PDA

View Full Version : Joined the Double Marauder Club last weekend.

ckadiddle
01-07-2008, 09:15 AM
Twyla was finding that the Mustang was somewhat impractical for everyday use. The ONLY thing she would consider replacing it with was a Marauder. :burnout:
She is now driving a lovely black MM with about 47k on it. Black leather (which she loves) interior and Cobra emblems on the front panels (which she doesn't like). Was doing some internet searching last week and found one at a ridiculously low price within twenty miles of home. It drove nice and tight. God bless the credit union's ridiculously low loan rates! Dropping Twy off my health plan now that she has her own through her job almost covers the entire car payment. Hard to turn down such a deal, no?

Downsides...it was a smoker's car, don't smell it until you run the A/C with the windows up. It'll get a thorough detail soon and that may help some. Needs a plastic piece glued back on the drivers' door. Didn't have jack or spare tire hold down J-shaped hookythingie. I have a jack on the way, but still need the J-shaped thingie for the doughnut spare. Any of youse guys got one you'll sell cheap? I know some of you got completely rid of that stuff.... Also has the condensation in the headlights issue going on. Dark window tint job is bubbly and beat up and needs to be redone. We will probably go with the lighter tint that Blue Thunder has. For the price we paid, I don't mind these minor expenses, can take care of them over time.

Upsides: Runs freaking great (though stock tune SUCKS)! I am now the best husband in the entire universe, instead of the best on this planet. Accessories all seem to work OK. I always wanted a black Marauder and have always preferred the darker interior. Carfax was all good, VIN check with RoyLPita confirmed it has been a FL car and only had minor issues and seemed to be serviced regularly at FLM dealers. I will likely schedule fluid changes and a full checkup at our Ford dealer that has taken good care of Blue. Tires are in pretty good shape, won't have to buy anytime soon. Body looks excellent, paint is good with some orange peel in spots, but it's nice and shiny.

Of course, NOW she wants it fixed up like the blue one. LOL That means tune, mufflers and CAI. In time, it'll come...I can buy Marauder parts for every occaision. :)

arejayesss
01-07-2008, 09:28 AM
You Lucky Dog! Congrats:beer:

Downsides...it was a smoker's car, don't smell it until you run the A/C with the windows up. You should blast the car with an O3 (Ozone) machine. Really helps to neutralize odors instead of masking them.

I have a jack on the way, but still need the J-shaped thingie for the doughnut spare. I have a candy cane from Christmas 1994 if that will work;)

ckadiddle
01-07-2008, 09:48 AM
OK got a question...what are the little slots near the a/c control panel? Speaker? Interior temp sensor? They are currently covered with a patch of velcro that will be removed when I find the goo-gone bottle. I can't remember what they are for and couldn't find it with Search.

Zack
01-07-2008, 09:53 AM
Bend a piece of threaded rod for the J-Hook.
Congrats!

RoyLPita
01-07-2008, 09:54 AM
OK got a question...what are the little slots near the a/c control panel? Speaker? Interior temp sensor? They are currently covered with a patch of velcro that will be removed when I find the goo-gone bottle. I can't remember what they are for and couldn't find it with Search.

That is for the interior air temp sensor.

Enjoy MM#2.

captain
01-07-2008, 10:01 AM
ck...type in...EATC then hit go. there is an excellant post on it.

magindat
01-07-2008, 10:16 AM
Pete, Congrats again to you and Twyla!

To get rid of the smoke smell in the AC, get you some OZIUM at a FLAPS.

Put the AC on Norm, highest fan. Spray OZIUM in the cowl in front of the windshield. Spray generously. Turn off. Let sit.

Put the AC on MAX (recirc mode) Spray OZIUM under glove box generously. Turn off. Let sit.

A detail/shampoo will help a lot. I have an ozone/Ion machine if you need to borrow as a last resort.

I wouldn't spend much time/money on the smoker smell, though. If you are going to get a re-tint, they take off the old with ammonia. That'll kill any smell in the car for sure. So, for overall value per money spent, I'd start with the tint as you'll likely kill 2 birds with one stone.

Let me know if the Twy wants any SHINY stuff for the new ride!!!!!

