PDA

View Full Version : TATA! Not What U think!

sailsmen
01-10-2008, 11:03 AM
http://driving.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_style/driving/article3164205.ece

It's not for me.

What interest me the most is the revolutionary way it is designed and built.

Auto's keep getting more and more complicated because it is like an ant pile with each ant representing independent systems.

The TATA integrates many of the systems.

For instance why do autos have so many body panels? Because of an evolution in the mfg process. Even low volume mfg boats only have a hull and a deck.

ImpalaSlayer
01-10-2008, 11:09 AM
wouldnt work for me.

MarauderTJA
01-10-2008, 11:24 AM
Wouldn't want to get into an accident with it:shake:. Talk about meat in a can.

sailsmen
01-10-2008, 11:36 AM
It's not for me.

What interest me the most is the revolutionary way it is designed and built.

Auto's keep getting more and more complicated because it is like an ant pile with each ant representing independent systems.

The TATA integrates many of the systems.

For instance why do autos have so many body panels? Because of an evolution in the mfg process. Even low volume mfg boats only have a hull and a deck.

1of327
01-10-2008, 11:46 AM
P.O.S.
Death Trap

Bigdogjim
01-10-2008, 11:50 AM
Well at some point in time I think late '09 or early '09 a Company from India
will start selling cars in the US. I wonder where the help line will be located.:rofl:

TiTo35
01-10-2008, 01:42 PM
:down:What the hell you suppose to do with that?:confused:

dohc324ci
01-10-2008, 02:37 PM
Fellas,

I dont think the target market is the US at 290 million pop. India has around 1 billion (densely populated areas) folks with an emerging middle class that "now" (call centers/programmers) has purchasing power.

Shora
01-10-2008, 02:55 PM
These cars will sell like Ipods if they ever hit our market. Those who think otherwise are dead wrong IMO.

dohc324ci
01-10-2008, 03:07 PM
These cars will sell like Ipods if they ever hit our market. Those who think otherwise are dead wrong IMO.

You are not to far off; may not be now but in the future the CAFE standards will drive car manufacturer designs. Lighter, smaller = more fuel efficient cars and trucks. It is just reality; the more and more we have to compete (China & India) for our energy you will continue to see car designs shifting to ....ugh something like the TATA Mini!

http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/portal/site/nhtsa/menuitem.43ac99aefa80569eea575 29cdba046a0/

sailsmen
01-10-2008, 03:18 PM
I think the point is being completely missed.:confused:

The car is designed as a whole and not thousands of systems linked together.

This will make all cars less expensive and better. It just so happens that price is what drove this shift, but price will not be the end result of the shift.

dohc324ci
01-10-2008, 03:23 PM
I think the point is being completely missed.:confused:

The car is designed as a whole and not thousands of systems linked together.

This will make all cars less expensive and better. It just so happens that price is what drove this shift, but price will not be the end result of the shift.

Maybe you should have started with your reply instead of the initial thread with just a link. Then you wouldnt have all the assumptions:coolman:

Dr Caleb
01-10-2008, 03:59 PM
Fellas,

I dont think the target market is the US at 290 million pop. India has around 1 billion (densely populated areas) folks with an emerging middle class that "now" (call centers/programmers) has purchasing power.

Precisely. In India, it's also common to see four or five people on a moped. The Tata has much more protection than a moped.

And Tata is rumoured to be buying Jaguar and Rover from Ford.

Aren Jay
01-11-2008, 11:40 AM
They are selling the MDI Madcat soon.

jonas1022
01-12-2008, 08:07 PM
Precisely. In India, it's also common to see four or five people on a moped. The Tata has much more protection than a moped.

And Tata is rumoured to be buying Jaguar and Rover from Ford.
Not a rumour, a reality. They are still in negotiations as to the details, and have agreed to agree on the basic terms of the sale. Should be completed before the year (08) is out.

IMHO, Ford is selling the money makers. And keeping the looser, Volvo. Volvo has lost money ever since Ford bought it. JLR has been making money for the past 4-5 years! DOH!:flamer: