PDA

View Full Version : Washington, DC Sighting

N40GL
01-06-2008, 08:46 AM
Most of you folks know I've got a new job working for a unit in the National Security Bureau of the FBI. Normally, I work in an unidentified location under the third rock from the left in Arlington, Virginia. But last week I had to trot over to FBI headquarters downtown for some business. Coincidentally, I'm driving the MM that day.

So, here I am, driving around the building looking for an open parking lot in the middle of the day, and driving down 10th St. NW, down to Pennsylvania Avenue to see what's open there. As I pass the building, I pass Crown Vics, Chargers, Expeditions, and Tahoes; all in their white and blue "FBI Police" livery. But at the end of the block, on the northwest corner of 10th and Pennsylvania, are parked four (4!) Marauders! Two red, one silver, one blue. Other than very tinted windows, they appear stock. So I park (temporarily and illegally) to take a look.

Yep - FBI cars (almost - one belonged to the DEA). Lights, radios, the whole shebang. Of course, the FBI Police came over to shoo me away until I explained who I was and what I was doing. Still, it was pretty cool that some special agents are enjoying special cars. Yes, the motors were modified and no, I won't tell you how. And I didn't take pictures because I didn't think it was appropriate. But, all-in-all, very cool. Maybe if your travels take you past the Hoover building, you might see 'em, too.

Efrem Zimbalist, Jr., would be proud.

Bluerauder
01-06-2008, 04:39 PM
... on the northwest corner of 10th and Pennsylvania, are parked four (4!) Marauders! Two red, one silver, one blue. Other than very tinted windows, they appear stock. .... Yep - FBI cars (almost - one belonged to the DEA).

Things are getting tight when even the FBI can't get black MMs. ;) Lemme guess ... the DEA car was blue.

TCBO1
01-07-2008, 01:15 PM
Finally they have something worth driving!! You are my idle! I wanna work for the FBI or the DIA one day when I grow up! :P

Natalie

merc
01-07-2008, 02:12 PM
I will be at the Hoover building today. Are they in the basement or on the street.

Bluerauder
01-07-2008, 02:19 PM
I will be at the Hoover building today. Are they in the basement or on the street.
Selling vacuum cleaners again?? ;)

N40GL
01-09-2008, 02:23 PM
When I saw 'em, they were parked right on the corner at PA Avenue. Amongst all the "FBI Police" cars.

merc
01-09-2008, 02:55 PM
Selling vacuum cleaners again?? ;)

No, but you can hear a large sucking sound as they waste our Federal dollars.

MM03MOK
01-09-2008, 02:56 PM
:congrats: on the new job, Mark. Don't suppose you'll be traveling less for this job?

N40GL
01-10-2008, 02:20 PM
:congrats: on the new job, Mark. Don't suppose you'll be traveling less for this job?

Actually, traveling not at all ('cept maybe domestically for seminars and whatnot). Downside is a 35 mile one way commute between Ashburn and Arlington (yuck!). But we move 17 miles closer to home in a year. For now, I'm driving the new car (VW GTI) and will experiment with taking the bus ($140/month parking) to keep the cost down.

Still - way more fun than I've had in a job in 18 years!

Big House
01-21-2008, 06:16 PM
:lol::lol:Man that was great.

No, but you can hear a large sucking sound as they waste our Federal dollars.