All the best!
Rich

ckadiddle
01-07-2008, 10:34 AM
We didn't notice that it was a smoker's car until we had the a/c going with the windows up. The interior had to have been cleaned pretty good at some point because we are both sensitive to smoke. It had no smell at all opening the car after it had ssat closed on the car lot. The issues seem to be with what smoke deoposits remain in the a/c ducting. Will get ozium soon and try that Rich.

arejayesss
01-07-2008, 10:39 AM
We didn't notice that it was a smoker's car until we had the a/c going with the windows up. The interior had to have been cleaned pretty good at some point because we are both sensitive to smoke. It had no smell at all opening the car after it had ssat closed on the car lot. The issues seem to be with what smoke deoposits remain in the a/c ducting. Will get ozium soon and try that Rich.
This same thing happened with my Fiance's PT Cruiser. Smoker and dog odor BAD! Didn't notice untill after picked up. The headliner and basically the entire inside roof area seem to absorb the odors pretty good. Make sure that that area is cleaned / shampooed.

Haggis
01-07-2008, 11:14 AM
Congrats on being a two Marauder family.

Raudermaster
01-07-2008, 11:28 AM
Congrats man! I was trying to talk my g/f into getting an MM since she loves mine and has always loved them, but she would feel bad if she had to drive it in the winter.

MarauderTJA
01-07-2008, 02:33 PM
Pete congrats on the new Marauder at the house. I am sure that she will enjoy it. Interesting she wants some mods :D. I am hoping down the road to find a nice one for my wife and sell her Lincoln LS. Lucky dog you;).

Zack
01-07-2008, 02:35 PM
Pete congrats on the new Marauder at the house. I am sure that she will enjoy it. Interesting she wants some mods :D. I am hoping down the road to find a nice one for my wife and sell her Lincoln LS. Lucky dog you;).

Call me first, I may have one for sale :up:

ckadiddle
01-07-2008, 03:22 PM
Thanks for the congratulations. I am very blessed to have a second Marauder-loving wife. How often does that happen to a man in one lifetime?

Twyla loves to torture clueless care salespeople. We had the Mustang appraised at Carmax to make sure we were getting a fair trade-in value on it... While it was out being appraised we drifted around the building a while.

Some Carmax saleschick saw Twyla ogling the cute PT Cruiser convertible in the lobby, it was a gorgeous blue color. I was passing by on my way to look at something else and the lady said to me "I think someone is going home in a new car today!". Twyla asked the lady if it was "a six or a four " (meaning how many cylinders). Lady says "OH, it's a FOUR!" like it was something really special. Twyla said "oh, that's too bad. I only drive V8s!". The saleschicks's jaw just dropped. Expression was absolutely priceless. Wish I had been taking video at the time.

Cobra25
01-07-2008, 04:38 PM
Hello Pete, Happy New Year to both of you. First of all Congrats to Twyla on your New Marauder Purchase, may she have many problem free years of pleasure. Have her join the group under Group membership when she has a chance so we can put her name on the Official SSM list. Take care & God Bless.

2,4shofast
01-07-2008, 04:50 PM
If your not in a rush to get the J hook I have one at home that I will give you if you pay for shipping....the one draw back is that I wont be back in the states for a few more months....I have the good luck of recieving a paid vacation at the beach for awhile....well the beach minus the water ;)

If your not in a hurry I will send it when I get back....just let me know either way. Enjoy the new car:beer:

ckadiddle
01-07-2008, 06:36 PM
If your not in a rush to get the J hook I have one at home that I will give you if you pay for shipping....the one draw back is that I wont be back in the states for a few more months....I have the good luck of recieving a paid vacation at the beach for awhile....well the beach minus the water ;)

If your not in a hurry I will send it when I get back....just let me know either way. Enjoy the new car:beer:
What, you didn't take it with you to Iraq??????:eek:

J/K Getting home in one piece is the most important thing at this time! No hurry on the thingie.

ckadiddle
01-07-2008, 06:39 PM
Hello Pete, Happy New Year to both of you. First of all Congrats to Twyla on your New Marauder Purchase, may she have many problem free years of pleasure. Have her join the group under Group membership when she has a chance so we can put her name on the Official SSM list. Take care & God Bless.
She is already a mm.net member...I believe she is under "kadiddlebabe". She hasn't spent much time here. Yet! :D

Paul
01-07-2008, 06:43 PM
Congratulations Twyla! (you too, Pete, but remember it's her blackmobile. :D

Windsor58
01-07-2008, 07:13 PM
If the other good suggestions on getting the smoke smell out don't do the trick, try having the headliner replaced. I bought a Mustang several years ago that had been smoked in. I tried all the usual things, but it still smelled of smoke. I finally pulled the headliner out and had a shop replace the foam and fabric. That cured it. And when I pulled it out, the foam looked in bad shape. I think something in the smoke had started breaking down the foam.

