybe.....just tell it like is.....you told her how she was # 1 ....the "1 -finger " way .....after all .....in not hitting you---

No Big Deal!!!!!!!!!!

Merry Christmas----and glad you and the Blue survived

Bluerauder
12-24-2007, 06:30 PM
curious.....why would you differenciate and refer to her "salute" the "1-finger" and yours the "finger shake thing".....could it be all one and the same...as we know it.....uh.....a slip up maybe.....just tell it like is.....you told her how she was # 1 ....the "1 -finger " way .....after all .....in not hitting you---

No Big Deal!!!!!!!!!!

Merry Christmas----and glad you and the Blue survived
Not quite the same. :rolleyes:

I used my right index finger in a wagging motion. :nono: Meaning No, No ... you did a really dumb thing there.

The 1-finger "universal" salute using the middle finger means something entirely different and expresses a completely different sentiment. Personally, I don't use that specific gesture although it is quite popular in Northern Virginia especially among the fair sex .... ain't equality wonderful. ;)

I told it like it was and the way it happened. :P The fact that she didn't hit me doesn't excuse her dumbazz move through the parking lot. I was lucky this time and so was she .... maybe next time she'll be more cautious and save someone the aggravation of an accident.

SHERIFF
12-24-2007, 07:07 PM
.... maybe next time she'll be more cautious and save someone the aggravation of an accident.

Not likely.

RCSignals
12-24-2007, 08:18 PM
I made the mistake of going out last night. It was safer on the street than in the Mall parking lot.
Looked like a circle track race going on.

MM2004
12-25-2007, 05:43 AM
My 'last minute' shopping detail included a '99 Taurus.

The MM stayed at the crib. :D

Mike.

Bigdogjim
12-25-2007, 05:44 AM
:cat: :cat: Merry Christmas :puppy: :puppy:

MyTMerc
12-25-2007, 06:54 AM
Merry Christmas everyone! Charlie I'm glad you didn't get hit. I was in the Target parking lot yesterday and I was the target. I had just parked when a woman comes pushing a shopping cart from the next lane over between two rows of cars. No damage other than some paint off my passenger side mirror and a temporary rise in my blood pressure. She just kept walking and didn't give it a second thought.

This Christmas morning I woke to a call from my son's girlfriend who struck a deer on the way to work at 6am. Her Jetta will be out of commission for a while with some front end damage. The air bags didn't deploy. I was talking to the County Sheriff who told me he hit one with his cruiser earlier this morning and had about the same damage to his Crown Vic. This was his first call since he picked up another car.

Bigdogjim
12-25-2007, 07:13 AM
Shaun: Glad she is OK!!

Enjoy the day!!

MyTMerc
12-25-2007, 10:50 AM
Shaun: Glad she is OK!!

Enjoy the day!!
Yeah, she was fine. I drove her into work. Can't say the same for Bambi. Another car ran over it right after she hit it but kept going.

Aren Jay
12-25-2007, 01:30 PM
I sat at home with a full fridge and didn't dare venture out.