PDA

View Full Version : Request my band please

Motorhead350
01-04-2008, 02:09 AM
I finally got some tunes up so give us a listen and request if you like us.

www.myspace.com/StangStomper

We are still getting the page together as well as major shows. Maybe I'll see you soon. Let me know what you like or dislike.

arejayesss
01-04-2008, 08:09 AM
Very Nice! I thought Wing It sounded like Minor Threat with Dick Dale sitting in on Guitar! Very cool combination

BigCars4Ever
01-04-2008, 10:43 AM
Myspace is banned at work. I'll listen when I get home though.

Motorhead350
01-04-2008, 11:11 AM
Very Nice! I thought Wing It sounded like Minor Threat with Dick Dale sitting in on Guitar! Very cool combination

Thanks so much! I'm a huge fan of Dick Dale and was into Minor Threat for a little while. I still love Punk and Rock N' Roll a lot. Thanks BigCars4Ever let me know how it goes.

Hack Goby
01-04-2008, 11:15 AM
Not bad Dom.:beer:

Motorhead350
01-04-2008, 11:28 AM
Thank you Paul. I do my best. :D

PhastPhil
01-04-2008, 11:52 AM
Sounds really cool !!!!

Blackened300a
01-04-2008, 01:10 PM
Not bad at all. I hope it works out for you. Its sad to say but you are catering to a bit of a niche crowd. Everyone is so brainwashed by the crap thats on the radio that it makes it hard to make a big impact.

Best of Luck! I do hope you succeed.
:beer:

Motorhead350
01-04-2008, 04:23 PM
The thing about success is how big your following is. I have kinda noticed the rising popularity for this type of music. Labels don't care what you sound like... all they care about is the money you can bring it. The more I look into major labels the more I dislike them. About I'll I listen to is underground punk and oldies that were on major labels at one point and dropped when The Beatles came around.

I'm really happy you guys like the stuff. I actually wrote it all the songs and found people to play them with me, now the line up is locked in for a while. The bass player has a 67 Mustang that is pictured in the picture being that 2 outta 3 of us are gearheads. The drummers dad has a 78 Camaro that has been sitting for ten years... we'll get it running in spring and our drummer might become a gearhead too, who knows. As long as he keeps the beat that's all that matters to me.

CRUZTAKER
01-04-2008, 05:30 PM
Awesome Dominick!

Mike Poore
01-05-2008, 04:59 AM
Not bad at all. I hope it works out for you. Its sad to say but you are catering to a bit of a niche crowd. Everyone is so brainwashed by the crap thats on the radio that it makes it hard to make a big impact.

Best of Luck! I do hope you succeed.
:beer:

Ahh, but that rap-crap's now passé, and Dom's guys are positioned to step into the breach.
As a fresh new sound, those guys will be trend setters. I told you we were gonna see his pitcher on the Rolling Stone, one of these days.
(the musicians are solid, now it's just a matter of the sound engineers getting the mix right.) :sing:

Motorhead350
01-05-2008, 04:54 PM
(the musicians are solid, now it's just a matter of the sound engineers getting the mix right.) :sing:

You couldn't be more right about that. The next songs I will be somewhere else, but you can't bear $25 an hour. Thanks Mike! ;)

BigCars4Ever
01-05-2008, 07:40 PM
Very cool! Did you record as a group or single tracks? A lot of energy there. I don't think my laptop speakers did it justice. I'll rip them to a cd and play them in the Marauder. It's the best sounding stereo I own.

BigCars4Ever
01-05-2008, 07:43 PM
Umm..me again. Download is turned off.

Motorhead350
01-06-2008, 12:18 AM
I can post the songs in a profile no problem, but we don't have that downloading program for 99 cents or whatever it is. To answer your questions we played the songs live without vocals. I took a long time doing the vocals because I never really sang before and I'm totally anti-autotune, but it was only necessary for 2 outta 16 songs. Some of the guitar I redid and Wing It had the guitar recorded at another time than the drums... I played really sloppy live so I practiced a lot and got it the next time I was in the studio. ;)

teamrope
01-06-2008, 10:02 PM
Not really my style of music but I can listen to it.... A he!! of a lot better sounding than rap or those gawd awful boy bands. :beer:

MACFORD88
01-06-2008, 10:07 PM
Awsome Work I LIKE IT.:rock:

Motorhead350
01-07-2008, 01:34 AM
Wow thanks, I can't really believe the positve responce to all of this. I guess I am good at this music thing. :cool:

94_302
01-19-2008, 08:41 AM
Throttle Stomp is catchy but is my least favorite of the 4. It's not bad I just liked the others better.
Wing It had moments were I instantly thought of ace of spades. It wasn't bad though. I would put this one probably my 2nd favorite of the two.
Back in Chicago I really liked I actually played it a few times. It sounds really good my favorite of the four by far.
Baby Blue I put this one at number 3 because thats the only one left it would probably be 2nd but I don't really listen to oldies type music anymore.

Thats the order I listened to the songs. It was good, but Back in Chicago was really my favorite of them all. You guys sounds good so just keep at it!

rayjay
01-19-2008, 08:58 AM
Very nice Dom. Let me know when you guys cut a CD, I'm in for a couple. It will sound great while blasting the road in the DTR.

Motorhead350
01-19-2008, 01:35 PM
Very nice Dom. Let me know when you guys cut a CD, I'm in for a couple. It will sound great while blasting the road in the DTR.

Wow thanks man. Our CD will be ready this coming monday actually and it'll cost 10 bucks before shipping. PM me where to send it to. ;)