And finally, congratulations on the new/2nd MM! I wish I could talk my wife into one.

SC Cheesehead
01-07-2008, 07:15 PM
Pete,

Congrats on the purchase! Hey are you and Twy going to make the trip up to Louisville for the Kentucky meet?

Rex

2,4shofast
01-07-2008, 07:40 PM
What, you didn't take it with you to Iraq??????:eek:

J/K Getting home in one piece is the most important thing at this time! No hurry on the thingie.

I tried but it didnt fit into my carry on :dunno:.... I will get it to ya sometime in early summer then. At least I am going to miss almost all of the snow this winter at home:D

JMan
01-08-2008, 05:23 AM
Pete and Twyla,
Congrats on the new purchase. I would pay to see the CarMax chick's face when Twyla said that. I have a "goofy-spare" holddown - it's yours. Some kid from up your way is coming down here for a meet on the 26th. I can pass it on to him! Also, I have an unused Predator tuner I got for cheap if you are interested in it.

Congrats again,

Jake

fastblackmerc
01-08-2008, 05:34 AM
Congrats on the new addition!

For the smell try Auto Vaccine.

www.theautovaccine.com

ckadiddle
01-08-2008, 08:53 AM
Pete and Twyla,
Congrats on the new purchase. I would pay to see the CarMax chick's face when Twyla said that. I have a "goofy-spare" holddown - it's yours. Some kid from up your way is coming down here for a meet on the 26th. I can pass it on to him! Also, I have an unused Predator tuner I got for cheap if you are interested in it.

Congrats again,

Jake
Uh, Jake, isn't that the tuner you bought from me after MVIV? :) I have an second xcal2 that I bought for Freddy's mustang, never got around to loading it. Gonna stick with that since I am already familiar with it. I already have a call into DR to see about swapping the tune for a MM tune. The hold-down will be great, then 2.4shofast doesn't have to try and remember it when he gets back to the states.

ckadiddle
01-08-2008, 09:01 AM
Pete,

Congrats on the purchase! Hey are you and Twy going to make the trip up to Louisville for the Kentucky meet?

Rex
Not likely if it is in 2008. It's going to take a long time to recover financially from 2007. Funeral, wedding and honeymoon have squeezed all the juice outta my resources. Maybe by 2009 we can do a Marauderville.

ckadiddle
01-08-2008, 09:02 AM
Thanks again for all the suggestions on de-smoking the car, they are appreciated!

MM03MOK
01-08-2008, 04:42 PM
:congrats: Twyla!!! :D

JMan
01-09-2008, 06:03 AM
Uh, Jake, isn't that the tuner you bought from me after MVIV? :) I have an second xcal2 that I bought for Freddy's mustang, never got around to loading it. Gonna stick with that since I am already familiar with it. I already have a call into DR to see about swapping the tune for a MM tune. The hold-down will be great, then 2.4shofast doesn't have to try and remember it when he gets back to the states.

Si senor. I never used the tuner. The holddown is yours. If you need it shipped, I'll ship it. Otherwise I'll try to pass it on the 26th.

J

knine
01-09-2008, 06:51 AM
Congrats on the 2 MM family. (Too bad it wasn't another BLUE) ;)

ckadiddle
01-09-2008, 07:31 AM
Si senor. I never used the tuner. The holddown is yours. If you need it shipped, I'll ship it. Otherwise I'll try to pass it on the 26th.

J
No hurry for it. Later is fine.:)

ckadiddle
01-09-2008, 07:40 AM
Congrats on the 2 MM family. (Too bad it wasn't another BLUE) ;)
She likes black better, especially the black leather seating in her new MM.

Don't know if you guys have seen these before:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-Keyless-Remote-Key-Fob-Cover-Mustang-Focus-Sema_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategor yZ33723QQihZ017QQitemZ27020059 3707QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

I got blue for the blue MM clickers, and purple for the black MM clickers cause Twyla's favorite color is purple. They are pretty neat and make it easier for me to hold onty my keys. They have a rubbery feel to them, makes the fob a little fatter - easier to grip for us old folks. Mainly easier for me to see at a distance which keys are lying on the table. There were other fancy covers from other vendors that completely replaced the hard plastic shell, but I didn't wanna fool with taking the clickers apart.