PDA

View Full Version : You Americans have Boxing Day?

Aren Jay
12-26-2007, 06:40 PM
My Marauder got a 12V power lugnut removal thingy.

Up to 250 lbs torque so it whould work.

I still havn't found my jack, although I havn't taken the donut out yet either.

whd507
12-26-2007, 08:23 PM
no, we dont have an official "boxing day" but it is a cheaper day to shop than say two days ago...

RCSignals
12-27-2007, 12:56 AM
Unfortunately no Boxing Day down here.
Someone should lobby for it.

jfclancy
12-27-2007, 06:28 AM
Well after working in Radar in the USAF for 20 years I take boxing day.
just use a day of vacation, worked for me back when I was working.
Day after Christmas is important.

Joe Clancy
;):beer::argue::beer::beer:

Bluerauder
12-27-2007, 07:07 AM
Boxing Day?? Not since the Gillette Friday Night Fights was cancelled. "Look Sharp ... Feel Sharp ... with Gillette razor blades". :D

ctrlraven
12-27-2007, 08:29 AM
Unfortunately no Boxing Day down here.
Someone should lobby for it.

My company recognizes Boxing Day when Christmas Day is close to the end of the week like for 2008, it is on a Thursday so instead of me getting off Christmas Eve, their giving us off Friday for Boxing Day lol.

rayjay
12-27-2007, 08:43 AM
What is boxing day? I've always wondered.

RoNiN77
12-27-2007, 05:20 PM
QUE ES ESO??? :bandit:

Master
12-27-2007, 06:26 PM
Boxing Day was traditionally the day after Christmas (this much is unchanged) when families would gather up old clothing, footwear and miscellania that had been previously discarded, unused or replaced by new items over the holidays. These items would then be boxed and left at the roadside whereupon those less fortunate could rummage and find items of use to them. This information I received from Stuart MacLean of The Vinyl Cafe. Never really new the meaning until I heard this two weeks ago.

Aren Jay
12-28-2007, 01:40 AM
Now it just means the massive sale early on the 26th of December.

Get up at 4-6am and line up to get in and get the best deals anywhere on most everything. From clothes to cars, electronics and furniture. I slept in and started the day off at 9am at Phils then cruised over and picked up a full length leather coat and a 12volt torque lug nut power wrench, then checked out the TV's and stayed well away from the malls.

rayjay
12-28-2007, 07:34 AM
Boxing Day was traditionally the day after Christmas (this much is unchanged) when families would gather up old clothing, footwear and miscellania that had been previously discarded, unused or replaced by new items over the holidays. These items would then be boxed and left at the roadside whereupon those less fortunate could rummage and find items of use to them. This information I received from Stuart MacLean of The Vinyl Cafe. Never really new the meaning until I heard this two weeks ago.

Thanks for the answer!

rayjay
12-28-2007, 07:35 AM
Now it just means the massive sale early on the 26th of December.

Get up at 4-6am and line up to get in and get the best deals anywhere on most everything. From clothes to cars, electronics and furniture. I slept in and started the day off at 9am at Phils then cruised over and picked up a full length leather coat and a 12volt torque lug nut power wrench, then checked out the TV's and stayed well away from the malls.

Ah, Canadian black friday.