PDA

View Full Version : Snow tire fix.

Aren Jay
01-08-2008, 05:09 PM
Well I didn't go away fro Christmas because my snow tires where presenting a massive vibration.

I thought it was a balancing issue, but it wasn't. The Core racing wheels I got didn't fit flush with the rotors and had to be sanded/ground down to fit square. It turns out they were not quite even with the rotor and there was movement. Thus causing the vibration. I have since had them ground/sanded down so that they are flush, no movement, and now i'm vibration free.

No I will not be able to recommend Core Racing 16 inch wheels for snow tires. Get the 16" x 7" PI OEM steels, they may not look pretty but they work, although I guess my wheels are prettier.

Raudermaster
01-08-2008, 05:16 PM
If you're not recommending them, why the hell did you buy them in the first place? CVPI rims are very easy/cheap to come by and it would have saved you the headache.

Aren Jay
01-08-2008, 05:17 PM
vanity.....

CRUZTAKER
01-08-2008, 10:52 PM
If you're not recommending them, why the hell did you buy them in the first place?

:sleepy:

Raudermaster
01-09-2008, 10:08 AM
:sleepy:

? What's that supposed to mean?

TCBO1
01-09-2008, 02:56 PM
:confused: ...maybe because he had already bought them and did not realize they would not fit without modification. If you've already spent the money... "in for the goose, in for the gander" they say. NOW, everyone knows that the racing wheels are not right for the car. Sucks that someone had to find out the hard way... could at least give the man some props for figuring out the problem with the wheels AND going through all the hassle he did for our betterment and education.

Natalie

offroadkarter
01-09-2008, 04:02 PM
? What's that supposed to mean?

Think it means, how could he recommend or not recommend them if he hasnt owned them in the first place :confused:

CRUZTAKER
01-09-2008, 08:03 PM
Think it means, how could he recommend or not recommend them if he hasnt owned them in the first place :confused:

Exactly Karter...
The trail of snow tire threads that has placed us here now is a long one.

Linger Longer.;)

Raudermaster
01-09-2008, 08:45 PM
Yes, it does suck he had to find out that way. If he didn't want "bling," he could have saved some headaches/money and just got CVPI like the rest of us.

Aren Jay
01-09-2008, 08:47 PM
Now you all know. On the other hand my Snow tire wheels work now so I'm all blinged out.

:)

Taemian
01-09-2008, 09:22 PM
:confused: ...maybe because he had already bought them and did not realize they would not fit without modification. If you've already spent the money... "in for the goose, in for the gander" they say. NOW, everyone knows that the racing wheels are not right for the car. Sucks that someone had to find out the hard way... could at least give the man some props for figuring out the problem with the wheels AND going through all the hassle he did for our betterment and education.

Natalie

"What's good for the goose, is good for the gander."

"In for a penny, in for a pound."

:beer:

TCBO1
01-10-2008, 08:16 AM
"What's good for the goose, is good for the gander."

"In for a penny, in for a pound."

:beer:

Hey! I knew it didn't sound right. I'm glad someone was able to fix my mumbo jumbo mess.. my bad I apologize. Total gayness (lack of thought processing) on my part.

Natalie