PDA

View Full Version : Stupid car culture popularity!

Motorhead350
01-08-2008, 12:16 AM
I have seen some stupid things in my days, but I have to mention 2 that are off the wall. A few months ago I saw a poorly parked Camaro Z28 from the 90s... not only was it parked on the sidewalk, but it had a V-Tech badge on it. Next, today I saw a mid 90s Mustang GT with 3 fender holes on each side. Those holes that you used to see on Buicks back when they were cool. If you don't know what I am talking about let me make it easy for ya. If something had a V6 it would have 3 port holes on each side... one per cylinder, now we all know a Mustang GT has a V8, so if this guy actually knew what he was doing instead of trying to be trendy he would have gotten 8 holes instead of 6. Either way, these holes people keep putting on their cars looks horrible and it's a real shame people don't even know what they are supposed to represent! :mad2:

Am I the only one noticing this? Ok I'm done.

Aren Jay
01-08-2008, 12:32 AM
As far as bad parking I was waiting for my special Order, at A&W the other day and a girl/lady drives up in her aveo hatchback parks at an angle taking up two spots gets out and walks inside the Safeway. It was a aveo it clearly could have been parked in one spot with 3 feet on either side and it is an aveo it isn't like it is special or anything.

She parked mostly in one spot but about 18 inches at the front in the other and about 4 inches at the back.

idiotic.

As far a vents in fenders/wings I must say the new XKR from Jaguar has these in a stylish verticle single vent and they look great.

http://www.caranddriver.com/assets/image/2006/Q4/121920061413520915.jpghttp://a138.g.akamai.net/n/138/3538/20030722064707/www.cars.com/stock/350x233/241543.jpg

Motorhead350
01-08-2008, 12:39 AM
I am talking about the holes people glue onto cars, not factory ones.

Aren Jay
01-08-2008, 12:44 AM
Like the ones on that Marauder with the 22 inch wheels.

Cordoba1
01-08-2008, 10:08 AM
I'm not sure why people get upset about the stick on vent-holes. These things are on all kinds of cars, some real, some fake -- not just Buicks. It's just a styling statement. I put the red vinyl letters (MARAUDER) in my bumper indents and fake Marauder badges on my front fenders. Is there really any difference?

2,4shofast
01-08-2008, 10:21 AM
I dont really see any diffrence at all either, I dont really care what people do to their cars no matter how tacky...I think it is a shame but they must have liked the way it looked or they wouldnt have done it I would think. Its like when you see guys with really ugly women...I pity them but it just leaves the beautiful ones for me.;) But I dont see a problem with 22's on a Marauder either so what do I know:D